Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by jane BK
Right just posted the complaint form - had the bog standard response from my general enquiry and have asked nicely for more accurate estimate of timeframes so can settle family (and me mainly!). Will let you know how I get on - or that they've refused us....
Got my fingers crossed for you Jane
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Just to let you all know that I am still here and waiting (especially as I started this thread)!!!!!

Case officer was allocated on 2nd September and requested further details - we have sent these by email but no news yet so the wait continues zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I have to say like many others I go through a range of emotions throughout the course of a day - was told by my eldest son yesterday to "stop being a woman" and "don't worry, chill, it will all be fine" such words of wisdom from one so young but then maybe it's his tender years that give him less to worry about!!!!

Jackie
xx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jane BK
Right just posted the complaint form - had the bog standard response from my general enquiry and have asked nicely for more accurate estimate of timeframes so can settle family (and me mainly!). Will let you know how I get on - or that they've refused us....
Well done!! Good luck I hope it works for you too.

I wonder if they are reading this thread and cursing me???
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well done!! Good luck I hope it works for you too.

I wonder if they are reading this thread and cursing me???
But our good wishes to you for your support cancel anything they say out!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Alex.......look at my timeline, it may make you feel a little better.....I too have been feeling very down in the dumps and cannot seem to shake it. I just wish we knew how much longer we had to wait....
I filled in a complaint form (very well worded) last week....and the reply was very generic, and not helpful at all.....

Hope to have some good news soon.....

Nix
I reckon it must be something to do with you being on the old 138 visa category. Kick up a huge stink, it's not your fault they decided to completely change the system and managed it apallingly

Do you have an agent?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

No agent. I did the application myself........but I don't think that has made much of a difference.
I am going to call ASPC again tonight - I was going to wait until the end of the month, but I need some answers......
Last call at the end of the August was the same old generic response. I have also filled in a complaint form.....
What else can I possibly do - these are all the correct channels to follow...

I'll update tomorrow if there is any new news.....

Thanks for the support....

Nix
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
No agent. I did the application myself........but I don't think that has made much of a difference.
I am going to call ASPC again tonight - I was going to wait until the end of the month, but I need some answers......
Last call at the end of the August was the same old generic response. I have also filled in a complaint form.....
What else can I possibly do - these are all the correct channels to follow...

I'll update tomorrow if there is any new news.....

Thanks for the support....

Nix
Hi poor you! I just can say very much depend on luck. Can't find out what rule they are following, no date.. no MODL...no low risk country....
just hope you can hear the good new soon.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:18 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

congrats FA!! Your complaint worked :O:O I've called them numerous times and NOTHING. Yeasterday the guy said that I shouldn't be long now. How long is that????

I can't believe that we haven't got the visa yet...

K
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
congrats FA!! Your complaint worked :O:O I've called them numerous times and NOTHING. Yeasterday the guy said that I shouldn't be long now. How long is that????

K
yes! we also can't believe that you and me also still waiting, we submited almost the same time on Dec, but the visa already go to June
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Complaint worked for me I have a CO

Dear Mr Ross, Thank you for your email which has been referred to me for follow-up andreply. Your application was allocated to a case officer last week however there isoften a 2-3 week delay between allocation to a case officer and assessment. Once a case officer has assessed your application they will contact you ifthey require any further information.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by rocket01
Complaint worked for me I have a CO

Dear Mr Ross, Thank you for your email which has been referred to me for follow-up andreply. Your application was allocated to a case officer last week however there isoften a 2-3 week delay between allocation to a case officer and assessment. Once a case officer has assessed your application they will contact you ifthey require any further information.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE COMPLAINT FORM!!!

Fantastic news - well done you for taking action
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaitlin

K
Thanks Kati!! i have just posted the link to the complaints form on the other side for you. Hadn't seen this!! definately use it, you are more in need than anyone.:curse:

Congrats on your CO Rocket!!!

MaroonedNZ has been our saviour!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away

MaroonedNZ has been our saviour!!

yes! Thanks MaroonedNZ for helping a lot in here
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Congrats Rocket!!! Looks like the complaint for worked for you!!

I sent my feedback in too - received reply this morning and it's not quite a standard reply but not a lot more than that.

It says something like - "thanks for feedback which has been forwarded to me. You applied 12th Nov and we are currently processessing 29th September (which is wrong according to their most recent update!). I expect your application to be dealt with in the coming weeks (WEEKS!!! I was hoping for days at the least!) In the meantime forward any outstanding documents so that when a CO picks up your application it is already good to go. (they already have everything - it IS good to go!!)

That's basically it paraphrased (I can't copy/paste because the emails come through on husbands computer!).

Bit frustrating - in my daydreams I had hoped for a MaroonedNZ situation where they just grant the visa or at the very least a Rocket situation where at least I'm told I have a CO but there you go.

Well - as my husband says - you won't get an apple if you don't shake the tree and I think we have shaken the tree!

Nix - I feel for you, I really do. It seems so unfair. Surely you'll hear news soon. I really hope so!!

Take care everyone!!

Alex
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:05 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Well guys, I'm a bit behind and there's too many pages for me to catch up on! Our visas were granted on the 16th september (February applicant) and I really hope now that our CO will move onto the applicants still waiting who lodged before us

Noofie - after we sent in the requested info from our CO it took 18 days to get the grant letter and nothing changed on the status page until that day!

Wishing you all speedy visas xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.