Wikiposts

No current visa

Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Question No current visa

We were previously on a student visa and applied for an 886 family sponsored visa in Jan 09. We were given a bridging visa A to come into effect when the student one expired in March 09. I have now gone onto the online checking system and where it had all my entitlements for my student visa it now has nothing but '' No current visa'' Is this normal? Shouldn't it have our bridging visa information on there? Has anyone had the same happen to them. We will pop into immigration tomorrow I think to make sure all is ok.......
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No current visa

Hi hun

I' applied for same visa as you on 15/12/08, I just went and checked for you as my student visa expired on 16/3/09 and it says bridging visa A against all applicants. So, I would definately check it out.

Hope this helps

Good luck with the long wait .....I'm behind you in the priority list!

x
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we received confirmation that bridging visa A was in place, after lodging it just before the student visa finished 15th March. Hope it's all ok for you.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, have just gone through the application timescale for you.
885 application lodged 10th March.
Automatic notification of application on the 11th, followed shortly also on the 11th, that the bridging visa had been granted.
Not sure if this helps you at all, but really hope that everything is in order for you. Good luck to everyone else on the student to PR route.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Hi Tomar

Glad to see you have got the application in now, what a rollercoaster it is eh this student visa lark!! Did you get clarification on the 2 year study rule in the end?

I hope you have an occupation on CSL list, otherwise you will have to join me with a long, long, wait!!

Good luck xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mango4
Hi Tomar

Glad to see you have got the application in now, what a rollercoaster it is eh this student visa lark!! Did you get clarification on the 2 year study rule in the end?

I hope you have an occupation on CSL list, otherwise you will have to join me with a long, long, wait!!

Good luck xx
Cheers guys!

It says on the main page that bridging visa A has been granted it's just when I go into visa entitlements it now says no current visa?? Should be fine I hope! We are on the Modl on a family sponsored visa, but if hairdresing comes off the Modl then who knows eh? Just a bit worried as we had to front load all ou meds and police checks as we are onshore and hope it will be sorted before they expire!! Good luck to you all as well x