Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Don't forget Pollyanna's words of wisdom - you don't get a CO if you have sent everything required, you go straight to visa. You couldve had a CO for weeks and not know it and then kapow - visa in your inbox
I know.......but I did call DIAC last week......and they firmly told me I still have no CO......so in my case, I do not think the above applies just uet.....but in the near future I have strong hopes that it will !!!!!
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I saw the udpated timings this morning, my category has moved 3 days in the last week......so since I still have 5 weeks to go before they reach the date I lodged, at the current pace, that means it will take roughly 8 weeks to get there !!!!! I cannot handle another TWO months of waiting on top of the 13 I have waited already......!

Gruuuuuuggggghhhhh!
Nix
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
We got it!!! We got it!!

We left the country (Australia) 26th and it was granted 29th so here we are in Queenstown, NZ having a holiday of our lives. Can't wait to get back HOME to Brisbane and start our lives.

Can't believe we got a HOME again!!

So hang in there you lot. We are a living proof that even though it takes time, it will happen

Kati

CONGRATULATIONS, KATI!!!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Congratulations Kaitlin!!! Great news for you

I feel for you Nix - keep your chin up - easier said than done I know. We're still waiting too - 10and half months so far - who could have guessed waiting would be so hard on the sanity :curse:

Alex
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:34 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
We got it!!! We got it!!

We left the country (Australia) 26th and it was granted 29th so here we are in Queenstown, NZ having a holiday of our lives. Can't wait to get back HOME to Brisbane and start our lives.

Can't believe we got a HOME again!!

So hang in there you lot. We are a living proof that even though it takes time, it will happen

Kati

FANTASTIC NEWS KATIE - Really pleased for you all
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
I know.......but I did call DIAC last week......and they firmly told me I still have no CO......so in my case, I do not think the above applies just uet.....but in the near future I have strong hopes that it will !!!!!
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I saw the udpated timings this morning, my category has moved 3 days in the last week......so since I still have 5 weeks to go before they reach the date I lodged, at the current pace, that means it will take roughly 8 weeks to get there !!!!! I cannot handle another TWO months of waiting on top of the 13 I have waited already......!

Gruuuuuuggggghhhhh!
Nix
You know what Nix, don't pay too much attention to that email - it told me not to expect my visa til next March and I got it in August. There is hope!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Reply from DIAC to complaint via agent,
Seem to use the same set of words every time, date order, transparent and fair approach!!...how can they say fair? when they are granting visas for 2008 applicants!!
Still hopefully they actually looked at the file this time or may'be just used the info in the query of course,whichever way you look at it we are no further forward.
I like the words "next few weeks". Weeks, not days, but bloody weeks.
Dear God, when will it end????

Dear xxx,

Thank you for the feedback received on 26 September 2008 which has been
referred to me for follow up and reply.

The Skilled Class VF Regional Sponsored subclass 475 application of
xxxxxx was received on 29 October 2007. The Adelaide Skilled
Processing Centre is currently allocating applications of this subclass
received on 27 September 2007. Depending on the volume of applications
received in the period between allocation date and your applicant's
lodgement date, I would expect the application to be allocated in the
next few weeks.

To monitor where we are up to with our application timeframes please
send a blank email to [email protected] for the information by
auto response. This information is updated weekly.

The department allocates applications in the order that they were
received.
The varying case load of nine subclasses being simultaneously processed
requires a transparent and fair approach to the allocation and balancing
of the workload. I understand the need to have your application assessed
and decided as quickly as possible, and assure you that we are
constantly working to improve our processes

The ASPC apologises for any concern our delays may be causing you but
assure you that we value the knowledge, expertise and economic benefits
skilled migrants bring to Australia and we are processing all visa
applications as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards,

xxxxx
Service Delivery Branch
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre
Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
Telephone:1300 364 613
Facsimile + 61 (0) 8 8237 6629

Last edited by Wishwewerethere; Oct 1st 2008 at 7:38 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Seem to use the same set of words every time, date order, transparent and fair approach!!...how can they say fair? when they are granting visas for 2008 applicants!!
Still hopefully they actually looked at the file this time or may'be just used the info in the query of course,whichever way you look at it we are no further forward.

Dear xxx,

next few weeks.

received.

Kind Regards,

xxxxx
Service Delivery Branch
wwwt

I don't want to disappoint but I don't think they looked at the file anymore than just checking date of ack etc. This is absolutely identical to the one I sent. No personal answer to any of the specific points I raised and just the bog standard cut and paste answer. The only personal bits were my name and date of ack (plus receipt of meds) - in fact these are the only facts that I know about the progress of my case and I included them in my complaint even, so the person looking at mine hardly had to break a sweat to respond! I've lost all energy to be angry - just wish they would review their situation, issue a press release about how bogged down they are and issue some up to date guidance about the reality of processing, including double time frames for each visa so that other poor sods can see that there are two timeframes at work in each of the 9 different categories. Transparent means - quick on line and desperately slow for paper. Honesty in the information would at least mean we had realistic expectations and could manage our lives. My four kids are completely at a loss - little things like not paying for trips that they "may" not go on - no-one can plan anything in our house. Was so angry last week kept thinking about how to escalate, but worried sick I'll get a black mark. At a loss for what to do - if I'd known there was no chance of any progress until after Christmas (which is what I'm thinking now) I'd not even be looking yet for any progress but like you I was led to believe something else. I know in previous years it took years, but it isn't meant to now so I don't think it is unreasonable that we are a tad frustrated. Now off to have a bath - it will stop me indulging in choc. We should set up our own thread for the poor forgotten few!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

God how FRUSTRATING for you. What did your agent say?

