New Skilled Occupation Lists

Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:42 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Skilled Occupation Lists

Originally Posted by George Lombard
ACS has today announced new guidelines for skills assessment which appear to take into account the differential value of IT experience under the new SOL, ENSOL and State SOL.

See http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killassessment .

This will be an important document for onshore graduates and anyone needing a reassessment of an existing ACS assessment, as well as future applicants.

Cheers,

George Lombard
This sounds like good news but Im not really clear on what happens from here.
If someone already has an ACS assesment and 175 visa application with DIAC (since late 2008) against 2231-79 NEC
Now that that ASCO code maps to ANZSCO code 261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec
Will the current application be processed by DIAC or does the individual need to get re-assesed by the ACS and formely be given the new ANZSCO code in someway? and then update DIAC to get things moving?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

AUPOST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve99
This sounds like good news but Im not really clear on what happens from here.
If someone already has an ACS assesment and 175 visa application with DIAC (since late 2008) against 2231-79 NEC
Now that that ASCO code maps to ANZSCO code 261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec
Will the current application be processed by DIAC or does the individual need to get re-assesed by the ACS and formely be given the new ANZSCO code in someway? and then update DIAC to get things moving?
Current applicants will not be impacted. New SOL valid for new applicants.
Having said that , wait until tomorrow and things will clear with 1st July announcement.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

EandE is an unknown quantity at this point

People keep saying that current applicants will not be impacted. That, of course, is not necessarily true. It all depends on the new priority rules, that wil problably be announced in July (although I'm not sure if it will be directly on the first of July?)

For example, it might make sense if DIAC decides that all applicants, including the ones already in the system, with occupations on the new SOL should get priority above the rest. This doesn't mean that current applications with other occupations will be thrown out (especially not until the new law has gone trhough), but it would impact their waiting time.

Of course, this line of reasoning might be wishful thinking on my part as my occupation was on the original SOL, wasn't on the MODL and is now on the new SOL, but we'll have to see. I do agree that the best (and only) thing to do is to wait patiently a bit more...

Last edited by EandE; Jun 30th 2010 at 3:01 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

AUPOST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EandE
People keep saying that current applicants will not be impacted. That, of course, is not necessarily true. It all depends on the new priority rules, that wil problably be announced in July (although I'm not sure if it will be directly on the first of July?)

For example, it might make sense if DIAC decides that all applicants, including the ones already in the system, with occupations on the new SOL should get priority above the rest. This doesn't mean that current applications with other occupations will be thrown out (especially not until the new law has gone trhough), but it would impact their waiting time.

Of course, this line of reasoning might be wishful thinking on my part as my occupation was on the original SOL, wasn't on the MODL and is now on the new SOL, but we'll have to see. I do agree that the best (and only) thing to do is to wait patiently a bit more...
No Changes to GSM applicants prior to1st July as per DIAC announcement.
So no action required from those applicants. Relax and wait for your grant.
Though No priority processing is released yet.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

tonz is just really nicetonz is just really nicetonz is just really nicetonz is just really nicetonz is just really nicetonz is just really nicetonz is just really nicetonz is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: New Skilled Occupation Lists

Hi, just a quick question to george, havent posted on this site for a long time as wasnt sure if we were still going to :but having decided after all the changes to still go ahead, we find that my husband now has only 105 points ???
I have read many of your post over the year and am hoping you can shed a bit of light on the situation for me as we are banging our head on a brick wall, my husband is a carpenter with 19 solid years work history and has completed his vitesses which he passed he is 36 ......any help would be gratefully received
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:51 am
Just Joined

soni.nikunj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BLAS
Hi Everyone,

I read from the DIAC site that the application for Subclass 175, 176 and 475 is temporarily suspended. With the new SOL listing (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO), is the temporary suspension still holds? if yes, what options can be explored?

Looking at Schedule 1 of the Migration Regulation 1994, it has on it 1224-11, does it mean that I can submit to ACS required documents for assessment on that ASCO code? Or I have to use the new ANZSCO code?

Appreciate your advise.
Good new for everyone !!!
DIAC have started accepting applications since this morning on their website..

Nick
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see Computing Professional (nec) in new SOL
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec
is absent in new SOL.

Last edited by imranprogrammer; Jul 1st 2010 at 5:35 am.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:42 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AUPOST
No Changes to GSM applicants prior to1st July as per DIAC announcement.
So no action required from those applicants. Relax and wait for your grant.
Though No priority processing is released yet.
Your completely missing the point, there is nothing happening with a lot of applications, its not a case of just waiting for a grant. I know people that have been waiting nearly 2 years.
What im talking about is how will people that are basically stuck because there ASCO code wasnt on the CSL but via the new mapping it might mean they are now on the new SOL. What do they need to do ?
Re-apply to be re assesed under the new ANZSCO code? or will it automatically get swapped over? etc etc
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Sorry can I just clarift something previously mentioned

I didnt realise that SS are only valid for a certain amount of time

Does this mean I have to have my visa granted within that time or just lodge my app?? My app is already nearly a year old and my SS was granted in Feb, so now a little owrried

Help please??
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Sorry can I just clarift something previously mentioned

I didnt realise that SS are only valid for a certain amount of time

Does this mean I have to have my visa granted within that time or just lodge my app?? My app is already nearly a year old and my SS was granted in Feb, so now a little owrried

Help please??
When people talk of the validity period of SS it means the offer of SS is valid for (say) 6 months until you ACCEPT it. Once you accept it, it is there until the visa is decided.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Thanks Bermudashorts!

Phew, thought I was going to have to re apply!

Time to sit back and wait again....hoping we may be included on SMP and things may pick up a bit

At the end of the day the best things are worth waiting for!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone got any clear idea when they will announce the priorities for processing will now be. I just have this feeling that they are waiting to get their new act through parliament and then old applications where we have jobs that are no longer on the list will be binned. We have now been lodged since Feb 2008, and just want to know one way or the other.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

yoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really niceyoyo333 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dotty3
Has anyone got any clear idea when they will announce the priorities for processing will now be. I just have this feeling that they are waiting to get their new act through parliament and then old applications where we have jobs that are no longer on the list will be binned. We have now been lodged since Feb 2008, and just want to know one way or the other.
Feb 08!!
Why has it taken so long? What is your skill code and visa type I'd you don't mind?
Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by djmjx809
Feb 08!!
Why has it taken so long? What is your skill code and visa type I'd you don't mind?
Thanks
Yes, unfortunately they were really slow processing in 2008, and they had nearly reached our application when the new priority processing rules were brought in. Our visa is for job that is not on CSL, and there wasn't state sponsorship option, so we are back of the queue, and still don't know what is going to happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.