British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   News on Pathway D (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/news-pathway-d-545487/)

George Lombard Jun 27th 2008 7:14 am

News on Pathway D

Finally some news about the shape of the new pathway D, thanks to the migration agents' professional body, the MIA, which has made the following preliminary comments on an exposure draft from TRA :

•1. Replacement for Pathway D.

The old Pathway D allowed for a consideration of workplace experience alone. This will not be a feature of the new system. Under the new system, skills assessment will rely on qualifications, which can include licensing, industry certificates, recognition of prior learning (RPL) and gap training, with independent verification. All of this will, of course, depend on comparability with Australian equivalents.

Training and workplace assessment can be conducted by an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) either inside or outside Australia. Form 1 January 2009, training and assessments conducted outside Australia will be accepted only if that RTO is registered with AusLIST. Training or assessments conducted by RTOs within Australia are not subject to this restriction.

TRA would expect any training by RTOs to take an appropriate length of time for any particular occupation. While each case will be assessed on its merits, a Certificate III gained in a few days would most likely be closely scrutinised! Training that seems to be extraordinarily short or quick would be unlikely to be the trainee skills commensurate with Australian standards and expectations.

Further documentation is available but it's too early to speculate exactly how all this might work in practice. It does seem to be opening the door for a considerable volume of work for RTOs registered at http://www.transnational.deewr.gov.au/AusLIST/ .

The planned date for the implementation of this change is 1 September, ie Pathway D will have been out of commission for 12 months.

Cheers,

George Lombard

George Lombard Jun 27th 2008 5:25 pm

Re: News on Pathway D

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 6508682)
Finally some news about the shape of the new pathway D, thanks to the migration agents' professional body, the MIA, which has made the following preliminary comments on an exposure draft from TRA :

•1. Replacement for Pathway D.

The old Pathway D allowed for a consideration of workplace experience alone. This will not be a feature of the new system. Under the new system, skills assessment will rely on qualifications, which can include licensing, industry certificates, recognition of prior learning (RPL) and gap training, with independent verification. All of this will, of course, depend on comparability with Australian equivalents.

Training and workplace assessment can be conducted by an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) either inside or outside Australia. Form 1 January 2009, training and assessments conducted outside Australia will be accepted only if that RTO is registered with AusLIST. Training or assessments conducted by RTOs within Australia are not subject to this restriction.

TRA would expect any training by RTOs to take an appropriate length of time for any particular occupation. While each case will be assessed on its merits, a Certificate III gained in a few days would most likely be closely scrutinised! Training that seems to be extraordinarily short or quick would be unlikely to be the trainee skills commensurate with Australian standards and expectations.

Further documentation is available but it's too early to speculate exactly how all this might work in practice. It does seem to be opening the door for a considerable volume of work for RTOs registered at http://www.transnational.deewr.gov.au/AusLIST/ .

The planned date for the implementation of this change is 1 September, ie Pathway D will have been out of commission for 12 months.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Further to this, the specific discussion of overseas qualifications in the exposure draft is underneath. It seems to boil down to having four years work experience and a recognised qualification for everyone. There will no longer be pathways A to E, but just two streams, A for people using Australian qualifications and experience and B for everyone else. And for both streams, the requirements are going to include a qualification (skill category 1) and work experience (skill category 2).

Also significant that the option of trade tests, technical interviews and on the job inspections are now explicit additional options for TRA beyond the formal requirements for each stream.

Now read on:

7. Skill Stream B – International

7.1. Skill category 1 ‐ Training / Skills Recognition: Applicants must provide evidence of having completed at least one element from Skill Category 1 as follows:

7.1.1. formal vocational training; or
7.1.2. formal skills recognition.

7.2. In relation to clause 7.1.1, formal vocational training must:
7.2.1. consist of structured institution based tuition; and
7.2.2. result in the award of a formally recognised qualification applicable to the nominated occupation.

7.3. In relation to clause 7.1.2, formal skills recognition must:
7.3.1. result from completion of a workplace assessment; or
7.3.2. be confirmed by a recognised industrial or occupational licence.

7.4. In relation to 7.3.1, the workplace assessment must:
7.4.1. have been undertaken by an organisation accredited by an authorised governing body whose standards can be independently verified by TRA; and
7.4.2. result in the award of a formally recognised qualification applicable to the nominated occupation.

