British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   News on Pathway D (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/news-pathway-d-545487/)

clusterofgeals Aug 3rd 2008 11:49 pm

Re: News on Pathway D

wife is a florist wth 12 years previous experience,left floristry 4 years ago but returning next month to it so she can do her nvq2 in it.
can anyone tell us whether she can apply under ensol to gain entry to oz .#
thanks

lee28 Aug 4th 2008 10:20 am

I thought you had to be working in your area for at least 12 months before you apply.

Veronika Aug 4th 2008 10:43 am

Florists are listed on the ENSOL, which means that she can apply for the ENS visa.

But an ENS visa also requires that she has an assessment as well as 3 years post qualification experience. So she may not meet that requirement and should consider the 457 option. After 2 years of work on a 457 she will be able to apply for an ENS.

Another (easier) option is the RSMS employer sponsored visa. Again this is reliant on an employer BUT since the employer has to be based in a regional area there are quite a few concessions. And it is an easier and faster visa to obtain than the ENS.

Don't forget the regional areas include the whole of South Australia, and most of the main areas of QLD, WA and VIC - although not the main city areas.

Cheers :)

Dave - Jo Aug 11th 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6510454)
Thanks again George,
We have been looking at a few avenues while waiting for news, my OH was trained by British Telecom, there is no qualification for this, but he has a license to work on the BT network, would this be good enough? If not, if he has his skills assessed by an NVQ assessor in the UK via RPL and gains a NVQ3 would this be good enough? He is also currently doing online training with a RTO to gain a certII in telecommunications which wil lead to an open cablers license, will that help at all?
Sorry for all the questions, i'm sure you will be unindated, but I would appreciate any comments you may have.
Regards
Flix

Hi Flixy
I also work for British Telecom or Openreach as we are now!!!.Me and OH are looking to move to Oz but i am not sure what certs from work we need or are valid over in Oz if you know anymore could you please let us know many thanks.

Flixy Aug 11th 2008 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dave - Jo (Post 6668707)
Hi Flixy
I also work for British Telecom or Openreach as we are now!!!.Me and OH are looking to move to Oz but i am not sure what certs from work we need or are valid over in Oz if you know anymore could you please let us know many thanks.

Have you done the tra yet? I don't want to drone on if you have already passed that:lol:

Dave - Jo Aug 11th 2008 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6669357)
Have you done the tra yet? I don't want to drone on if you have already passed that:lol:

Our migration agent has said to wait untill the powers that be decide on what the new pathways are before we start to fill in any forms!!.But we just want to get things moving and get as much info together so we will be ready!!!

Alan Collett Aug 11th 2008 11:53 pm

TRA's new pathways (or Skills Streams as they are now known) are as good as finalised now ...

Best regards.

Flixy Aug 12th 2008 7:40 am

We are working on the TRA skills transition at the moment as directed by our agent, we chose them because most of the others (with the exception of Alan) wanted to wait till September to start. In the meantime my OH has been studying online for his Australian open cable registration so that he does not have to do it when (if!) we ever get there. We are hoping this will add some weight to the TRA application.

Dave - Jo Aug 12th 2008 3:26 pm

Hi Flixy

Where would I find the Australian open cable registration site so I can have a look at that and maybe get a head start like your OH

Thanks

Flixy Aug 12th 2008 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dave - Jo (Post 6672359)
Hi Flixy

Where would I find the Australian open cable registration site so I can have a look at that and maybe get a head start like your OH

Thanks

http://www.howtodoit.org/
If you decide to go ahead, feel free to pm me and my oh can talk you through it, it is very different to the work over here!

Dave - Jo Aug 12th 2008 3:45 pm

Thanks for that Flixy will be in touch if I get stuck !!:thumbsup:

Flixy Aug 12th 2008 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dave - Jo (Post 6672414)
Thanks for that Flixy will be in touch if I get stuck !!:thumbsup:

If you email Trevor Conquest and ask to be assessed for RPL. We already had all the stuff from our TRA that my oh failed last year, so sent this when he requested information. He always gets back to you the next day, and when we had trouble with the site he was emailing us at the weekend, sometimes even in the middle of the night Oz time, I don't think he sleeps!

Dave - Jo Aug 12th 2008 5:14 pm

Have you got Trevor's e=mail address please then i can get in touch with him and see if all the certs from work are any use. Thanks again for the info:thumbsup: