Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Newbie - Pls help with my RRV 155 application!!

Wikiposts

Newbie - Pls help with my RRV 155 application!!

Old Jun 28th 2014, 3:53 am
Just Joined

AussieNikki is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Newbie - Pls help with my RRV 155 application!!

Hi all

I'm new to this site and found it while trying to find some information on backing up my application.

Background - I moved to Australia in 1993 with family and we were granted permenant residency (not sure when as I was only 10) My step sister along with her family and my step brother along with his family have all immirgated out to Australia and my boyfriend is also living in Australia. He is a citizen and I actually met him at school in 1996 when I lived there. I am now wanting to move back to Australia because of these ties and am in the process of doing my application for an RRV.

I am just about to start writing my statements and need some assistance. It states in question 25 - Do you have any substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties with Australia which are of benefit to Australia? now I want to state obviously the ties I have with my partner and family but how do I provide evidence of this?

Also having to provide a statement describing the reasons I left Australia in 2004 and providing evidence of this also. Now I can provide reasons in that I left Australia because all my family were in the UK, but I'm not sure how I evidence this.

Has anyone else been through something similar with this type of visa and could possibly assist?

I've also contacted my old recruitment agency to see if they could register me on their books. I figured if I could provide the immigration dept with evidence that I'm doing something to find work before I get there then that would go in my favour. They have advised that although they cannot gaurentee work (understandably) that they will register me once I arrive back in Australia.

Finding this whole process very daunting and scary. All I want is to be with my family and my boyfriend, but want to make sure I do this application correctly first time.

Also, I only have until Sept to get this applied for and approved due to me leaving Australia 10 years ago. I spoke to the immigration dept who advised I wouldnt be able to apply for this visa after that time, so I need to get this right first time. I did go back on holiday in May and not sure if that will make any difference.

Apologies for rambling on, but just want to make sure I'm doing this all correctly.

Thanks
Old Jun 28th 2014, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - Pls help with my RRV 155 application!!

I wasn't too worried until right at the end you said you went back for a visit in May. Did you use a tourist visa for that? If so, it possibly cancelled your permanent visa and might make this a lot harder.

In terms of your evidence, why don't you just provide the names and details of your family members? Not sure about the partner, it sounds like you have only seen him once in ten years.. or maybe you just need to explain this better.

I am not aware of any ten year rule. You were either misinformed or this is brand new. I have seen RRVs being granted in much flimsier cases, but as I say that trip in May might be the deal breaker as your PR needs to be intact for you to get a RRV.

Worse that can happen is you are declined though, so you should definitely give it a shot. I would use an agent to help with the application.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 1:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AussieNikki
Background - I moved to Australia in 1993 with family and we were granted permenant residency (not sure when as I was only 10) My step sister along with her family and my step brother along with his family have all immirgated out to Australia and my boyfriend is also living in Australia. He is a citizen and I actually met him at school in 1996 when I lived there. I am now wanting to move back to Australia because of these ties and am in the process of doing my application for an RRV.

I am just about to start writing my statements and need some assistance. It states in question 25 - Do you have any substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties with Australia which are of benefit to Australia? now I want to state obviously the ties I have with my partner and family but how do I provide evidence of this?

Also having to provide a statement describing the reasons I left Australia in 2004 and providing evidence of this also. Now I can provide reasons in that I left Australia because all my family were in the UK, but I'm not sure how I evidence this.

Have you read the requirements for a resident return visa:
Visa Options

You were in Australia for 11 years, including some years as an adult - did you not want to become an Australian citizen in that time?

Did your family return to the U.K. before 2004?

Even if you can't get an RRV, you might be eligible for a spouse/partner visa (although an RRV is preferable).
Old Jun 29th 2014, 8:40 am
Just Joined

AussieNikki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JAJ

Yes I did want to become an Australian Citizen, but my mum couldnt afford to do it. When I was in a position to do it myself, I was then returning to the UK, I tried to apply for citizenship, but I had to remain in Australia for 12 months. I had already booked my flights and shipping etc and it was in 9 months.

My mum returned to the UK before 2004, yes, 10 months before I moved back.

Yes my partner and I have looked into that option also. However, we dont want to be forced to marry in 9 months. We want to do it our own way and in our own time. But yes we do know thats an option for us also.

Thanks again for your reply