British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Not enough evidence (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/not-enough-evidence-246201/)

Marie_m Aug 4th 2004 9:34 am

Not enough evidence

We've just been told that we don't have enough evidence for a de-facto visa by our agency. They have recommended that we wait for a further 6 months before applying even though we have been together fior 2 1/2 years!! Unfortunately we never had joint bank accounts or bills ect previous to Jan this year. Now I'm not so happy, although I suppose another 6 months isn't long to wait, it just depends on how long the application takes to go through after that!!

Marie

mlbonner Aug 4th 2004 10:02 am

Re: Not enough evidence

Originally posted by Marie_m
We've just been told that we don't have enough evidence for a de-facto visa by our agency. They have recommended that we wait for a further 6 months before applying even though we have been together fior 2 1/2 years!! Unfortunately we never had joint bank accounts or bills ect previous to Jan this year. Now I'm not so happy, although I suppose another 6 months isn't long to wait, it just depends on how long the application takes to go through after that!!

Marie

Hi

Its hard to say; but I was asked for extra info from the DIMIA in the first instance & was never at any point able to send in anything joint (as we didnt have it). If you trust your agency I'd go with them, otherwise if you feel they are wrong maybe get a second opinion??

Good luck

Marie_m Aug 4th 2004 12:48 pm

Originally posted by mlbonner
Hi

Its hard to say; but I was asked for extra info from the DIMIA in the first instance & was never at any point able to send in anything joint (as we didnt have it). If you trust your agency I'd go with them, otherwise if you feel they are wrong maybe get a second opinion??

Good luck
Thanks for that, the agency seems ok so I think I will go with there guidance, my other half wasn't looking to go until after Christmas anyway so it's not such a biggy. I was hoping to go earlier but I will just have to be patient!!

How are you finding life out there? I see you've not long made the leap!

mlbonner Aug 4th 2004 8:41 pm

Originally posted by Marie_m
Thanks for that, the agency seems ok so I think I will go with there guidance, my other half wasn't looking to go until after Christmas anyway so it's not such a biggy. I was hoping to go earlier but I will just have to be patient!!

How are you finding life out there? I see you've not long made the leap!

Ah well, just keep collecting the evidence and you'll get there :)

Yeah, am finding things here okay. Done the whole bank a/c, medicare, searching for a job thing. Getting to meet up with some friends friday night so that'll be good. Just going to give the rest some time to work itself out :)