Wikiposts

New Zealand immigration

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Benji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand immigration

Hello,
On the NZ residence info form it says that residence visa are granted outside NZ. Is this incorrect wording, because it also specifies that higher points are granted if you have an offer of a job in NZ, or have been working in NZ.

I would like to apply for residency. I am currently in NZ on a working holiday visa. I have an offer of a job. Is it possible for me to apply for residency from within NZ?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:57 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Zealand immigration

Originally Posted by Benji
Hello,
On the NZ residence info form it says that residence visa are granted outside NZ. Is this incorrect wording, because it also specifies that higher points are granted if you have an offer of a job in NZ, or have been working in NZ.

I would like to apply for residency. I am currently in NZ on a working holiday visa. I have an offer of a job. Is it possible for me to apply for residency from within NZ?

Thanks.
Hi Benji, you might want to post NZ queries in the New Zealand forum, I don't know why, it just seems more are seen there.

You can apply for residency whilst visiting NZ and if you've a job offer that meets the requirements it will get you more points.

I think the wording on the residence info means it CAN be granted outside NZ, so that you don't have to be there to get it.

If you look at this link http://www.immigration.govt.nz you'll find loads of info, alternatively you could call into any immigration office in NZ, they'll be able to give you all the bumph you need. Sorry the link won't hyperlink, you'll need to cut and paste it into your address bar.

There's tons of info on the NZ forum - particularly on this link, which you'll find in the Really Useful Thread: http://www.thisisfengshui.com/expats/home.htm

Good luck and just shout out if you need any more info, there's always someone on that forum that knows the answers! Jan