With your one year anniversary coming up I wonder if that gives you more leverage, being outside the client charter etc.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jane BK
wwwt

I don't want to disappoint but I don't think they looked at the file anymore than just checking date of ack etc. This is absolutely identical to the one I sent. No personal answer to any of the specific points I raised and just the bog standard cut and paste answer. The only personal bits were my name and date of ack (plus receipt of meds) - in fact these are the only facts that I know about the progress of my case and I included them in my complaint even, so the person looking at mine hardly had to break a sweat to respond! I've lost all energy to be angry - just wish they would review their situation, issue a press release about how bogged down they are and issue some up to date guidance about the reality of processing, including double time frames for each visa so that other poor sods can see that there are two timeframes at work in each of the 9 different categories. Transparent means - quick on line and desperately slow for paper. Honesty in the information would at least mean we had realistic expectations and could manage our lives. My four kids are completely at a loss - little things like not paying for trips that they "may" not go on - no-one can plan anything in our house. Was so angry last week kept thinking about how to escalate, but worried sick I'll get a black mark. At a loss for what to do - if I'd known there was no chance of any progress until after Christmas (which is what I'm thinking now) I'd not even be looking yet for any progress but like you I was led to believe something else. I know in previous years it took years, but it isn't meant to now so I don't think it is unreasonable that we are a tad frustrated. Now off to have a bath - it will stop me indulging in choc. We should set up our own thread for the poor forgotten few!

Am MORE than happy to escalate for everyone. Did anyone find that email for the minister in the end? Should we start a new thread sort of in the manner of a petition, for people to make themselves known who have been overtaken in the processing? Or would this thread serve that purpose? Just thinking - what I would like to send the minister is a series of hard facts showing examples of applicants waiting vs. applicants granted in 08.

Last edited by maroonedNZ; Oct 1st 2008 at 8:24 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jane BK
wwwt

Jane you sound exactly like me. Today I've filled in forms for a residential trip that we assumed my son wouldn't be going on but, if we are going to be around (which we plainly are) we don't want him to miss it. Poor chap doesn't know if he's coming or going! My daughter assumed she wouldn't be here for her birthday but now it looks as if she will so we're sorting out a party for her. It's the not knowing that's so unsettling.....I'm sure the children are beginning to think that we won't ever really be going and that the 'australia emigration' just involves talking about it and being grumpy! When the visa does actually come (hollow laugh) and we actually start to move I think they'll be in total shock!! Oh that and everyone asking 'has it come?'. I'm supply teaching because I resigned thinking that the visa would come in August and we'd be off at the end of Sept. Every time I go into school I get the same questions and of course they care and are being nice but I could scream. Of course I just smile politely and say 'still waiting'. (I know that there was chat about this a few days ago).
That reply to wishwewerethere is exactly the same as the one I got. I think it would be a good idea to start a thread for us forgotton few but I think there's already a 'paperbased' thread somewhere - I'm sure we must be all paperbased.

Try to keep chins up and smiles pasted on - after all, as Scarlett O'Hara said - "Tomorrow is another day" !!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

God how FRUSTRATING for you. What did your agent say?

With your one year anniversary coming up I wonder if that gives you more leverage, being outside the client charter etc.
Not much.
Still they have our money so not to bothered I expect.
How do you break down this barrier that DIAC keep putting up and get the answers that you want.
Asking for progress is no good and complaint form ain't no use either.
May try calling them and hassling them that way.
The way we feel is we are already on the bottom so what have we to loose.
On the upside had a lot of viewings and house on market less than a week.
Still, no offers!! early days.
Just wondering what to do if house sells, rent here or in Oz, using that 676 visa if possible but not being able to work.
If only knew how much longer to wait would be able to organise life!!
Just so bloody fed up!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere

Dear xxx,

next few weeks.

received.

Kind Regards,

xxxxx
Service Delivery Branch

Absolutely amazing......your email was EXACTLY the same wording as the one I received !!!!
So a for sure cut and paste......
13.5 months and waiting.....

Nix
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Absolutely amazing......your email was EXACTLY the same wording as the one I received !!!!
So a for sure cut and paste......
13.5 months and waiting.....

Nix
I'm worried about your visa Nix, that the 138 has got lost somewhere in the changeover to the new visa types. I can't remember if you have an agent? Have they anything useful to say?

Has everyone tried using the approach - when they ring or fill in the complaint form - of using the line in the ASPC email that says they should contact DIAC if they applied more than 2 weeks prior to the dates shown? I can't help feeling that if it's there in black and white there must be some more formal recourse for you to follow than these stupid standard email responses you keep getting.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm worried about your visa Nix, that the 138 has got lost somewhere in the changeover to the new visa types. I can't remember if you have an agent? Have they anything useful to say?
No agent .......but I do phone DIAC once a month and my application is there......just not moving up the pile.....
Not sure what else to do.......
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:22 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

No agent .......but I do phone DIAC once a month and my application is there......just not moving up the pile.....
Not sure what else to do.......

What's your occupation Nix?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.