News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

racketman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Originally Posted by jimarg
Hi

We are from Houston where you from.

It took nearly 5 months from when they received the app on the 30th May until a case officer was allocated now they want additional info. My sister can't get an appointment until the 16th Nov for the Assurance of Support interview.
Motherwell, also hoping for Melbourne. We got acknowledgement on 25th July, so we are probably looking at mid to end of November before we get any word
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:49 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Another Scot here, but one who has lived in England for too long!! My cousin managed to pay the bond today so its just a long wait from here on in. It took us just over four months from lodging the application to getting a case officer and med requests.

Scotty
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Looks like you're in the lead Scotty.... not long now until you beam up. Kerrygold, Vetassess shouldn't take long. They seem to average out at 6 weeks or so (faster for applications from Essex.... honest!).
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all
Smile Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Originally Posted by orange&
Looks like you're in the lead Scotty.... not long now until you beam up. Kerrygold, Vetassess shouldn't take long. They seem to average out at 6 weeks or so (faster for applications from Essex.... honest!).
Six weeks - not bad. Should hear around Christmas then. A positive assessment would be the greatest pressie. We believe this will be our biggest hurdle as there is no direct Australian equivalent to my qualification, although it is examined at degree level. Hopefully the rest should be a breeze!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

An undergraduate degree seems to be enough to give you a positive assessment for many of the professional jobs on the skilled occupation list, whether or not there's a link between what you studied and your nominated occupation. Bit of a strange system really....sure you'll be fine.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all
Wink Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

An undergraduate degree seems to be enough to give you a positive assessment for many of the professional jobs on the skilled occupation list, whether or not there's a link between what you studied and your nominated occupation. Bit of a strange system really....sure you'll be fine.
Hoorah! Didn't want to build my hopes up. I've had to nominate an occupation which is closely related to what I actually do, although not the profession I'm qualified for. As you say - strange system but who cares if I get the end result.

Can't make up my mind whether to re-train when I'm there to work in the equivalent Australian field but can't really face another four years at college - I'm "of an age" anyway. Might just apply for jobs in the occupation I've nominated anyway. Or maybe I'll just be a housewife and mother until the children have settled in school - let my Husband take some of the strain
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

Just wondering whether there are any 139 applicants (actual or intended) out there who would like to share their experiences over the coming months. As the last batch of 139 applicants - assuming that the anticipated July 2006 changes go ahead - there could be an extra layer of issues/concerns that we'll need to deal with, such as getting applications in before the deadline, in addition to the usual stuff around long waits etc. It would be good to have a thread of our own. Anyone interested? Are there enough of us?!
We will probably be one of the last 139ers.. my work experience is up 060606 and then we have a 3 week window to get the app posted over. On that date I will be in work like a shot getting my reference to say i have been in the role for 12 months and it will be sent off the very next day.

Already had positive vetassess for a business professional nec, which would qualify us for a 138 at the very worse. But the app will be there before the closing date, even if i have to fly the thing over myself (well with the help of a pilot and a very big plane ), will follow how you all go. Goo Luck everyone. x
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, letting the husband take the strain for a while seems like a very good idea right now. Mine owes me a year off since I worked while he took it easy doing a masters in Sydney last year.... better call in the IOU.

CathnPaul, I read on another thread about your tight timeline. Rules is rules, and so as long as the application arrives in June, you should be fine. Are you tracking the DIMIA website to look for any new announcements about the 139?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, letting the husband take the strain for a while seems like a very good idea right now. Mine owes me a year off since I worked while he took it easy doing a masters in Sydney last year.... better call in the IOU.

CathnPaul, I read on another thread about your tight timeline. Rules is rules, and so as long as the application arrives in June, you should be fine. Are you tracking the DIMIA website to look for any new announcements about the 139?
Daily.. we are all clear for the Nov 1st ones though... they are already on there. It was a massive relief as Nov is when they make their biggest changes apparently.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great.... that's a relief. It's interesting that in the last few months of the 139 the legislation has been changed to broaden the categories of relatives who can be sponsored.. why make this visa sub-class easier to apply for when it's supposed to have a short shelf-life? I wonder what the logic is... although I welcome any positive changes....
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great.... that's a relief. It's interesting that in the last few months of the 139 the legislation has been changed to broaden the categories of relatives who can be sponsored.. why make this visa sub-class easier to apply for when it's supposed to have a short shelf-life? I wonder what the logic is... although I welcome any positive changes....
I agree... and I thought the same thing. You never know they may extend the date from July... unlikely but you never know.x
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

qrepVoyce is an unknown quantity at this point

I was axpecting a longer timeline also given that my country is in their grey list.... I think the trick is in the documentation... I included all the required documents that even the CO could ask nothing more...

Qrepvoyce, that's not a bad timeline.... a bit quicker than the 4 month wait I'd been expecting... Maybe some of the DIMIA regions are faster than others?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ecellent planning Qrepvoyce. I read somewhere that UK applications are being divided amongst the regions. Hope mine goes to your CO - they seem to be efficient!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Ecellent planning Qrepvoyce. I read somewhere that UK applications are being divided amongst the regions. Hope mine goes to your CO - they seem to be efficient!
Orange& if you find out where you read about the apps being split can you send me the link please. It wasnt something I was aware of. Cheers
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

We are going to be applying on the 139 visa but I haven't finished my degree as yet. I have 2 results due at Christmas and the other is due in March. We are just hoping that the OU can get the certificate through to me in time to get the paperwork lodged before the deadline.

At the end of the day, this is the only way we will get there so if it has to be a temporary visa, then we are going to go for it.

the area my brother lives in is lovely anyway and I don't think that we would want to move around as my kids are of school age and I want to get them settled with their education and friends to make it easier for us.

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.