News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Originally Posted by orange&
Dear All,

Just wondering whether there are any 139 applicants (actual or intended) out there who would like to share their experiences over the coming months. As the last batch of 139 applicants - assuming that the anticipated July 2006 changes go ahead - there could be an extra layer of issues/concerns that we'll need to deal with, such as getting applications in before the deadline, in addition to the usual stuff around long waits etc. It would be good to have a thread of our own. Anyone interested? Are there enough of us?!

Hi guys

Thought I'd post so you could see our timeline just to give you all an idea. As you can see we got our visas in June after a 7 month wait. There were a few issues along the way such as evidence of self-employment, overseas police checks etc. Be glad to offer advice where needed.

BTW the validation was brill - what a feeling knowing ''this is for real!!''
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Could I ask what sort of documentation did you have to supply because you are self employed? Also did you use an agent?

I am self employed so a bit concerned about this but the agets I have spoken to don't seem to see it as a problem.

Debs
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Great, thanks Craig for offering advice. I'm sure some of us will take you up on the offer. Celine or anyone else in the process of putting together an application, don't hesitate to ask questions - I'm sure there will be someone here with relevant experience.

Here's the first question Craig.... for me the billion dollar one. Do you feel that a 7 month timeline is the norm, or were there special circumstances that slowed your application slightly? Not that I'm completely desperate to get a visa as soon as possible or anything.....
Old Oct 29th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Only 2 months to go until we get asked for meds (if we're lucky), only 4 months until we hear whether we've got a visa (if we're really lucky), only 2 months after that that we'll be in a position to leave work..... how to make the time go quicker?? Have already waited 12 months to notch up requisite work experience......
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by orange&
Great, thanks Craig for offering advice. I'm sure some of us will take you up on the offer. Celine or anyone else in the process of putting together an application, don't hesitate to ask questions - I'm sure there will be someone here with relevant experience.

Here's the first question Craig.... for me the billion dollar one. Do you feel that a 7 month timeline is the norm, or were there special circumstances that slowed your application slightly? Not that I'm completely desperate to get a visa as soon as possible or anything.....
Orange

Have a look on austimeline.com for the current times. I know when we were going through the process the norm seemed to be around 5 months or so. We had to supply extra taxation documentation to prove my wifes self-employment; the paperwork we supplied was our copy of having submitted our tax returns when they in fact needed evidence from the Inland revenue that they had received our submission.

The other thing with ours was that our assurers took a little time to get an appointment booked at Centrelink. Its difficult to hurry them along when they are doing you a huge favour in the first place, I could be really harsh and say that they could have got the appointment 3 or 4 weeks sooner but they have lives to lead as well. We're just extremely grateful that they were prepared to do it for us - a few expensive bottles of champagne and a Man Utd top later.....!

When are you hoping to move?
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Could I ask what sort of documentation did you have to supply because you are self employed? Also did you use an agent?

I am self employed so a bit concerned about this but the agets I have spoken to don't seem to see it as a problem.

Debs
Debs

We had to supply all sorts - including full accounts for the past 3 years including Profit and Loss, all to have been audited by an approved auditor. The hardest thing to get together was a sworn affadivit detailing what my wife does - even down to how long she spends on the phone per day (easy that one - every waking hour!!!)

It really was a bit of a challenge getting it all together - the affadavit took us 3 x 8 hour days working on nothing else to get right. What line of business are you in?

Send me a p.m and I'll be happy to send you a copy if you like

Regards
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Craig. I haven't done a thorough analysis of austimeline info, but from a quick look it looks as though the norm is slipping to 7 months, unless my maths are out! If all goes to plan I guess we're looking at getting a response from DIMIA in March next year. We'd move as soon as we can after this.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Thanks, I have contacted you on your pm.

Debs
Old Oct 30th 2005, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

139 here,
going to either Perth or Brisbane,
already sent application
meds are booked for Nov 24th

then just a (hopefully) 4 month wait.

it seems to be around that area now, however anything can happen

good luck all of you Lace x
Old Oct 30th 2005, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cor, how do you get to choose between Perth and Brisbane? Will the choice be based on what you find during a validation visit, or will you toss a coin, or will family members help you choose? Exciting eh?
Old Oct 30th 2005, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I have family in both areas so I am going to look at both of these and make a judgement call, she says lol.

lace xxx
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

I've just sent off my skills assessment application to Vetassess this month. Do you think it's better to go via an agent for the visa application or not? I was thinking it should be straight forward, however, with the changes coming I don't want any hold ups!! I'm a 139 applicant going to Melbourne.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Difficult to say.... if 139 is your only option and you can afford to pay an agent, it might make sense to go that route in view of the tight timeframe. We found an agent invaluable, particularly in the early days when we needed to select a viable visa type. On the other hand, if you're sure that 139 is for you and that you have a watertight fit with requirements, an agent may be less of an issue.....
Old Oct 31st 2005, 3:02 am
Celine Daniel

Hi, I have a question...
The application form asks for details of all previous visits to OZ. How far
back to we have to go? And do we have to give details of previous visits of
everyone in the application, including my children?
Thanks
Celine

"orange&" <member43230@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > Great, thanks Craig for offering advice. I'm sure some of us will take
    > > you up on the offer. Celine or anyone else in the process of putting
    > > together an application, don't hesitate to ask questions - I'm sure
    > > there will be someone here with relevant experience.
    > >
    > > Here's the first question Craig.... for me the billion dollar one. Do
    > > you feel that a 7 month timeline is the norm, or were there special
    > > circumstances that slowed your application slightly? Not that I'm
    > > completely desperate to get a visa as soon as possible or
    > > anything.....
    > Only 2 months to go until we get asked for meds (if we're lucky), only 4
    > months until we hear whether we've got a visa (if we're really lucky),
    > only 2 months after that that we'll be in a position to leave work.....
    > how to make the time go quicker?? Have already waited 12 months to notch
    > up requisite work experience......
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 31st 2005, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Celine, we gave details of everyone in the application (I think we ran out of space on the form and had to write below the formal boxes) and included every trip. You could include a continuation sheet I guess if you have heaps of information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.