Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

No Surname in Wife's name/passport..need advice

No Surname in Wife's name/passport..need advice

Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Surname in Wife's name/passport..need advice

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I do understand....but u can see one reply in this thread..same is the case with that poster..So it happens in Indian passports...

Anyways..I am in touch with my Mara agent..I hope to listen from him soon..
Aman,
here is an easy way to do it. Now that she is married, you have very good reason to get her surname changed to reflect your surname and get a new passport. and i know it'd mean a few more weeks(months??) of wait involved; but worth getting it done to cut down on future hassles.

i believe, GOi now have stopped issuing passports without last name.

Good luck!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:29 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Surname in Wife's name/passport..need advice

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
Aman,
here is an easy way to do it. Now that she is married, you have very good reason to get her surname changed to reflect your surname and get a new passport. and i know it'd mean a few more weeks(months??) of wait involved; but worth getting it done to cut down on future hassles.

i believe, GOi now have stopped issuing passports without last name.

Good luck!
Hey Rodger,

Nice to see your post. What's up?

I contacted my agent. He is Mara agent. He said no need of Surname in Passport. He said once she gets her visa, she can get the passport changed in AUS it self.

So we are going ahead without surname. Once she gets her visa and comes to AUS, we will get her name changed in passport.

Thanks

A-man