Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Anyone else got any news?
We're 16 weeks now, and I'm getting bored! I know there's longer to wait, but I'm so inpatient.
Am out of the country for two weeks from mid October so if there is going to be a request for further info it would be ideal to get this before we go on holiday to save delays.
PLEASE DIMIA, PLEASE!!!

I think DIMIA is getting quicker again! "The A Team" got med request after 3 months!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...48#post2802248

Looking the austimeline it seems lots of SIR visas are granted these days in a short period of time.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:46 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

our timelines are exactly the same my application was sent 28th april and got my pcc, med and 1022 request on 16th sept

i shall keep an eye on your postings from now on!! our meds are booked for 11th october, so hopefully everything should be sent off together

regards
vb2

Originally Posted by GurpreetSandhu
I got the email with med/pcc/1022 request........... I am so happy...... its exactly after 19+ weeks......

Hope rest of us also get their medical requests and visas soon.

Gurpreet
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vb2
our timelines are exactly the same my application was sent 28th april and got my pcc, med and 1022 request on 16th sept

i shall keep an eye on your postings from now on!! our meds are booked for 11th october, so hopefully everything should be sent off together

regards
vb2
Hi! vb2,

Yes its exactly same but I already got my medicals done today DOC said she will be posting it to DIMIA by tomorrow. But my PCC is still pending now I will be after this lets c how soon I get it.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by milindbe
Oh missed this one..
..CONGRATS!!!
Hi! Milindbe,

You are also on the same time line as mine and VB2. I feel you should be hearing within this week from DIMIA. My best wishes are always with you.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2

regards
vb2
We're now approaching the 5 and a half mth mark! sent pcc's, form 1022 off via international signed for, they can't confirm whether its been delivered (waste of money), so have requested pcc's again from our local force (current wait 40 days), everything has to be in for 6th oct so we're pushing it. medicals have been done and sent to sydney, just waiting to hear!!!!!! oh and emailed CO re above, no reply
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:05 am
vb2

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

how did your medicals go? what did they do

vb2

Hi! vb2,

Yes its exactly same but I already got my medicals done today DOC said she will be posting it to DIMIA by tomorrow. But my PCC is still pending now I will be after this lets c how soon I get it.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2

vb2
pretty basic stuff really for £730!!!! With all of us (2 adults 3 kids) they did a urinalysis, eye sight check, height and weight, looked in our ears, listened to our chests and poked our belly's! Mark and I then went for an x-ray and had our bloods done. Because we both have tattoos we had to have the full set of bloods, hence the extra cost. The whole thing lasted 1.5 hrs, kids were playing up so the hospital were relieved when we left! There was another family there with 6 very well behaved kids who'd been there for over 4 hrs! My tip therefore is to feed the kids as many e numbers as possible, get them really hyper and they'll rush you through!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vb2

vb2
Hi! vb2,

Well It was not much of hassle, as I was worried. They took Urine and blood sample immed. when we got into Doctor's office. then in 10-15 mins doctor called me in first. I ticked Cigrate & Alcohal as "Yes" but had left the colum "How Much" blank. She asked me about that and after my explanation she filled "ocassionaly" in both columns. Then Asked to remove my shoes, her assistant took my weight & hight and asked to read alphabets on a board to check my eyesight. Then she asked me to remove my cloths.

Then doctor checked my BP and listend to chest and checked my stomach with her hands.

It all took not more than 10 mins. Then she called in my wife and she even took lesser time on her no cloths removed.

Then we were sent for Chest Xray.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:43 pm
vb2

i shall bear the e number thing in mind!!

ah well at least it wasnt too daunting for you all.

vb2

Originally Posted by glittababe
pretty basic stuff really for £730!!!! With all of us (2 adults 3 kids) they did a urinalysis, eye sight check, height and weight, looked in our ears, listened to our chests and poked our belly's! Mark and I then went for an x-ray and had our bloods done. Because we both have tattoos we had to have the full set of bloods, hence the extra cost. The whole thing lasted 1.5 hrs, kids were playing up so the hospital were relieved when we left! There was another family there with 6 very well behaved kids who'd been there for over 4 hrs! My tip therefore is to feed the kids as many e numbers as possible, get them really hyper and they'll rush you through!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vb2
i shall bear the e number thing in mind!!

ah well at least it wasnt too daunting for you all.

vb2
well this was our second lot of meds as our first lot went out of date! The first lot were pretty similar. We never had to strip off, wore nice undies too, shame (have packed them away)! Hear some horror stroies on here about some of the pervy docs. This one just wanted us out of there asap!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: drinking champagne 24 -7!!!In the land of visa grants!
vigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Anyone else got any news?
We're 16 weeks now, and I'm getting bored! I know there's longer to wait, but I'm so inpatient.
Am out of the country for two weeks from mid October so if there is going to be a request for further info it would be ideal to get this before we go on holiday to save delays.
PLEASE DIMIA, PLEASE!!!

