NO communication in a year

Old May 21st 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

sandhu1857 will become famous soon enoughsandhu1857 will become famous soon enough
Default NO communication in a year

I send a completed application form along with all the documents and TRA assesment in Feb 2008 to DIAC . Its more than a year , but i have not recieved even an acknowledgement letter . I am motor mechanic and my category lies under MODL . Can any one help . My country is India .
Old May 26th 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

sandhu1857 will become famous soon enoughsandhu1857 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NO communication in a year

No reply . please help some one .
Old May 26th 2009, 4:26 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandhu1857
No reply . please help some one .
Call DIAC and ask them where your application is? You should have called them much earlier maybe months earlier but its never too late. Just Call them.

Regards,
Old May 26th 2009, 6:37 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

I send a completed application form along with all the documents and TRA assesment in Feb 2008 to DIAC . Its more than a year , but i have not recieved even an acknowledgement letter . I am motor mechanic and my category lies under MODL . Can any one help . My country is India .
So why did you leave it a year? Make contact with them asap and get the copies ready of the documents previously sent in as your originals may well be lost.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:52 am
Just Joined

roky is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandhu,

If you applied for 175, so this sounds logical ...
Theyare holding 175 (non CSL )

But give them a call anyway
Old May 26th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

are u applied thru agent? or your own.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roky
Sandhu,

If you applied for 175, so this sounds logical ...
Theyare holding 175 (non CSL )

But give them a call anyway
Why its logical for 175 . There can be delay in assigning a CO , but acknowledgement should be issued . Oh yes as you guys said , its never late . I tried their number today , but it was not getting through . I tried on +611300364613 and after that i send an email regarding my case to DIAC . Lets see whats their reply . I have applied by myself .
Old May 26th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

It's logical for a 175 MODL non-CSL as they are not processing any applications other than State Sponsored or CSL just now.

That said, if you haven't even received an acknowledgement, I'd be worried that it had been lost. Were you a paper applicant? If so, are you certain it actually reached them?
Old May 27th 2009, 6:08 am
Just Joined

roky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it depends upon how sandhu1857 thinks what an acknowldgment is.

for me, acknowldgement means just a notification of TRN or file number. You should receive this no later than two weeks after sending the application. If you received this, then you are just fine.

If you don't, then firstly you should contact the courier you used (Fedex, DHL, or whatever). If they confirms it was delivered, then you get the shippment number, date, and time it was delivered and tell DIAC that I had sent you an application, and you never confirmed receiving it.

I regret to say that if you can't confirm whether the courier was able to deliverd your application or not(I hope you didn't use ordinary post) , you will have to send a new one, and unfortunately, you will be subject to the terms and requirments of 2009 (not the date you firstly sent the application).

Please let's know what's up.

Roky

Last edited by roky; May 27th 2009 at 6:16 am.
Old May 31st 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Well thanks for the guidance friends . I used post lodgement enquiry form and they regretted for their mistake and sent me the acknowledgement dated 28 march 2008 . I think , i will get the case officer in next few months . Till then just wait and wait .
Old May 31st 2009, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

mra_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a good news for you. sandhu1857,how you know that you will get CO in next few months?.I am also feb 2008 non csl applicant with No CO.
Old May 31st 2009, 6:49 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mra_32
thats a good news for you. sandhu1857,how you know that you will get CO in next few months?.I am also feb 2008 non csl applicant with No CO.
I remember, DIAC missed my app as well and when I called them, they accepted that they have missed my app and will add it to batch of apps which are missed and they will process them. They also told me that I willl have a CO in next 3,4 weeks and I had my CO in given time. So, I think same is the case with Sandhu.

Regards,
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mra_32
i am just guessing . otherwise no one knows what DIAC is upto !