7.5. Skill Category 2 ‐ Employment: Applicants must also demonstrate no less than four (4) years employment.

7.6. For the purposes of clause 7.5, applicants are able to claim a maximum of one (1) year credit towards their employment if they provide evidence of completing formal vocational training.

7.7. For the purposes of clause 7.5, such employment must include a skill level transition.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Flixy Jun 27th 2008 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 6510318)
Further to this, the specific discussion of overseas qualifications in the exposure draft is underneath. It seems to boil down to having four years work experience and a recognised qualification for everyone. There will no longer be pathways A to E, but just two streams, A for people using Australian qualifications and experience and B for everyone else. And for both streams, the requirements are going to include a qualification (skill category 1) and work experience (skill category 2).

Also significant that the option of trade tests, technical interviews and on the job inspections are now explicit additional options for TRA beyond the formal requirements for each stream.

Now read on:

7. Skill Stream B – International

7.1. Skill category 1 ‐ Training / Skills Recognition: Applicants must provide evidence of having completed at least one element from Skill Category 1 as follows:

7.1.1. formal vocational training; or
7.1.2. formal skills recognition.

7.2. In relation to clause 7.1.1, formal vocational training must:
7.2.1. consist of structured institution based tuition; and
7.2.2. result in the award of a formally recognised qualification applicable to the nominated occupation.

7.3. In relation to clause 7.1.2, formal skills recognition must:
7.3.1. result from completion of a workplace assessment; or
7.3.2. be confirmed by a recognised industrial or occupational licence.

7.4. In relation to 7.3.1, the workplace assessment must:
7.4.1. have been undertaken by an organisation accredited by an authorised governing body whose standards can be independently verified by TRA; and
7.4.2. result in the award of a formally recognised qualification applicable to the nominated occupation.

7.5. Skill Category 2 ‐ Employment: Applicants must also demonstrate no less than four (4) years employment.

7.6. For the purposes of clause 7.5, applicants are able to claim a maximum of one (1) year credit towards their employment if they provide evidence of completing formal vocational training.

7.7. For the purposes of clause 7.5, such employment must include a skill level transition.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks again George,
We have been looking at a few avenues while waiting for news, my OH was trained by British Telecom, there is no qualification for this, but he has a license to work on the BT network, would this be good enough? If not, if he has his skills assessed by an NVQ assessor in the UK via RPL and gains a NVQ3 would this be good enough? He is also currently doing online training with a RTO to gain a certII in telecommunications which wil lead to an open cablers license, will that help at all?
Sorry for all the questions, i'm sure you will be unindated, but I would appreciate any comments you may have.
Regards
Flix

PaulandNic Jun 28th 2008 1:35 pm

My brother is looking to come to Australia and HIS (2 bob job!) agent has told him he'll be ok when the pathway D IS reintroduced! ... :rolleyes:

He's a locksmith with years of experience, but no formal qualifications apart from a few week long courses.

HE tells me his agent know what they're on about! ... I tell him they don't and not to 'bank on it!'

What do you reckon anyone?

Cheetah7 Jun 28th 2008 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 6512963)
My brother is looking to come to Australia and HIS (2 bob job!) agent has told him he'll be ok when the pathway D IS reintroduced! ... :rolleyes:

He's a locksmith with years of experience, but no formal qualifications apart from a few week long courses.

HE tells me his agent know what they're on about! ... I tell him they don't and not to 'bank on it!'

What do you reckon anyone?

I think you are right Paul.

Too much assumption about it being reintroduced and I think if anything, the whole process will become far harder than it is now.

Good luck to him though.:thumbup:

chappers1 Jun 29th 2008 9:19 am

Hi

I was wondering how this effects AQF III, seeing pathway E has gone, as they can be turned around in a matter of weeks, and if they would be scrutinised. OH is doing it at moment and don't want to lay out more money if it not going to do him any good.

Many thanks
:confused:

Flixy Jun 30th 2008 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6510454)
Thanks again George,
We have been looking at a few avenues while waiting for news, my OH was trained by British Telecom, there is no qualification for this, but he has a license to work on the BT network, would this be good enough? If not, if he has his skills assessed by an NVQ assessor in the UK via RPL and gains a NVQ3 would this be good enough? He is also currently doing online training with a RTO to gain a certII in telecommunications which wil lead to an open cablers license, will that help at all?
Sorry for all the questions, i'm sure you will be unindated, but I would appreciate any comments you may have.
Regards
Flix

Any ideas anyone please?:unsure:

Flixy Jul 2nd 2008 6:37 am

Just seen this on the TRA site:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...n2July2008.pdf

George Lombard Jul 2nd 2008 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6518619)
Any ideas anyone please?:unsure:

Dear Flixy,

Thanks for the link.

