Not enough Credit Limit in Card

Old May 9th 2014, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Default Not enough Credit Limit in Card

Hi - There was a friend of mine who actually wants to finish his online application, however he does not have enough credit limit in his credit card, there are two applicants in his application and he has enough credit for only one person.

can he add his spouse to non migrant applicant list and complete the application then in a later date pay the spouse applicant fee and add spouse to the application through change on circumstances form?

any help on this would be much appreciated.

cheers,
PB
Old May 10th 2014, 12:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not enough Credit Limit in Card

Originally Posted by peaceboy
Hi - There was a friend of mine who actually wants to finish his online application, however he does not have enough credit limit in his credit card, there are two applicants in his application and he has enough credit for only one person.

can he add his spouse to non migrant applicant list and complete the application then in a later date pay the spouse applicant fee and add spouse to the application through change on circumstances form?

any help on this would be much appreciated.

cheers,
PB
Some credit cards allow you to put the card to a positive balance for such a situation - if your friend speaks to the credit card company he may be able to do this, or increase the limit temporarily
Old May 10th 2014, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know you had to ask the cc company for permission to go positive but when I've needed to do this for something (airfares spring to mind) I just put enough on the card to cover what I will be spending on the fares so it never goes above the limit.
Old May 11th 2014, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Some cards don't like it.

Other option is to use a visa debit card. Best to check with bank though in case they block it.

Also you need to take into account fees for foreign currency transactions, these can be really high with some cards.
Old May 11th 2014, 12:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Some cards don't like it.

Really? I have never heard of a credit card account that would not accept a temporary overpayment. Although the possibility does exist.
Old May 11th 2014, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Temp overpayment by accident yes. But they want you to spend money you don't have really so they can make a profit.

Most are fine but some can be difficult.

A while back in the UK people who regularly paid off their cards were penalised by a cut in their limits, they want interest payers.
Old May 11th 2014, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. but what if in worse case scenario where any of these options are no workable?

can the applicant first apply and later add the spouse with change of circumstances? with this there wont be any credit issues.

would this be allowed and possible?

cheers,
PB
Old May 11th 2014, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

maulajatt is an unknown quantity at this point

I also faced same situation while sending my PR application. My card was just few hundred short from the payment amount. My bank refused to help me in any way. I asked one of my friend in Australia to pay for my application and I transferred money to my friend. If you know anyone there, you can ask them to pay at DIBP office and get receipt, you can include that receipt in the payment info section. Or you can also use someone's credit card to pay for fees. That person needs to sign the payment info page.
Old May 16th 2014, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

elementv is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked at prepaid credit cards? The name is self explanatory. You put the money on the card first and then use it.
Its a proper credit card. www..neteller.com is one of them. Good luck
Old May 17th 2014, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

My friend was unable to get a temporary increase in his credit limit and ran out of all options, so desperate to beat the dead line, he had submit the VISA application for only himself by adding his spouse under non migrating dependent. by next week he is planing to send a form 1022 and change his spouse status to migrating dependent.

Cheers,
PB