Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

no one is ready to countersign my PCC form......

Wikiposts

no one is ready to countersign my PCC form......

Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

garcha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no one is ready to countersign my PCC form......

hello to everyone,
i am in trouble mates.The problem is that i want send out my PCC form to Thames Valley Police but the problem is that there is no one who is ready to counter sign it. I just moved to new address, so my old doctor is not ready to do it and new doctor says he don't know me long enough. The solicitor is also don't want sign it( even with money) because they say they don't know me.... so can someone please guide me that what i can do ? thanks for your replies..
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:47 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: no one is ready to countersign my PCC form......

Originally Posted by garcha
hello to everyone,
i am in trouble mates.The problem is that i want send out my PCC form to Thames Valley Police but the problem is that there is no one who is ready to counter sign it. I just moved to new address, so my old doctor is not ready to do it and new doctor says he don't know me long enough. The solicitor is also don't want sign it( even with money) because they say they don't know me.... so can someone please guide me that what i can do ? thanks for your replies..
A magistrate can sign it
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:08 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

I think people have a misconception of who can sign the pcc's as it is not like a passport and they are not clarifying who you areand that they know you but that the copy of your documents is true and accurate, we had this argument with a duty officer that didn't know and had to go to a different station lucky for us the duty officer knew what we were talking about. Go to a few different police stations you may come accross one that knows the correct proceedure.
I hope I have made sense.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:41 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at the Thames Valley form, it says 'a professional'.

These are just the examples they give you:
Medical Doctor, Nurse, Midwife, Local Councillor, Justice Of The Peace, Minister of Religion, Police officer or Police Staff, School Teacher, Social Worker, Solicitor, Accountant or other person of similar standing,
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I never got anyone to sign mine - the one I did last year and the one I have just reapplied for.

We just took our passports and some utility bills for ID, the policeman checked and verified it and that was that.

Hope I havent cocked up on this one.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:03 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

We were exactly the same Professional Princess - on our PCC forms there was no countersignature needed
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ws99
We were exactly the same Professional Princess - on our PCC forms there was no countersignature needed
I know they were hot on producing ID and we took no chances and brought our passports.

The policeman just checked, wrote something down and that was that but we defo did not need a counter sig.

We hope to get them back this week.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

I also had to have my PCC form countersigned - I believe Thames Valley are the only police force you have to do this. The form has to be sent through the post, you can't just turn up at the local cop shop.

I was lucky, my doctor agreed to do it. Do you know any school teachers or nurses as I believe they can sign the form.

Amanda
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
I also had to have my PCC form countersigned - I believe Thames Valley are the only police force you have to do this. The form has to be sent through the post, you can't just turn up at the local cop shop.

I was lucky, my doctor agreed to do it. Do you know any school teachers or nurses as I believe they can sign the form.

Amanda
Greater Manchester Police also require the form to be countersigned, but I think you can turn up at the local station instead of sending them off.

http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/0/...jectAccess.pdf
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:21 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ws99
Just had a look at the Thames Valley form, it says 'a professional'.

These are just the examples they give you:
Medical Doctor, Nurse, Midwife, Local Councillor, Justice Of The Peace, Minister of Religion, Police officer or Police Staff, School Teacher, Social Worker, Solicitor, Accountant or other person of similar standing,
I got accountant at work or even the company solicitor would have done it. Ask around your friends or collegues.