On the question concerning your OH, it's much too early to know exactly what they'll accept and what they won't. I would suggest in fact that you prepare a submission pointing out that BT training and licensing is world best practice and should be accepted in his field, they're still in the consultation phase on the new "MAP".

Cheers,

George Lombard

carolinemaria Jul 2nd 2008 7:08 am

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 6525460)
Dear Flixy,

Thanks for the link.

On the question concerning your OH, it's much too early to know exactly what they'll accept and what they won't. I would suggest in fact that you prepare a submission pointing out that BT training and licensing is world best practice and should be accepted in his field, they're still in the consultation phase on the new "MAP".

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George, just saw your name pop up. I know I shouldn't post this here but too happy. As you know got our visa today. Thanks to you and your team for being so excellent.:thumbsup:

Caroline and Keith (the mirror people) x

Flixy Jul 2nd 2008 8:20 am

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 6525460)
Dear Flixy,

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks for the advice George, is there any indication of when the new criteria wil be available?
Regards
Flixy

George Lombard Jul 2nd 2008 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6525658)
Thanks for the advice George, is there any indication of when the new criteria wil be available?
Regards
Flixy

Hi Flixy,

I've already posted all that they've provided that's relevant.

Cheers,

George Lombard

chappers1 Jul 2nd 2008 10:26 pm

HAS THERE BEEN ANY CHANGES MADE TO PATHWAY 'E' ??:confused:

George Lombard Jul 3rd 2008 9:51 am

Originally Posted by chappers1 (Post 6528259)
HAS THERE BEEN ANY CHANGES MADE TO PATHWAY 'E' ??:confused:

Hi Chappers,

Don't know, I think Alan may be exploring that now.

Cheers,

George Lombard

tracey turney Jul 6th 2008 8:25 pm

hi anybody a hairdresser from 1980's with city & guilds qualifications and doing perm res

Paulyboy Jul 12th 2008 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by tracey turney (Post 6541235)
hi anybody a hairdresser from 1980's with city & guilds qualifications and doing perm res

Hi george

Im a self employed plasterer from the uk and have a nvq level 2, and also have 5 years experienceof working with another company before i became self employed, I was told that i would need an oz equivalant qualification that can be gained here in the uk but would cost £2000, is this still true given the new pathway, or if i applied for citizeship based on skilled migration does my english qualification be ok along with my experience.

thanks
Paul

George Lombard Jul 12th 2008 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Paulyboy (Post 6564516)
Hi george

Im a self employed plasterer from the uk and have a nvq level 2, and also have 5 years experienceof working with another company before i became self employed, I was told that i would need an oz equivalant qualification that can be gained here in the uk but would cost £2000, is this still true given the new pathway, or if i applied for citizeship based on skilled migration does my english qualification be ok along with my experience.

thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

2000 quid for a qualification? I can't comment on that, but it does seem that the new TRA rules are going to let NVQ holders in, if they've got sufficient work experience. The unknown at this stage is what NVQ - most likely NVQ2, but possibly NVQ3. There are a great number of issues, not the least of which is that a large number of Australian training institutions have been gearing up to provide equivalency testing but only some are going to be allowed in under this mechanism, as it stands. My advice at this stage is to wait until the dust settles.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Paulyboy Jul 12th 2008 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 6564988)
Hi Paul,

2000 quid for a qualification? I can't comment on that, but it does seem that the new TRA rules are going to let NVQ holders in, if they've got sufficient work experience. The unknown at this stage is what NVQ - most likely NVQ2, but possibly NVQ3. There are a great number of issues, not the least of which is that a large number of Australian training institutions have been gearing up to provide equivalency testing but only some are going to be allowed in under this mechanism, as it stands. My advice at this stage is to wait until the dust settles.

