Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Originally Posted by GurpreetSandhu
Hi! All, DIMIA just called in my employer to verify my experience. They asked about each and every person who signed some or the other letter for me. Hope everything is fine just worried....

Regards

Gurpreet
Don't be worried, Gurpreet - its probably just last-minute checks just before Visa Grant..... Good luck! Waiting for your "Got it"! Michelle
Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:57 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

hiya, thanks for your message, well at least you know things are moving!! how did it go? what sort of questions did they ask? better off being prepared!!
good luck - shouldnt be too long now before you get the visa grant hey!!
regards
vb2

Hi! All, DIMIA just called in my employer to verify my experience. They asked about each and every person who signed some or the other letter for me. Hope everything is fine just worried....

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 27th 2005, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Regards

Gurpreet
Hi Gurpreet,

An agent told me that, they usually checked applicants working for small companies or having their own business. You should be fine! It also means for me that they think your work experience is fine, but they wanna check whether your reference letters are original.

Good luck!

TB
Old Sep 27th 2005, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: drinking champagne 24 -7!!!In the land of visa grants!
vigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud of
Wink Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Regards

Gurpreet
Hi Gurpreet

don't panic I think this is a positive move towards you getting your visa!!!!!
I'm checking the emails all the time , I'm close to losing the plot , I cant begin to tell you how many tears of stress Ive cried, and how many sleepless nights I'm having!!!!!
Ive never wanted something sooooooo much except when my dad died two days before I got married (15years ago long story)I sooooooooo wanted my dad to walk me down that aisle but it wasn't to be.
Worrying , stressing out is what I do best unfortunately!!!!
Also had one well big s**t day at work wasn't going to hand my notice in until I got my visa but now thinking I might do it within the next week!!!!
Its good to know we are all stressing out at very similar time lines
Keep Positive
Kind regards
Lisa
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vigilant
Hi Gurpreet

I'm checking the emails all the time , I'm close to losing the plot , I cant begin to tell you how many tears of stress Ive cried, and how many sleepless nights I'm having!!!!!
Ive never wanted something sooooooo much except when my dad died two days before I got married (15years ago long story)I sooooooooo wanted my dad to walk me down that aisle but it wasn't to be.
Also had one well big s**t day at work wasn't going to hand my notice in until I got my visa but now thinking I might do it within the next week!!!!
Keep Positive
Kind regards
Lisa

Stress with a capital S in our house.

Told my boss today that my last day will be 3 weeks on Frday. My notice is up this Friday, but Im allowed to stay on a while as they have no replacement. Have 15days hols to take too.

Good luck

Paul
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulb
Stress with a capital S in our house.

Told my boss today that my last day will be 3 weeks on Frday. My notice is up this Friday, but Im allowed to stay on a while as they have no replacement. Have 15days hols to take too.

Good luck

Paul
It sounds like all of us in this thread are feeling pretty much the same. This has to be the worst time - knowing that the decision will come at any time. It really is actually worse than when you first send off the application because after that you relax for a while - especially after getting acknowledgement and case officer. But now....!! I remember feeling exactly the same last time when I knew the decision was imminent (15 long months after applying). Unfortunately for us, it was a sh*t decision, but, hey, that's all water under the bridge now. Believe me, though, it was bad enough going through it once, second time round, its even worse. Some Karma would be much appreciated..... Michelle
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
It sounds like all of us in this thread are feeling pretty much the same. This has to be the worst time - knowing that the decision will come at any time. It really is actually worse than when you first send off the application because after that you relax for a while - especially after getting acknowledgement and case officer. But now....!! I remember feeling exactly the same last time when I knew the decision was imminent (15 long months after applying). Unfortunately for us, it was a sh*t decision, but, hey, that's all water under the bridge now. Believe me, though, it was bad enough going through it once, second time round, its even worse. Some Karma would be much appreciated..... Michelle
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I can make out that each and everyone of us are sailing in the same boat. Lets hope for the best.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I can make out that each and everyone of us are sailing in the same boat. Lets hope for the best.

Regards

Gurpreet
Thanks Gurpreet. I e-mailed the Manager of Region 3 on Monday. Region 3 cases have been split 20% into each region now, so she has forwarded my e-mail on to the Manager of the Region that is now dealing with ours. Hopefully I'll get a reply in the next day or so. Will keep you all posted! Michelle
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: drinking champagne 24 -7!!!In the land of visa grants!
vigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud ofvigilant has much to be proud of
Wink Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Hi Gurpreet

Keep Positive
Kind regards
Lisa

DIDNT KNOW HOW TO PUT NEW INFO ON THIS THREAD SO I ThOUGHt I WOULD POST ON MY OWN QUOTE!!!!

Today we had our meds and police checks and 1022 form , more info on employer requested!!!!!!!!!!!!(yippee)

We are now busy sorting our 1022 form ,employers ref as we have front loaded our meds,police checks!!!
I feel happy but still finding the sleep thingy a problem ,still feel stressed don't want to count my chickens before they hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all still waiting I am thinking of you (i really mean that)
I might have a large glass of wine tonight OH blow that hand me that bottle!!!!!
regards
Lisa
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

DIDNT KNOW HOW TO PUT NEW INFO ON THIS THREAD SO I ThOUGHt I WOULD POST ON MY OWN QUOTE!!!!

Today we had our meds and police checks and 1022 form , more info on employer requested!!!!!!!!!!!!(yippee)

We are now busy sorting our 1022 form ,employers ref as we have front loaded our meds,police checks!!!
I feel happy but still finding the sleep thingy a problem ,still feel stressed don't want to count my chickens before they hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might have a large glass of wine tonight OH blow that hand me that bottle!!!!!
regards
Lisa
I Know what it feels like, got our last week. Not long now for you, we guessing at 14 days after 1022 form to the visa.All the best.

Why so happy about the more info bit. Or is it the fact yuo got the 1022 form?

Last edited by AndyD; Sep 28th 2005 at 7:26 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AndyD
I Know what it feels like, got our last week. Not long now for you, we guessing at 14 days after 1022 form to the visa.All the best.

Why so happy about the more info bit. Or is it the fact yuo got the 1022 form?
Its been 15 days since we posted back our 1022, but hopefully not long now.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Its been 15 days since we posted back our 1022, but hopefully not long now.
Opps, i did say at a guess. Our's is 9 days. I was hoping for it before this weekend, perhaps hoping to much. Anyway I'm really am not worried about the visa, I'm more concerned if the house sale falls through. We are planning to go early Nov. All the best.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AndyD
Opps, i did say at a guess. Our's is 9 days. I was hoping for it before this weekend, perhaps hoping to much. Anyway I'm really am not worried about the visa, I'm more concerned if the house sale falls through. We are planning to go early Nov. All the best.

We were hoping to go on our wedding anniversary, Oct 31st. We still can if we get that elusive email in the next week or so.
Paul
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

We were hoping to go on our wedding anniversary, Oct 31st. We still can if we get that elusive email in the next week or so.
Paul

That's a novel way to spend your anniversary. Where are you heading?
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

regards
Lisa
That's really a good news Lisa, Congratulations

Gurpreet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.