Wikiposts

Newbie questions - ACS, BCS and RPL

Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie questions - ACS, BCS and RPL

Hi Shandy

Sure, a project report from 2001 or after would be good to further prove that you were working at a high enough skill level at that time. But there is a liklihood that ACS may just recognise you from Sept 2000 meaning you would have to re-apply to the ACS in Sept 2006. So what I am saying is that the important period to prove is the last position you held before Sept 2000. A strong reference for that period is helpful but it would be better to back that period up with a project report also to give you the best chance of getting that extra year you need recognised by the ACS.

Regards

Tony

Originally Posted by shandyw
Many thanks for the info, Tony, just to clarify:
I completed my MCSE in 2001. My most relevant experience is subsequent to obtaining the qualification although I was an IT (network & project) Manager from Sept 2000. Previous to that I had 10 years general computer experience - s/w support & consultancy for a life assurance monolith, then self employed, s/w & h/w sales and support etc. But my demonstrable network experience is from the end of 2000. Surely my project reports would be better coming from the era post 2001?

Many thanks

Shandy
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

George Lombard is a good agent who got us our ACS assessment he is highly recommended on here. It was based on my husbands MCSEs in NT4 and 2000 and CNE (therefore giving him catagory B). It doesnt matter how new they are as long as you have the relevant 6 years experience and good references as the MCSE is not a guarantee of a positive result. I would get a wiggle on though.

Jo
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:24 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
George Lombard is a good agent who got us our ACS assessment he is highly recommended on here. It was based on my husbands MCSEs in NT4 and 2000 and CNE (therefore giving him catagory B). It doesnt matter how new they are as long as you have the relevant 6 years experience and good references as the MCSE is not a guarantee of a positive result. I would get a wiggle on though.

Jo
Hi Jo,

You're too kind :-)

But you're right that people should be getting a wriggle on if they're relying on a certification, I understand that ACS will be removing that option shortly, and effectively forcing anyone with only a certification basis to do RPL or get a formal qualification in IT.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

The ACS reserve the right to make minor changes to the guidelines without notice. One such change has been to request project reports where a qualification relied on is recent whereas project reports initially were just for RPL applicants. Your application was processed over a year ago, Jo, so your information is correct for applications made around that time however, it now does matter how new your qualifications are.

Tony

Originally Posted by joho

Jo