Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Originally Posted by Oakie
Its been over 5 months for us now (see below). As I said in another post Ive been trying to phone to find out and would let you know of the outcome, but I'm just too lazy to get out of bed at 4am and its too busy by 6!!!!

Really good news for the guys who have gone through sooner, but I really cant help feeling a little jealous. I'm sure things will speed up once the test is over (which is pretty much now, wo hoooo!)

Anyway, there is an email going in this evening to find out about our application and to check that any communications haven't been rejected by our 'oh so wiz' email system that rejects anything with a vowel in it, so Ill let you know of the feedback.

Ta, Mark.
Just don't get it, Mark. Really can't understand the thinking behind how DIMIA work. Have you tried e-mailing the Region 3 Manager - you might get a bit further with her - If you do a search on the forum, you'll get her name. Not sure if you're supposed to mention it on here, but the initials are LM. I think after over five months, you're entitled to some sort of reply. Good luck! Michelle
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Just don't get it, Mark. Really can't understand the thinking behind how DIMIA work. Have you tried e-mailing the Region 3 Manager - you might get a bit further with her - If you do a search on the forum, you'll get her name. Not sure if you're supposed to mention it on here, but the initials are LM. I think after over five months, you're entitled to some sort of reply. Good luck! Michelle

Hi

Been 19+ weeks for us and still nothing. I emailed region 3 manager a few weeks ago....no reply. Sent another email to DIMIA last week but still no reply. Please let us know if you hear anything. Noticed on austimeline.com that all of the Feb applicants and most of the March applicants have visas. Also there has been a couple of early April applicants got theres too, so maybe not much longer.

Paul
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Oakie will become famous soon enoughOakie will become famous soon enough

Okay folks, Im having a very good morning!!!!

Very swift (and more importantly) VERY positive response from the DIMIA (thanks!!), med/PCC requests are here exaclty 5 months (22 weeks) on. So I guess the longest waiting times are around this at the moment, hopefully you guys should start to hear soon.

Thanks. Man, my smile is from ear to ear.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Oakie
Okay folks, Im having a very good morning!!!!

Very swift (and more importantly) VERY positive response from the DIMIA (thanks!!), med/PCC requests are here exaclty 5 months (22 weeks) on. So I guess the longest waiting times are around this at the moment, hopefully you guys should start to hear soon.

Thanks. Man, my smile is from ear to ear.
Hi! Oakie,
Congratulations......

It seems posting on this thread turned lucky for you and Paul. He also heard from DIMIA just today.....

Ours can be any time now...... Its 19 weeks for us today.

Gurpreet

Last edited by GurpreetSandhu; Sep 13th 2005 at 7:59 am.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

milindbe will become famous soon enoughmilindbe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GurpreetSandhu
Hi! Oakie,
Congratulations......

It seems posting on this thread turned lucky for you and Paul. He also heard from DIMIA just today.....

Ours can be any time now...... Its 19 weeks for us today.

Gurpreet
oh I just wish that would be true!
We are also so much waiting for the med request, it's soon coming 18 weeks since ack.. I just hope posting in here will make it quicker..
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by milindbe
oh I just wish that would be true!
We are also so much waiting for the med request, it's soon coming 18 weeks since ack.. I just hope posting in here will make it quicker..
Dear Milindbe,

Lets hope for the best...... I completed 19 weeks today...... it should b something tomorrow....

Gurpreet
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:08 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know that we received our meds/PCC requests yesterday. Having received the bad news, on Monday, that one of our assurers is being made redundant on 1/10/05 our request came as a welcome surprise. We just hope our assurers get their interview before 1/10.

Really impressed with booking the meds, phoned Queensway in Southend this morning expecting to have to wait weeks for an appointment but that wasn't the case, we got appointments for Wednesday week costing £455 for 4 of us including courier to Sydney. I then phoned the local BUPA hospital to book x-rays and they basically said we could choose when we wanted to come so we are having them done on Friday.

I just hope CentreLink are as efficient and forthcoming with a swift appointment.

ACE

PS Hopefully those still waiting will hear something soon.

Last edited by ACE; Sep 14th 2005 at 9:13 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Guys,
Just to let you know that we received our meds/PCC requests yesterday. Having received the bad news, on Monday, that one of our assurers is being made redundant on 1/10/05 our request came as a welcome surprise. We just hope our assurers get their interview before 1/10.

Really impressed with booking the meds, phoned Queensway in Southend this morning expecting to have to wait weeks for an appointment but that wasn't the case, we got appointments for Wednesday week costing £455 for 4 of us including courier to Sydney. I then phoned the local BUPA hospital to book x-rays and they basically said we could choose when we wanted to come so we are having them done on Friday.

I just hope CentreLink are as efficient and forthcoming with a swift appointment.

ACE

PS Hopefully those still waiting will hear something soon.
Good on the requests. Hope that you get the centralink appointment early enough!! But if not, although it is a bit of a hassle - it is possible to find another assurer - at least they don't have to be family. My father was not sure whether he had sufficient time on his taxable income, so he asked his best friend to be our assurer just in case...
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Dear Milindbe,

Lets hope for the best...... I completed 19 weeks today...... it should b something tomorrow....

Gurpreet
I got the email with med/pcc/1022 request........... I am so happy...... its exactly after 19+ weeks......

Hope rest of us also get their medical requests and visas soon.

Gurpreet
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough

I got the email with med/pcc/1022 request........... I am so happy...... its exactly after 19+ weeks......

Gurpreet

That's great news Gurpreet!! Looks like 19 weeks is the trend now for medical requests... Mine came in after 19 weeks too, remember?

Goodluck with your medical, get ready to get naked =).
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Another one here for the record who received Med/PCC requests after about 19 weeks, I think.

Email from DIMIA stated they received my app on 09/05

So, let's get 'em booked!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:23 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teri
Good on the requests. Hope that you get the centralink appointment early enough!! But if not, although it is a bit of a hassle - it is possible to find another assurer - at least they don't have to be family. My father was not sure whether he had sufficient time on his taxable income, so he asked his best friend to be our assurer just in case...
Thanks Teri,
We would have a problem finding someone else so hopefully it won't come to that.

ACE
Old Sep 17th 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angelico
That's great news Gurpreet!! Looks like 19 weeks is the trend now for medical requests... Mine came in after 19 weeks too, remember?

Goodluck with your medical, get ready to get naked =).
It really looks like 19 weeks is the time for meds thesedays. We are on 18th week, so hoping to get it during coming week.
Fingers crossed!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by milindbe
It really looks like 19 weeks is the time for meds thesedays. We are on 18th week, so hoping to get it during coming week.
Fingers crossed!!

Anyone else got any news?
We're 16 weeks now, and I'm getting bored! I know there's longer to wait, but I'm so inpatient.
Am out of the country for two weeks from mid October so if there is going to be a request for further info it would be ideal to get this before we go on holiday to save delays.
PLEASE DIMIA, PLEASE!!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Gurpreet
Oh missed this one..
..CONGRATS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.