Wikiposts

No Response regarding Deadline Extension

Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

sandydubes is on a distinguished road
Default No Response regarding Deadline Extension

I had applied for Skilled Designated Area sponsored BQ-139 - See time scale below. DIMIA asked me to submit Singapore PCC and sent me the request letter for that. This request letter had incorrect details (name mis-spelt)which DIMIA agreed and sent me the fresh letter. This consumed 30 days.

I requested DIMIA to extend the deadline explaining that the incorrect letter from DIMIA and later the issue of fresh letter has prevented me from applying to Singapore PCC well in time to keep the deadline.

I have not received any response from DIMIA confirming th eextension.

QUESTION:
What should I be doing?
Should I assume that DIMIA might have acually agreed to my point but just forgot to return my mail?

Aug04 - Application submitted. BQ-139.
Sep04 - DIMIA requested Medical and PCC
Sep04 - Submitted Med & India PCC to DIMIA
Sep04 - Notified DIMIA of incorrect details for PCC from SIngapore.
Oct04 - DIMIA acknowldged and issues fresh request letter for Singapore PCC
Oct04 - Singapore PCC applied and requested DIMIA for extension of deadline.
Oct04 - Waiting to hear from DIMIA on extension.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Response regarding Deadline Extension

Originally Posted by sandydubes

I have not received any response from DIMIA confirming th eextension.

QUESTION:
What should I be doing?
Should I assume that DIMIA might have acually agreed to my point but just forgot to return my mail?
Never assume things. You need to continue to follow up until you get a response that extension has been granted.

Jeremy