British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Newly qualified midwife wanting to move to WA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/newly-qualified-midwife-wanting-move-wa-907402/)

Glasgowmidwife85 Jan 2nd 2018 2:46 pm

Newly qualified midwife wanting to move to WA

Hi I’m a newly qualified direct entry midwife looking to emigrate to Western Australia with my husband and 3 kids. I’m aware of the changes to the visa which are being implemented in March requiring me to have 2 years work experience. I was wondering if I can commence the visa application process prior to completing 2 years work experience in order for it to be processed by the time I complete the 2 years experience? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Richard_Gregan Jan 3rd 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Newly qualified midwife wanting to move to WA

Very tight. You would have to have your visa submitted and lodged prior to any changes coming into effect. There are many factors, including the time it takes for ANMAC to process the application - their online assessment programme doesn't go live until 15th January.

It should also be noted that all ANMAC applicants, at least up until now, have needed 3 months minimum post registration experience.

You should really do a detailed analysis or get professional advice, but I think you'll need to be prepared for the possibility that you'll be subject to the new rules that will (probably) come in in March.

Regards,

Richard

ruthiexcx Jan 4th 2018 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Glasgowmidwife85 (Post 12409189)
Hi I’m a newly qualified direct entry midwife looking to emigrate to Western Australia with my husband and 3 kids. I’m aware of the changes to the visa which are being implemented in March requiring me to have 2 years work experience. I was wondering if I can commence the visa application process prior to completing 2 years work experience in order for it to be processed by the time I complete the 2 years experience? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I am also newly qualified and I am keen to make the move with my family within the next 2 years. Where did you find the information that they are changing it to 2 years post grad experience?!?! I am freaking out as I have just discovered I am pregnant with my third so I am going to have to take a short break from working too.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Good luck with your move too. xx

VictoriaJuliet Mar 8th 2018 9:38 am

Hi!

I'm a current 3rd year due to qualify in September and my hope is for myself and my family to immigrate also so I am interested in these changes.

rammygirl Mar 8th 2018 11:35 am

It seems only fair that newly qualified graduates in Australia should not be disadvantaged. I am sure you you feel the same if you were a newly qualified nurse here. There are more than enough graduates here to fill existing posts and most have to work country before getting a post in a metropolitan area as it is.