No chance at45?

Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Joskin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No chance at45?

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago but my PC decided that it would be a good time to implode before I could get any feedback. Now I'm back on line and I'd be really grateful for advice. I'm just over the 45 mark, have a wife who's five years younger and two small 'rugrats' - 9 & 5. Ever since I left school I have been self employed - selling HGV truck spares. The business has done alright over the years, I own my own house plus a couple of other properties - I am solvent and have never been made bankrupt nor have I ever been forced to go on the dole. I have never been in trouble with the law - apart from one speeding ticket 15 years ago! Now, my wife and I have deliberated over the possibility of emigrating for a few years now - we have been to Australia and we loved it - but we never followed through with the idea of trying to emigrate down under. Now I fear - because of my age and lack of any required trade or skills - that it is too late. I see that there is a business visa available but I don't think my business turnover will be enough for me to obtain one. To be honest, though, my main concern is my age. Is it really impossible for us to have a chance at my age?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: No chance at45?

Hi there,
get yourself a migration agent and let them know your situation, we did and we are just finalising the paperwork,My hubby being sponsored,he is 50 and I am 46.
You got nothing to loose,go for it.
Good luck
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

helenwilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Joskin
I posted a similar question a few weeks ago but my PC decided that it would be a good time to implode before I could get any feedback. Now I'm back on line and I'd be really grateful for advice. I'm just over the 45 mark, have a wife who's five years younger and two small 'rugrats' - 9 & 5. Ever since I left school I have been self employed - selling HGV truck spares. The business has done alright over the years, I own my own house plus a couple of other properties - I am solvent and have never been made bankrupt nor have I ever been forced to go on the dole. I have never been in trouble with the law - apart from one speeding ticket 15 years ago! Now, my wife and I have deliberated over the possibility of emigrating for a few years now - we have been to Australia and we loved it - but we never followed through with the idea of trying to emigrate down under. Now I fear - because of my age and lack of any required trade or skills - that it is too late. I see that there is a business visa available but I don't think my business turnover will be enough for me to obtain one. To be honest, though, my main concern is my age. Is it really impossible for us to have a chance at my age?
Hi, there my husband is 46 and is being sponsored via the ens scheme. Get yourself an agent for some advice. It is not impossible to migrate at over 45 but some avenues are closed for us oldies.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Joskin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, guys, advice is much appreciated
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I am pleased we are not the only oldies migrating
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough

Fed up with cold weather here,
gonna join my sister,
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:35 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Does your wife have a trade/proffession that is in demand if so you could apply with her as the primary applicant.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:47 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joskin,

It's quite conceivable that you'll qualify under business migration - provided you can get a state government to sponsor you - but I'd imagine it's impossible to get an employer nomination PR visa using the skillset used in your business. And of course your wife might also qualify.

Cheers,

George Lombard