Wikiposts

New tact - Pro's/Con's please

Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough
Default New tact - Pro's/Con's please

After numerous conversations with various agents regarding our ineligibility for different visa types, we have decided on a new tact as we are so desperate to leave the UK for Australia.

The new tact is:
Partner to study for new career (could be one currently on MODL but not necessarily so) for 2 years on student visa, this will allow me (and her if she so wishes) to work max of 20 hours during term time and unlimited during non-term time. During the 2 years on student visa I look for work and a willing sponsor for a more permanent type of visa in my current role as Env Health & Safety Manager (no degree hence visa problems!). By the time the 2 years are up we will both have turned 40 so if nothing comes up for us we intend to move on to another country, NZ if poss but could be anywhere

We are prepared to take the risk, are self funding, kid free and feel if we dont do this now then we will forever regret it.

Has anyone done something similar, did it work out as you planned? If not was it worth the risk of packing up your life and living your dream for 2 years?

I would like people's views/comments/experiences on our plan, all are welcome good or bad.

Thanks

TP
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:56 am
Emily

Default Re: New tact - Pro's/Con's please

I say go for it! Trust me, I understand your reservations about
"starting anew". I weigh things out to death myself. But when you
really think about it, life is too short not to give it a try! What's
the worst that can happen? Now, if the worst actually DOES happen, can
you deal with that? Nothing's permanent anyway. You may live in
Australia during those first 2 years and realize that you would rather
live somewhere else or even the UK again.

I'm trying to move to Australia as well and it's been very
difficult...long story. Anyway...sometimes...okay a lot of times...I
question if it is logical to move to Australia. And you know, it
probably isn't logical. But my heart tells me to go to AUS and give it
a shot! And when your heart speaks that loudly, I think that your brain
should listen to it.
(I know that's a little cheesy, but I want to live my life with some
passion and guts, ya know?!?)

I wish you all the luck with which ever choice you make!

Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:37 pm
Pigzmickey

Is the SIR visa route an option?

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pigzmickey
Is the SIR visa route an option?

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net
Believe me we have tried every possible route, the problem is that I dont have a degree so I cant get a positive skills assessment in my SOL and if I go for a 40 point SOL then I aint got enough points to do anything.

We have been informed that if I get an australian company to sponsor me I dont have to have my skills assessed (please let this be true) so points arent necessary but we will confirm this before selling up and leaving the UK.

TP
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trainee_pilot
Believe me we have tried every possible route, the problem is that I dont have a degree so I cant get a positive skills assessment in my SOL and if I go for a 40 point SOL then I aint got enough points to do anything.

We have been informed that if I get an australian company to sponsor me I dont have to have my skills assessed (please let this be true) so points arent necessary but we will confirm this before selling up and leaving the UK.

TP
I hope you have spoken to alot of good agents with regards to your case as generally where there is a will there is a way.

Dont give up even a job you used to have counts you know.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nicola411
I hope you have spoken to alot of good agents with regards to your case as generally where there is a will there is a way.

Dont give up even a job you used to have counts you know.
lol, i have been through the agents on here and even some others who arent. Been trying for the last 2 years so getting to the end of the list of 'wills & ways'.

We won't give up as we are committed to going and even if its only for 2 years on a student visa, at least we tried it.

TP
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trainee_pilot
After numerous conversations with various agents regarding our ineligibility for different visa types, we have decided on a new tact as we are so desperate to leave the UK for Australia.

The new tact is:
Partner to study for new career (could be one currently on MODL but not necessarily so) for 2 years on student visa, this will allow me (and her if she so wishes) to work max of 20 hours during term time and unlimited during non-term time. During the 2 years on student visa I look for work and a willing sponsor for a more permanent type of visa in my current role as Env Health & Safety Manager (no degree hence visa problems!). By the time the 2 years are up we will both have turned 40 so if nothing comes up for us we intend to move on to another country, NZ if poss but could be anywhere

We are prepared to take the risk, are self funding, kid free and feel if we dont do this now then we will forever regret it.

Has anyone done something similar, did it work out as you planned? If not was it worth the risk of packing up your life and living your dream for 2 years?

I would like people's views/comments/experiences on our plan, all are welcome good or bad.

Thanks

TP
There is a family who are flying out in a week or so who are going this route. The only way they can get to Aus is by both husband and wife becoming hairdressing students for two years. They have two children - 15 and 13 and a dog, have sold the house and giving it a go.

They are planning on it all working out, but if they end up going back to the UK after two years it will have been a great experience.

Paul can't get on here much because no internet but I will try and find some of his posts about this route.

Edit: Just did a quick search. He's a lovely bloke but he doesn't half talk! Do a search under username Paul2004. It may take a while! He was a london cabbie btw. If you want to pm or e-mail him, bearing in mind he might not be able to get back to you for a few weeks, he now posts under the name Paul&Nic. I know he will be very happy to help you as much as he can.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 17th 2006 at 6:50 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There is a family who are flying out in a week or so who are going this route. The only way they can get to Aus is by both husband and wife becoming hairdressing students for two years. They have two children - 15 and 13 and a dog, have sold the house and giving it a go.

They are planning on it all working out, but if they end up going back to the UK after two years it will have been a great experience.

Paul can't get on here much because no internet but I will try and find some of his posts about this route.

Edit: Just did a quick search. He's a lovely bloke but he doesn't half talk! Do a search under username Paul2004. It may take a while! He was a london cabbie btw. If you want to pm or e-mail him, bearing in mind he might not be able to get back to you for a few weeks, he now posts under the name Paul&Nic. I know he will be very happy to help you as much as he can.
Thanks for the tip, will look through his posts and drop him a line.

TP