Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Ohmygod my heart actually skipped a beat for you then! AWESOOOOOOOOOOME!

Get those forms filled in people!!!!

So happy for you guys
Thanks so much for your advice to complain - I'm sure it did the trick!!!!!

I think the DIAC may well have a few more complaints now.

I could kiss you!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
Congratulation you should cry... a long wait...you have it now!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
Well done I bet you feel so relieved and excited fingers crossed we won't be long after you

BTW did you exchange??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Congratulations Your long wait is over. Good luck with the next stage.

Anne
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations and the best of luck with your new life in OZ
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Congratulations Fly Away - now the adventure really begins!

I have been lurking on this thread for ages but haven't posted anything anywhere for a while because I've been so down in the dumps as we're still waiting for our visa
We're paperbased Nov applicants - will it ever come?????

But I feel a glimmer of hope may be in order now! Come on DIAC let this be a record visa issueing week.

good luck everyone!

Alex
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
Congratulations Fly Away - now the adventure really begins!

I have been lurking on this thread for ages but haven't posted anything anywhere for a while because I've been so down in the dumps as we're still waiting for our visa
We're paperbased Nov applicants - will it ever come?????

But I feel a glimmer of hope may be in order now! Come on DIAC let this be a record visa issueing week.

good luck everyone!

Alex

Alex did you guys fill in a form yet? And also do you use the Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb still waiting thread? You poor things what a looong wait that's been
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Hi! yes we filled the form in as soon as we saw your news!!!! Haven't heard anything back from that yet though.
Also we asked our agent to phone and they just wouldn't give her any information about when our visa might be issued - it's like hitting a brick wall!
Have been feeling really down about our long, long wait but when I hear that others are getting their visa it is heartening. Also I keep telling myself that everyday that passes must be a day closer!!

And yes I've just joined the Nov, Dec, Jan etc waiting thread - that's what we're on now!!!!

Alex
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Hi! yes we filled the form in as soon as we saw your news!!!! Haven't heard anything back from that yet though.
Also we asked our agent to phone and they just wouldn't give her any information about when our visa might be issued - it's like hitting a brick wall!
Have been feeling really down about our long, long wait but when I hear that others are getting their visa it is heartening. Also I keep telling myself that everyday that passes must be a day closer!!

And yes I've just joined the Nov, Dec, Jan etc waiting thread - that's what we're on now!!!!

Alex
Ooops...I've clearly become a 'thread junkie' and have lost track of where I am

I reckon no news could be good news - peeps who got the standard bullsh*t "we process in date order" response got it pretty much straight away...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

I reeeeeeally hope so!!!! Fingers, legs, toes and even eyes crossed!!!

Checking emails every half an hour or so - how sad is that!!! Everyone knows that a watched kettle never boils and an obsessed visa watcher never gets the visa!!!

I'd better go and do something useful - hang washing out etc.......right after I check my emails!

Alex
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Checking emails every half an hour or so - how sad is that!!! Everyone knows that a watched kettle never boils and an obsessed visa watcher never gets the visa!!!

I'd better go and do something useful - hang washing out etc.......right after I check my emails!

Alex
We need to start a support group for people to go through Britishexpats cold turkey after they get their visas
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Alex
I no what you mean I'm also a Novemberee paper, I just came upstairs to put some washing away, somehow I managed to walk into the office to the PC and still am here 20 mins later. I wouldn't mind but the office is at the other end of the house to the washing that wants putting away. sigh. For some reason I've got quite a good feeling about our visa being imminent. You wait I'll probably be wishing I'd not said that when I'm still sat here in a month.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

ajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Just catching up on this and some of the other threads, there seems to be alot more movement going on than there has been for ages - fantastic stuff! Will be keeping an eye on the website until at the very least I see Janebk and Wishwewerethere get their visas

So - I cried when I got the pre-grant letter, I cried when they gave my the label this morning and I even managed a lump in my throat when we flew back in over Sydney today. Maybe I am not the hardened old bag I thought I was after all

Got a good feeling about this week - visatastic!
Congratulatoins...Best of luck..
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

OMG!!!!
Fly Away has her VISA!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!

FLY AWAY AND JASB with VISA GRANTS TODAY!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Liz F
I no what you mean I'm also a Novemberee paper, I just came upstairs to put some washing away, somehow I managed to walk into the office to the PC and still am here 20 mins later. I wouldn't mind but the office is at the other end of the house to the washing that wants putting away. sigh. For some reason I've got quite a good feeling about our visa being imminent. You wait I'll probably be wishing I'd not said that when I'm still sat here in a month.
Where do these 'feelings' come from do you think? I have a good feeling this week too but like you say I bet I'll wish I hadn't said that in a few days time!
Also I tie myself up in knots by thinking that the visa will come when I'm not constantly thinking about it so I need to get busy and keep occupied!

Also another thing (can you tell I'm a worrier!!) all this focus on The Visa is putting the whole move out of perspective. I'm so desperate to get the visa that I'm not thinking about what it'll be like when we do actually go because in actual fact I'm pretty nervous about leaving everything behind and starting again in Oz. But THE WAIT FOR THE VISA is making me feel that "I just want to get there" which may or may not be a 'real' feeling. Does that make any sense???

Go on...you can say it.....get a life!!! I know, I know I'm a sad case.

Thank goodness for BE and being able to 'talk' to others in the same boat or I really would go mad (if I haven't already looking at what I've just written!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.