Wikiposts

New Zealander sponsoring a brit

Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Zealander sponsoring a brit

Hello

Have just embarked on the moving to australia bit, currently I reside in Auckland with kiwi hubby and he has been offered a job near fremantle, now he doesnt have to do the visa thing but I do (again)

Now I have read that eligible new zealand citizens can sponsor someone for a visa (subvisa 309 I think) but on the forms it says that he has to provide payslips, proof of living in Australia etc, but he doesnt live there will a job offer letter do

Any other tips will be gratefully recieved....preferably an idiots guide (me being the idiot of course) to the visa

Thanks

Dawn

PS I have a 101 other questions going thru my head but this is the main one to start with
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:46 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealander sponsoring a brit

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Hello

Have just embarked on the moving to australia bit, currently I reside in Auckland with kiwi hubby and he has been offered a job near fremantle, now he doesnt have to do the visa thing but I do (again)

Now I have read that eligible new zealand citizens can sponsor someone for a visa (subvisa 309 I think) but on the forms it says that he has to provide payslips, proof of living in Australia etc, but he doesnt live there will a job offer letter do
Firstly - are you sure he is an "eligible" New Zealand citizen to begin with:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1162.pdf

Secondly, any option for you to get NZ citizenship? How long have you been in New Zealand?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
Firstly - are you sure he is an "eligible" New Zealand citizen to begin with:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1162.pdf

Secondly, any option for you to get NZ citizenship? How long have you been in New Zealand?
only 18 mths so unfortunately not long enough

I have actually had a reply from the aussie embassy which points me in the right direction as I was looking at wrong visa type, he can sponsor me now on sub visa 416 which i have been looking at but thanks for answer JAJ
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I have actually had a reply from the aussie embassy which points me in the right direction as I was looking at wrong visa type, he can sponsor me now on sub visa 416 which i have been looking at but thanks for answer JAJ
You mean the 461 visa.
Are you aware that it's only a temporary visa? - not permanent.

What occupation do you both have? Can you get permanent residence that way?

At the very least you should not leave New Zealand until you have your Indefinite Returning Resident Visa, as otherwise if something goes wrong in Australia you may have nowhere to go other than back to the U.K.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
You mean the 461 visa.
Are you aware that it's only a temporary visa? - not permanent.

What occupation do you both have? Can you get permanent residence that way?

At the very least you should not leave New Zealand until you have your Indefinite Returning Resident Visa, as otherwise if something goes wrong in Australia you may have nowhere to go other than back to the U.K.
oops 461 is what I meant/my RRV is due up in march so plan to get my IRRV first

Am aware that its a temporary (How long for etc I will read later as havent yet read thru properly as am at work and they dont know yet) so will have a proper read tonight when at home

I am a simple little office/call centre worker and hubby is a cabinet maker/CAD operator
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

oops 461 is what I meant/my RRV is due up in march so plan to get my IRRV first

Am aware that its a temporary (How long for etc I will read later as havent yet read thru properly as am at work and they dont know yet) so will have a proper read tonight when at home

I am a simple little office/call centre worker and hubby is a cabinet maker/CAD operator
The wiki article may help:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/461_visa