View Poll Results: When people are looking to move?
Before June 2007
18.18%
June - September 2007
24.24%
September - December 2007
30.30%
27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

November 2006 application

Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

dondotone will become famous soon enoughdondotone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: November 2006 application

Oh my god Karma!!!!!!!! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations totally exciting news. Love hearing visa grant news!!!

You really deserve the luck. You had us all worried there for a month or two. Great your persistance paid off. Well done I am soooooo chuffed for you. Now I am off to change your colour on the spreadsheet.

Great to hear news from everyone else too!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
Hi there guys! Long time no speak. (Hope you havent all forgotten me!)

It's been a while since I've been on the site as we moved into rented accom back in England at the end of May and havent had an internet connection til last week! Congratulations to all those who have got thier visas in the past couple of months!

I'm pleased to report that we are enjoying it so far in Oz. We arrived in Perth on 5th July. We've moved into a 12 month rental, both got jobs, got ourselves a car and our furniture has arrived! Hopefully the nicer weather should be arriving in the next couple of weeks and we can start to fire up the bbq's!

Anyway, if any of you guys are already in Perth or heading in this direction, it would be good to hear from you. Any questions (bearing in mind i'm still quite new ) feel free to ask and I'll do my best to find out!

Hayley
Hi Hayley Im glad things are going well for you we havent forgot you. Did your stuff arrive ok what did you ship? any tips re what you wished you had taken or not bothered with. Im on with the clearout now estate agent coming today Im a bit sad but know it has to go. who did you use for the shipment? Take Care hope it continues to be as good for you keep in touch as its so nice to hear how our expat friends are getting on.Trudi
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi Hayley Im glad things are going well for you we havent forgot you. Did your stuff arrive ok what did you ship? any tips re what you wished you had taken or not bothered with. Im on with the clearout now estate agent coming today Im a bit sad but know it has to go. who did you use for the shipment? Take Care hope it continues to be as good for you keep in touch as its so nice to hear how our expat friends are getting on.Trudi
Hi, our container was delayed 3 weeks! Could have been worse though I suppose. We shipped most of our furniture. People here buy Queen size beds as normal (they are the same size as the UK king) so if you are bringing loads of double bedding, you might struggle to find a double bed! I would advise to get some king size sheets in the UK and get a Queen size bed when you get here. I have found sheets (fitted sheets, flat sheets etc) to be expensive. I would recommend getting yourself to Matalan, taking them out of the packing and banging them in the container!

We used Anglo Pacific, they were OK. Every company on here seems to have good and bad comments!

Good luck with the move!

Hayley
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:47 pm
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dondotone
Oh my god Karma!!!!!!!! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations totally exciting news. Love hearing visa grant news!!!

You really deserve the luck. You had us all worried there for a month or two. Great your persistance paid off. Well done I am soooooo chuffed for you. Now I am off to change your colour on the spreadsheet.

Great to hear news from everyone else too!!
Thanks my love.It is great news - I am finally out of the 7 year bad luck phase - I want to swear! My tide has turned !Whooppee!Thanks for staying there for me! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
Hi, our container was delayed 3 weeks! Could have been worse though I suppose. We shipped most of our furniture. People here buy Queen size beds as normal (they are the same size as the UK king) so if you are bringing loads of double bedding, you might struggle to find a double bed! I would advise to get some king size sheets in the UK and get a Queen size bed when you get here. I have found sheets (fitted sheets, flat sheets etc) to be expensive. I would recommend getting yourself to Matalan, taking them out of the packing and banging them in the container!

We used Anglo Pacific, they were OK. Every company on here seems to have good and bad comments!

Good luck with the move!

Hayley
Thanks Hayley, its tips like that what helps.Trudi
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Hey guys,

Just thought I would let you know we got our container delivered today! Yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of broken items (not worth much but insured for replacement value), so we are not worried. I do not blame either UK shipping end or OZ shipping end as they were all fantastic! Used Robinsons in UK (they use Wridgeways in Brisbane) and we now have many days worth of work ahead of us to unpack what we need until we buy a house.

