Wikiposts

Not elsewhere classified- HELP

Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Dann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really nice
Default Not elsewhere classified- HELP

Hi

Just wondered if any could give me some advice, I'm thinking about applying under one of the skill pathways using '4999-79 Tradesperson and related workers - nec' on the skills list but not sure how the NEC part works.
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics my occupation is 'UNIT GROUP 3999 OTHER MISCELLANEOUS TECHNICIANS AND TRADES WORKERS' so I'm classed as a trade worker.
My qualifications required 1520 hours of vocational training (http://www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk) The employment and formal training lasted over 4 years, completed on-the-job training under the direct supervision of a qualified tradesperson in the occupation, resulted in me being recognised by an acceptable employer as fully qualified, has been conducted in concurrence with employment, has been accredited by an authorised regulated governing body whose standards can be independently verified by TRA in the UK and Australia, resulted in the award of certification verifying completion of such training.
This, I hope, ticks all the TRA boxes but I'm really worried about the 'nec' part and what that means. Just wondered if anyone has any experience/advice or if anyone has successfully obtain a visa using nec?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Danny.