Wikiposts

No diploma's, no degrees!

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 2:01 pm
Cat

Default No diploma's, no degrees!

Hi there,

Here I am again. I have a big concern, and that is that I have absolutely no
diploma's (except for my higher general education and some courses in hospitality)
nor a degree. I have always worked in tourism/hospitality. Reception, secretary
positions. Two years ago I did a refreshing course for administration
assistant/secretary, and now I am doing a school for translator (which will finally
give me an BA, but this is only in two years). How will I stand a chance at the skill
assessment if I apply under skilled- designated area sponsored? I am trying to pass
the naati test (as I already wrote before) but I don't think I will be good enough.
Can anybody provide me with options???? I was thinking of the skill Cook, since I
have worked in restaurants for many years, although again I have no papers. And I
currently don't work in this profession. I have during the last 2 years worked as
administration assistant/secretary. and translator > PLEASE HELP. This sounds very
hopeless to me!

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 7:36 pm
Jack

Default Re: No diploma's, no degrees!

I hate to say it ... but you do not stand a chance! VetAssess e.g. solely
assesses educational qualifications, not work experience - and too be honest,
there are way more applicants for normal office duties jobs and kitchenhand,
waitstaff etc. jobs than vacancies ... but you may want to come as a tourist, or
even better, an international student - they will welcome you - but don't forget
to bring the big bucks ...

sorry, i am currently in this kind of mood .... Good Luck.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:15 pm
Cat

Default Re: No diploma's, no degrees!

Okay! That was what I was thinking anyway! Probably do some scholing over here than.
Thanks anyway. Hope it will all work out.

Claudia

Jack <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...
    > I hate to say it ... but you do not stand a chance! VetAssess e.g. solely assesses
    > educational qualifications, not work experience - and too be honest, there are way
    > more applicants for normal office duties jobs and kitchenhand, waitstaff etc. jobs
    > than vacancies ... but you may want to come as a tourist, or even better, an
    > international student - they will welcome you - but don't forget to bring the big
    > bucks ...
    > sorry, i am currently in this kind of mood .... Good Luck.