Cheers,

George Lombard

hi george
thanks mate, i now wish i didnt use my working holiday visa up few years back but in a way its led me to what i do today via owning my own business.
When is this new pathway gonna be set in stone and what is the cost involved for emigration should we qualify from beginning to end and would a drink driving conviction for being a little bit under twice over the limit stop me being aloud in ( i drove the day after the night before thinking i was ok back in 2004) and from when you apply how long do you have to wait till you hear if you have been accepted as i would be a little disappointed waiting like 6 months to then get rejected if i was too.
cheers buddy
paul

George Lombard Jul 13th 2008 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Paulyboy (Post 6565069)
hi george
thanks mate, i now wish i didnt use my working holiday visa up few years back but in a way its led me to what i do today via owning my own business.
When is this new pathway gonna be set in stone and what is the cost involved for emigration should we qualify from beginning to end and would a drink driving conviction for being a little bit under twice over the limit stop me being aloud in ( i drove the day after the night before thinking i was ok back in 2004) and from when you apply how long do you have to wait till you hear if you have been accepted as i would be a little disappointed waiting like 6 months to then get rejected if i was too.
cheers buddy
paul

Hi Paul,

Read this thread, it's basically all we know about pathway D under the new MAP. On your other issues I'd need to advise you privately.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Alan Collett Jul 13th 2008 3:18 am

I attended a migration agents' seminar in Melbourne last Tuesday at which the Director and Assistant Director of TRA presented the new MAP, and responded to questions and "observations" from the floor.

I also took the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters afterwards.

For those in the UK I fear we are not going to achieve a great deal more certainty than we have now, beyond it being made quite clear at the presentation that an application based purely on work experience is a non starter.

In other words those applicants who have been hoping for a return of Skill Pathway D or an equivalent should reconcile themselves to the fact that they will now need to have a suitable qualification or licence that will validate their competencies.

Importantly, there is not going to be a list of "formally recognised qualifications" (at least not in the foreseeable future - see clause 7.4.2 in George's posting above), so applicants are left with the question of whether to go with an application based on a UK qualification or licence, or to incur the costs of a workplace assessment leading to an AQF Certificate III.

I quizzed the TRA people on NVQ2s (a subject dear to my heart), and was advised that "each case will be looked at individually and on its own merits".

The reality borne out of our own experience though (and I left the presentation with the view that this will not change under the new Skills Streams) is that a well documented application from a UK based individual with a NVQ2 (or indeed some other related licence/qualification - so long as supporting documentation is provided that evidences the technical requirements that had to be satisfied to attain the licence/qualification), together with related documentation that evidences skilled employment and/or a skills transition is likely to be successful.

Finally, trade skills applicants that have undertaken formal training, have attained some form of qualification outside Australia, and who want to optimise their chances of a successful application to TRA without committing to a reasonably expensive UK workplace assessment should consider engaging a competent agent who has lodged a significant number of applications with TRA in the past. I know George is one. We are another:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ouroffices

Best regards.

stefan booth Jul 13th 2008 2:19 pm

Hi George

I failed my TRA on the basis that I did not do a formal apprenticeship. I have been working as a boilermaker for 10 years, but received my training on the job and have never completed any official qualifications. I have been told I need to apply for an ARTC (australian recognised trade certificate) Have you heard of this?

Do you know if this is the best route and how I would go about putting an application together?

Any help/advice would be great.
Cheers
Stefan

George Lombard Jul 13th 2008 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by stefan booth (Post 6566510)
Hi George

I failed my TRA on the basis that I did not do a formal apprenticeship. I have been working as a boilermaker for 10 years, but received my training on the job and have never completed any official qualifications. I have been told I need to apply for an ARTC (australian recognised trade certificate) Have you heard of this?

Do you know if this is the best route and how I would go about putting an application together?

Any help/advice would be great.
Cheers
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Best if you shoot over your CV and the TRA decision to my email address below in my signature. ARTC would be an interesting choice but afaik would only apply if you had at least 6 or 7 years work experience in Australia.

Cheers,

George Lombard

becandal Jul 14th 2008 2:47 pm

Hi there
:)
Have been reading the thread and am still a little confused. My husband is a landscape gardener, he has no formal qualifications but has been self employed for 18 years. Am i right in thinking that if he has a UK workplace assesment and if everything is ok this will lead to an NVQ3 or an australian recognised qualification which will be great for our application?

