Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Not getting an invitation to apply what to do?

Wikiposts

Not getting an invitation to apply what to do?

Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not getting an invitation to apply what to do?

Hi all

This is the Oct-07 invitation round results http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...rt-2013-10-07/

According to this cut off for Software and Applications Programmers is this.
2613 Software and Applications Programmers 60 7/05/2013 1.18 pm

I have applied my EOI on 17/09/2013 with 65 points. (489- family sponsored visa) but didn't get an invitation.

I remember someone else also mention this issue in a previous post
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=kkasunperera

This is very confusing What should I do may be talk to DIBP?

Last edited by kkasunperera; Oct 15th 2013 at 1:07 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not getting an invitation to apply what to do?

Originally Posted by kkasunperera
Hi all

This is the Oct-07 invitation round results http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...rt-2013-10-07/

According to this cut off for Software and Applications Programmers is this.
2613 Software and Applications Programmers 60 7/05/2013 1.18 pm

I have applied my EOI on 17/09/2013 with 65 points. (489- family sponsored visa) but didn't get an invitation.

I remember someone else also mention this issue in a previous post
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=kkasunperera

This is very confusing What should I do may be talk to DIBP?
You could try seeking advice from a MARA agent who may be able to look at your EOI with you and confirm if it is filled and filed correctly maybe. Not sure, but seems like a place to start.

Or retry IELTS to improve score for 189 application if you haven't maxed out the points there
Old Oct 16th 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You could try seeking advice from a MARA agent who may be able to look at your EOI with you and confirm if it is filled and filed correctly maybe. Not sure, but seems like a place to start.

Or retry IELTS to improve score for 189 application if you haven't maxed out the points there
I have made a call to DIBP client services and also send them a mail explaining my problem. They replied me saying that they will respond within 10 days.

However I noticed an interesting thing

Invitation report of 7 Oct. round http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...rt-2013-10-07/, for Occupation ID 2613, the visa date of effect cut-off was 7/05/2013 1.18 pm, while back in 5 Aug. round for Occupation 2613, it was 2013-05-28 00:00:49.197. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...port-2013-8-5/

As the point score cut-offs were both 60. How could this happen? How could the 28/05 candidate being invited ahead of the one of 7/05?

May be system is having bugs. Or they are producing reports wrongly
Old Oct 17th 2013, 2:42 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I have made a call to DIBP client services and also send them a mail explaining my problem. They replied me saying that they will respond within 10 days.

However I noticed an interesting thing

Invitation report of 7 Oct. round http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...rt-2013-10-07/, for Occupation ID 2613, the visa date of effect cut-off was 7/05/2013 1.18 pm, while back in 5 Aug. round for Occupation 2613, it was 2013-05-28 00:00:49.197. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...port-2013-8-5/

As the point score cut-offs were both 60. How could this happen? How could the 28/05 candidate being invited ahead of the one of 7/05?

May be system is having bugs. Or they are producing reports wrongly
You are not guaranteed an invitation to apply. DIBP have said that not everyone who submits an EoI will be invited, due to the limit on places. More people submit EoIs than there are places available.

Also, have you checked to see if your occupation has reached its ceiling? If it has, then no more EoIs can be issued until the next program year.
Attached Thumbnails Not getting an invitation to apply what to do?-screen-shot-2013-10-17-21.36.38.png  
Old Oct 17th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

Hi old.sparkles

This is the response I received from DIBP client service

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your enquiry through our Global Feedback Unit.

We are receiving a high number of Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the occupation group 2613 – Applications and Software Programmers. To ensure that invitations are available for this occupation group, alternative arrangements have been implemented. The invitations available for each invitation round are issued to subclass 189 – skilled independent first, then should any invitations remain they are issued to subclass 489 – skilled regional (provisional).

So that explains the problem why I didn't get an invitation. This is unannounced and unfair
Old Oct 17th 2013, 1:48 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

This is unannounced and unfair
No it isn't. Visa is a privilege not a right. Australia has a right to select those it wants first, ie skilled and permanent first to fulfill Australia's needs, not applicants needs. Just because 1000 people apply for same occupation code, it doesn't mean Australia needs 1000 people to fill those occupations. Harsh but true, I know that won't help you at the moment but just explaining how it works...
Old Oct 17th 2013, 4:45 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi old.sparkles

This is the response I received from DIBP client service

Thank you for your enquiry through our Global Feedback Unit.

We are receiving a high number of Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the occupation group 2613 – Applications and Software Programmers. To ensure that invitations are available for this occupation group, alternative arrangements have been implemented. The invitations available for each invitation round are issued to subclass 189 – skilled independent first, then should any invitations remain they are issued to subclass 489 – skilled regional (provisional).

So that explains the problem why I didn't get an invitation. This is unannounced and unfair
As I pointed out in my post above, DIBP have said since SkillSelect's inception that submitting an EoI does not guarantee an invitation. Have a look at the link & screenshot above.