For those of you interested - all of our TV's work!!!!! They were all relatively new and high spec and we are delighted that we don't have to buy new ones. This is only our experience, so do not take it for granted that everything will work!!

Big hugs to you all. I am now typing on my PC (Heaven) and not the silly laptop where I spend half the time correcting my typo's.

Speak soon.

Love

Carol and the gang!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. We've only gone and bought a house yesterday. Bit shell shocked and absolutely love it, but heck, it was quick. Now have to run around like a nutter today taking in the deposit, finding a solicitor and pest/termite surveyor. Completion date 8th October!

We have chosen a 4 x 2 with pool in Heritage Park. The area looks nice and clean and there are good transport links around. 24km from CBD.

Anyway, that's it from me for now. Does anyone else have any news???

Hope you are all well and see some of you 'brisbanites' soon.

Carol
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cartel
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. We've only gone and bought a house yesterday. Bit shell shocked and absolutely love it, but heck, it was quick. Now have to run around like a nutter today taking in the deposit, finding a solicitor and pest/termite surveyor. Completion date 8th October!

We have chosen a 4 x 2 with pool in Heritage Park. The area looks nice and clean and there are good transport links around. 24km from CBD.

Anyway, that's it from me for now. Does anyone else have any news???

Hope you are all well and see some of you 'brisbanites' soon.

Carol
Congratulations!!!! It's all coming together now!

Satisfy my curiosity. I've seen 4x2 on loads of adverts for houses. What does it mean?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:24 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Congratulations!!!! It's all coming together now!

Satisfy my curiosity. I've seen 4x2 on loads of adverts for houses. What does it mean?
4 beds and 2 living areas
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iceman
4 beds and 2 living areas
Yay! Thanks Iceman! Today I have been educated!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:42 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Well the time is here. Everything we have is on a container, the house is empty and it is a very strange feeling. We leave on Tuesday evening and head to Brisbane, arriving Thursday morning. The internet goes off on Monday. We owe nothing and own nothing but the last year of waiting is over. I know alot of you have gone already and some of you we hope to see on the other side. Best of luck to all still in the UK.

Very Best Wishes
Mr and Mrs Iceman and all the Icechildren

Last edited by iceman; Oct 12th 2007 at 10:44 pm. Reason: Additional text
Old Oct 13th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iceman
Well the time is here. Everything we have is on a container, the house is empty and it is a very strange feeling. We leave on Tuesday evening and head to Brisbane, arriving Thursday morning. The internet goes off on Monday. We owe nothing and own nothing but the last year of waiting is over. I know alot of you have gone already and some of you we hope to see on the other side. Best of luck to all still in the UK.

Very Best Wishes
Mr and Mrs Iceman and all the Icechildren
All the best Iceman and family just wanted to thank you for all the advice and support you have given on this thread I hope you achieve what you wish for from australia and enjoy the next chapter in your lives. Im off to Cairns in january so selling off stuff gradually done another boot sale this morning. Im yet to decide which removal company to use as they have all been so expensive so far but its got to be done I suppose just a shame its so much. safe journey and dont forget your expat buddies will you? would love an update from you when you settle. Regards Trudi
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Hi all,

Well still aiming to go end of March but still have house to sell :curse:. We are going thou whatever, and will just leave it here on the market.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

HorseandHound is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Well we are here and settled in to lovely town called Romsey an hours drive from Melbourne. we Both have full time job and settle in to the routine of life.

Our container has just arrive a the port this week so have a few weeks before we get our thinks.

Hope every one else is settling in.

Brian & Ally
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HorseandHound
Hi all,

Well we are here and settled in to lovely town called Romsey an hours drive from Melbourne. we Both have full time job and settle in to the routine of life.

Our container has just arrive a the port this week so have a few weeks before we get our thinks.

Hope every one else is settling in.

Brian & Ally
Hi Brian & Ally,

Fantastic news. It's quite a shock when you first arrive but things eventually settle down.

We are also very happy in our new house in Brisbane and looking forward to a fantastic Christmas (if not a strange one ). Nothing traditional going to happen here!!!

Could others please post and let us know how you are all doing and how your plans/life are going at the moment.

Best of luck to everyone.

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.