British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   not able to contact the department. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/not-able-contact-department-682109/)

stream Aug 21st 2010 6:19 am

not able to contact the department.

I am continuously trying to call the immigration department to talk about the non receipt of my emails to the case officer but it has been days that the call doesnot get through

The number being dialed by me is 61 1300 364 613. can any body guide me about the number is it correct or not.

Sherlock Holmes Aug 21st 2010 7:22 am

Re: not able to contact the department.

Is the number ringing and unanswered OR does the line not connect?

From where are you phoning?

stream Aug 21st 2010 7:40 am

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 8791970)
Is the number ringing and unanswered OR does the line not connect?

From where are you phoning?

thanks for your reply. some time it does not connect and some time it is busy.
i am calling from Pakistan.
is the number mentioned in my thread correct or is there any other number

Sherlock Holmes Aug 21st 2010 8:11 am

Looking at the "contact us" page at immi gov, the number you are calling seems to be correct. However, I'm not sure that you can use a 1300 number after the full code of 0061.

I tried this page http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...ng.html?p2=757

and it wouldn't accept the combination of numbers.

Sorry I can't help further. Hopefully someone else can help you.

tatoo Aug 21st 2010 8:38 am

I am facing the same problem since last 2 months. :confused:

milano Aug 21st 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 8792081)
I am facing the same problem since last 2 months. :confused:

Are you both using internet telephony??????????? If yes then you shud try using mobile or basic telephone connections. I also try to contact DIAC by using internet telephony but never reached them. I may be wrong but u shud try this.

Good Luck

stream Aug 21st 2010 9:11 am

Originally Posted by milano (Post 8792120)
Are you both using internet telephony??????????? If yes then you shud try using mobile or basic telephone connections. I also try to contact DIAC by using internet telephony but never reached them. I may be wrong but u shud try this.

Good Luck

no i am using basis phone and cell phone

tatoo Aug 21st 2010 10:00 am

me too using cell phone and landline phone :zzz:

Dorothy Aug 21st 2010 10:47 am

Originally Posted by stream (Post 8791875)
I am continuously trying to call the immigration department to talk about the non receipt of my emails to the case officer but it has been days that the call doesnot get through

The number being dialed by me is 61 1300 364 613. can any body guide me about the number is it correct or not.

Why would you expect a receipt from your case officer? Is it that they are being bounced back to you as undeliverable or is it that you are simply wanting your CO to say "thanks for the email"? 'cause if it's the latter, it's not gonna happen. And honestly, the call centre at DIAC isn't going to be able to do anything about it. The number you ring (the 1300 number) is a call centre. Not ASPC or any other processing office. A call centre.

stream Aug 23rd 2010 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8792219)
Why would you expect a receipt from your case officer? Is it that they are being bounced back to you as undeliverable or is it that you are simply wanting your CO to say "thanks for the email"? 'cause if it's the latter, it's not gonna happen. And honestly, the call centre at DIAC isn't going to be able to do anything about it. The number you ring (the 1300 number) is a call centre. Not ASPC or any other processing office. A call centre.

Dear Dorothy

I am not waiting for any response of the type that the case officer should say “ thanks and received the email’.
You see I received and email on 24th June asking for the my spouse current employer details and I responded on the same day and on the same email.
Then I again received and email on 7th July from my case officer asking for the same information and I replied immediately.

Later on 12th August I again received an email from my case officer asking for the same information. I again replied immediately on the same email and also mentioned that I have provided this information twice before.

So what do you thing about the same now.

stream Aug 23rd 2010 5:58 am

Originally Posted by stream (Post 8795762)
Dear Dorothy

I am not waiting for any response of the type that the case officer should say “ thanks and received the email’.
You see I received and email on 24th June asking for the my spouse current employer details and I responded on the same day and on the same email.
Then I again received and email on 7th July from my case officer asking for the same information and I replied immediately.

Later on 12th August I again received an email from my case officer asking for the same information. I again replied immediately on the same email and also mentioned that I have provided this information twice before.

So what do you thing about the same now.

and also would you be kind enough to provide me the correct telephone number.

Sherlock Holmes Aug 23rd 2010 6:08 am

I may be wrong but I don't think you can connect to a 1300 prefix number from overseas. 1300 denotes that within Australia, it is charged only at local call rate.

But, the 1300 number on the immigration web site is the only number provided. Further up the page, the advice given is to contact your local HC but that the prefered contact is by email. Have you checked your spam box in your email account? I have had two messages (in the past) from the same sender at DIAC, one came to my inbox, the other went to spam.

I think people are trying to help you. I will check with a colleague and get back to you.

Alistair.

stream Aug 23rd 2010 6:14 am

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 8795775)
I may be wrong but I don't think you can connect to a 1300 prefix number from overseas. 1300 denotes that within Australia, it is charged only at local call rate.

But, the 1300 number on the immigration web site is the only number provided. Further up the page, the advice given is to contact your local HC but that the prefered contact is by email. Have you checked your spam box in your email account? I have had two messages (in the past) from the same sender at DIAC, one came to my inbox, the other went to spam.

I think people are trying to help you. I will check with a colleague and get back to you.

Alistair.

thanks alot for your email and concern.I am regularly checking my email and spam box also but there is no email from the department.
Thanks for your concern and support. Can you just help me in getting the number that can be connected from abroad.

vv_rgr_vv Aug 23rd 2010 6:21 am

Originally Posted by stream (Post 8795765)

Based on the IMMI website, the number that you're using is correct.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...de-skilled.htm

shafaqat309 Aug 23rd 2010 6:26 am

Originally Posted by stream (Post 8795765)

I tried to send information of my new job to my case officer team id but did not get any auto reply email nor any confirmation from my case officer then i tried "[email protected]" and got auto reply email and confirmation after 10 days. you can try this.