New SOL and students

Old May 22nd 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New SOL and students

If applying for a 457 visa I believe an employer can be approved within weeks - that's according to the relocation expert at my work. Employee is a few weeks after that.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone managed to get any further info, it is a minefield and nightmare. My daughter is ready to pack up and go home as immigration has told her after the gradute visa she will have to go back to the uk unless she can find a employer sponsor and they nothing about family sponsorship
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

We're back home but our understanding is that employer sponsorship is pretty much the way to go.

I did read about family sponsorship being phased out when we were making our decision about what to do. That said, nothing has been confirmed about that by DIAC.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Has anyone managed to get any further info, it is a minefield and nightmare. My daughter is ready to pack up and go home as immigration has told her after the gradute visa she will have to go back to the uk unless she can find a employer sponsor and they nothing about family sponsorship
Unless by family sponsorship you mean something like the last remaining relative visa, all family sponsorship does is lower the points requirement for a skilled migrant visa. But the applicant has to qualify for the skilled migrant visa in every other way and generally students do not have sufficient work experience for this.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

mandymcqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

I am a student myself and have researched every available option, the best way for us to go is RSMS (regional) as you dont have to do the 1 year job ready program and you can work for minimum wage rather than $45k. As long as your occupation was on the SOL before the changes were made you are eligible to apply.

Hope this helps

Amanda
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks mandymcqueen, do you still have to apply for your graduate visa or just find a regional employer to sponsor you? Sorry for being so vague but this is for my daughter
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That would depend on how quickly you found someone to sponsor you. If you found someone before the end of teh course you could apply for on onshore RSMS visa and then get a bridging visa. Otherwise the 485 will stil be needed to buy time to get that employer.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

mandymcqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes thats right, I had to apply for the 485 but friends that were on the same course didnt they just applied for the RSMS and are now waiting for it to be granted. The trouble I am having is finding a sponsor, I was in the same job since I got here and then when I finished up to have my baby I was replaced and now am struggling to find an employer willing to sponsor, they say its too much hassle. A lot of employers are even advertising the fact they wont sponsor people.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the replies, my daughter is having the same problem of getting a sponsor this is just getting harder