The immigration system is so confusing.
Thanks for any info.

ekiec Jul 14th 2008 10:31 pm

In respect to having no formal qualifications and getting recoognised . the RTO's seem to have a bias towards photographic evidence. Point being- as you are doing your daily trade/job presently"take photographs" with you in them. I know it sounds big ego time. but I am presently tring to have my experience recognised on this side and they have stated "have you any pictures of yourseld doing the work'. He emphasised that he recognises pictures with the person in, as bona-fida evidence of the skill (within the picture) as against client/ employee references or job invoices. Check up your trade against the AQF or Tafe modules list and take as many pictures of yourself doing as many jobs matching the requirement of the AQF III or Cert III trade. Even better edit a date onto the photographs for prior works.
This I have been informed is 100% proof you have done what is required.????
Ask those here that have had to go through the present process. You will find it a requirement.

Hope this assists.
Eamon.

P.s. For those of you that are thinking of migrating in a couple of years time,-start taking pictures (You in them) now for your portfolio and get as many client, co-worker or employer references as possable with a detailing of day to day jobs/work. Do not throw any invoices/paperwork/quotations/drawings/licenses etc. away. They all count as criteria and evidence, especially forthose with no written qualification. Eamon.

becandal Jul 16th 2008 6:10 am

Hi Eamon, Thanks for the info. But isnt this the way it used to work. I was under the impression that this method had been stopped due to many people taking photos of themselves supposedly carrying out the work but not actually being able to do the work they claim? If i am wrong and this is still being used then thats great and probably makes the whole thing quite a bit quicker.

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

ekiec Jul 16th 2008 9:56 am

Originally Posted by becandal (Post 6575930)
Hi Eamon, Thanks for the info. But isnt this the way it used to work. I was under the impression that this method had been stopped due to many people taking photos of themselves supposedly carrying out the work but not actually being able to do the work they claim? If i am wrong and this is still being used then thats great and probably makes the whole thing quite a bit quicker.

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

Yes, I agree with you but they (RTO's) are doing the assessing and thats what my assessor wanted from me. I personally have no faith in self photographic evidence as I beleive anyone taking a photo of themselves has either a huge ego and in love with their trade or as you say, someone else's work that they have planted themselves into.
I have over five hundred photo's of my previous works, he wasn't interested !!!!! Why would I want to have five hundred photo's with myself in them, "to show clients! I don't think so". I now have to phograph myself in different positions at work. My head is starting to swell and the OH is going to bin the camera...................:rofl::rofl::rofl:

steve`o Jul 17th 2008 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Collett (Post 6565528)
I attended a migration agents' seminar in Melbourne last Tuesday at which the Director and Assistant Director of TRA presented the new MAP, and responded to questions and "observations" from the floor.

For those in the UK I fear we are not going to achieve a great deal more certainty than we have now, beyond it being made quite clear at the presentation that an application based purely on work experience is a non starter.

In other words those applicants who have been hoping for a return of Skill Pathway D or an equivalent should reconcile themselves to the fact that they will now need to have a suitable qualification or licence that will validate their competencies.

Importantly, there is not going to be a list of "formally recognised qualifications" (at least not in the foreseeable future - see clause 7.4.2 in George's posting above), so applicants are left with the question of whether to go with an application based on a UK qualification or licence, or to incur the costs of a workplace assessment leading to an AQF Certificate III.

I quizzed the TRA people on NVQ2s (a subject dear to my heart), and was advised that "each case will be looked at individually and on its own merits".

The reality borne out of our own experience though (and I left the presentation with the view that this will not change under the new Skills Streams) is that a well documented application from a UK based individual with a NVQ2 (or indeed some other related licence/qualification - so long as supporting documentation is provided that evidences the technical requirements that had to be satisfied to attain the licence/qualification), together with related documentation that evidences skilled employment and/or a skills transition is likely to be successful.

Finally, trade skills applicants that have undertaken formal training, have attained some form of qualification outside Australia, and who want to optimise their chances of a successful application to TRA without committing to a reasonably expensive UK workplace assessment should consider engaging a competent agent who has lodged a significant number of applications with TRA in the past
. I know George is one. We are another:

Best regards.

thanks for the information above

regards steve

yoddha Jul 31st 2008 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Collett (Post 6565528)

Finally, trade skills applicants that have undertaken formal training, have attained some form of qualification outside Australia, and who want to optimise their chances of a successful application to TRA without committing to a reasonably expensive UK workplace assessment should consider engaging a competent agent who has lodged a significant number of applications with TRA in the past. I know George is one. We are another:

Best regards.

