Nominated for 856 - issue now its 186?

Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:57 am
Just Joined

jakc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nominated for 856 - issue now its 186?

Been here on 457 for 3yrs.
My employer nominated a position for an 856 application about 3 months back. (I paid fees).
Got the approval nomination letter through on the 16th May.
Been waiting for Police checks to come through.
Since weekend, 856 no longer can be lodged, and 186 is the right path.

So I am applying for a 186 under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

My question is - I noticed there was some slight changes for Employers between a 856 and the new 186.

Therefore, is my prior nomination letter still valid for lodging a 186 application?

(I really hope so)
Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nominated for 856 - issue now its 186?

Originally Posted by jakc
Been here on 457 for 3yrs.
My employer nominated a position for an 856 application about 3 months back. (I paid fees).
Got the approval nomination letter through on the 16th May.
Been waiting for Police checks to come through.
Since weekend, 856 no longer can be lodged, and 186 is the right path.

So I am applying for a 186 under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

My question is - I noticed there was some slight changes for Employers between a 856 and the new 186.

Therefore, is my prior nomination letter still valid for lodging a 186 application?

(I really hope so)
Have you already lodged the 856 or were you waiting on documentation before doing so? If you've already lodged then that application will continue as is. It won't be cancelled just because they've changed the rules since.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

jakc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Have you already lodged the 856 or were you waiting on documentation before doing so? If you've already lodged then that application will continue as is. It won't be cancelled just because they've changed the rules since.
Ive not lodged my part. Employer nominating me and getting approval I dont think counts as lodging.

So ive got nomination when 856 was in affect, but now want to know if that nomination stands for a 186
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jakc
Ive not lodged my part. Employer nominating me and getting approval I dont think counts as lodging.

So ive got nomination when 856 was in affect, but now want to know if that nomination stands for a 186
The nomination is still valid for 6 months, however your application will be considered against the direct entry stream not transitional. Have a look at this document

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...df/pes-faq.pdf

Page 14.