I,M STILL HERE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was told we have got a case officer about two weeks ago , desperatley wanting the med requests!!!!!Just looked on ausitimeline and noticed a modl person got their meds requested 14th sep they lodged their apllication 23rd may two day before us!!!!!
The waiting is killing me have had so much hassle with the whole process (tra was delay due to postal sytem?med results were delay for no reason when they did go off they were delayey at the airport in the uk)!!!!
Im now just getting over shingles!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(stress related i think)
I thought it was a nasty gnat bite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a woman living on the edge!!!!!!!
I JUST WANT THAT MED REQUEST
I NEED TO SLEEP
Been reading this thread twice a day !!!
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING
WELL DONE TO THOSE WHO GOT THEIR MEDS REQUEST OR VISA
Kind Regards
Lisa
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vigilant
I,M STILL HERE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was told we have got a case officer about two weeks ago , desperatley wanting the med requests!!!!!Just looked on ausitimeline and noticed a modl person got their meds requested 14th sep they lodged their apllication 23rd may two day before us!!!!!
The waiting is killing me have had so much hassle with the whole process (tra was delay due to postal sytem?med results were delay for no reason when they did go off they were delayey at the airport in the uk)!!!!
Im now just getting over shingles!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(stress related i think)
I thought it was a nasty gnat bite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a woman living on the edge!!!!!!!
I JUST WANT THAT MED REQUEST
I NEED TO SLEEP
Been reading this thread twice a day !!!
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING
WELL DONE TO THOSE WHO GOT THEIR MEDS REQUEST OR VISA
Kind Regards
Lisa
Hi Lisa, Hope you didn't get shingles after reading my pm......?! To everyone else - we're still waiting also - applied 25th May - have been very presumptious and send pcc's, meds and even Form 1022 (just for something to do!) It is great to see that April and even some May people are getting CO's though - it keeps me sane (ish!) Good luck everyone. Lets hope for something soon. Michelle x
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hi Lisa, Hope you didn't get shingles after reading my pm......?! To everyone else - we're still waiting also - applied 25th May - have been very presumptious and send pcc's, meds and even Form 1022 (just for something to do!) It is great to see that April and even some May people are getting CO's though - it keeps me sane (ish!) Good luck everyone. Lets hope for something soon. Michelle x
Sorry, Lisa. Meant to ask you - how did Agents know you have a CO if you haven't been asked for meds yet? M x
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:36 pm
vb2

wish i had booked the medicals sooner now just to get it over and done with, but i suppose 11th october isnt too far away and our police checks should be back around the same time, so all being well australia should receive all our documentation around the same time.
fingers crossed!!
vb2

Hi! vb2,

Well It was not much of hassle, as I was worried. They took Urine and blood sample immed. when we got into Doctor's office. then in 10-15 mins doctor called me in first. I ticked Cigrate & Alcohal as "Yes" but had left the colum "How Much" blank. She asked me about that and after my explanation she filled "ocassionaly" in both columns. Then Asked to remove my shoes, her assistant took my weight & hight and asked to read alphabets on a board to check my eyesight. Then she asked me to remove my cloths.

Then doctor checked my BP and listend to chest and checked my stomach with her hands.

It all took not more than 10 mins. Then she called in my wife and she even took lesser time on her no cloths removed.

Then we were sent for Chest Xray.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:52 am
Melbourne bound

paul_d will become famous soon enoughpaul_d will become famous soon enough

I've just had my requests through, 19 weeks and 1 day after my acknowledgement date. And my meds arrived at the LCU today also!

The email included a 1022 request, even though I had recently sent one for a change of mobile phone number.

Did anyone else have a paragraph about passports "if not already supplied"?
I'm assuming this is not an actual request since I sent the appropriate copies with the main app.

Paul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.