Hi !
We have applied for GSM to Australia. My Wife is Hair Dresser and the principal applicant with 8 years of work experience. We got our TRA Last year and then filed our application in August 2007 last year. We have got acknowledgement of our file but not been assigned a CO so far.

We are worried with the replacement to the Pathway D i.e MAP being introduced next month.

Are we Safe?
How will MAP affect us?
Will our application be acessed be still under the new policy?
Do we qualify under the new policy?
My wife does not have Govt Recognized Qualifications..(Though she has attended Seminars and Workshops to upgrade her skills)
Should she get her qualifications accessed from another body like City and Guilds etc to strengethen her case?
Please advice...

Cheers
Dipak

Veronika Aug 2nd 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Dipak,

I know you addressed your question to George but the answer is simple and I hope George won't mind me answering:

The TRA changes that are being discussed above affect those who do not yet have a skills assessment. Your application will not be affected since it has already been lodged.

Cheers,
Veronika

yoddha Aug 2nd 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Veronika...
You answer has come as a huge relief for us..
Thanks a ton..

Cheers.

clusterofgeals Aug 3rd 2008 11:49 pm

wife is a florist wth 12 years previous experience,left floristry 4 years ago but returning next month to it so she can do her nvq2 in it.
can anyone tell us whether she can apply under ensol to gain entry to oz .#
thanks

lee28 Aug 4th 2008 10:20 am

I thought you had to be working in your area for at least 12 months before you apply.

Veronika Aug 4th 2008 10:43 am

Florists are listed on the ENSOL, which means that she can apply for the ENS visa.

But an ENS visa also requires that she has an assessment as well as 3 years post qualification experience. So she may not meet that requirement and should consider the 457 option. After 2 years of work on a 457 she will be able to apply for an ENS.

Another (easier) option is the RSMS employer sponsored visa. Again this is reliant on an employer BUT since the employer has to be based in a regional area there are quite a few concessions. And it is an easier and faster visa to obtain than the ENS.

Don't forget the regional areas include the whole of South Australia, and most of the main areas of QLD, WA and VIC - although not the main city areas.

Cheers :)

Dave - Jo Aug 11th 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6510454)
Thanks again George,
Regards
Flix

Hi Flixy
I also work for British Telecom or Openreach as we are now!!!.Me and OH are looking to move to Oz but i am not sure what certs from work we need or are valid over in Oz if you know anymore could you please let us know many thanks.

Flixy Aug 11th 2008 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dave - Jo (Post 6668707)
Hi Flixy
I also work for British Telecom or Openreach as we are now!!!.Me and OH are looking to move to Oz but i am not sure what certs from work we need or are valid over in Oz if you know anymore could you please let us know many thanks.

Have you done the tra yet? I don't want to drone on if you have already passed that:lol:

Dave - Jo Aug 11th 2008 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Flixy (Post 6669357)
Have you done the tra yet? I don't want to drone on if you have already passed that:lol:

Our migration agent has said to wait untill the powers that be decide on what the new pathways are before we start to fill in any forms!!.But we just want to get things moving and get as much info together so we will be ready!!!

Alan Collett Aug 11th 2008 11:53 pm

TRA's new pathways (or Skills Streams as they are now known) are as good as finalised now ...

Best regards.

Flixy Aug 12th 2008 7:40 am

We are working on the TRA skills transition at the moment as directed by our agent, we chose them because most of the others (with the exception of Alan) wanted to wait till September to start. In the meantime my OH has been studying online for his Australian open cable registration so that he does not have to do it when (if!) we ever get there. We are hoping this will add some weight to the TRA application.

Dave - Jo Aug 12th 2008 3:26 pm

Hi Flixy

Where would I find the Australian open cable registration site so I can have a look at that and maybe get a head start like your OH

Thanks

Flixy Aug 12th 2008 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dave - Jo (Post 6672359)
Hi Flixy

Where would I find the Australian open cable registration site so I can have a look at that and maybe get a head start like your OH

Thanks

http://www.howtodoit.org/
If you decide to go ahead, feel free to pm me and my oh can talk you through it, it is very different to the work over here!