Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New Skilled Occupation List effective 5 December

New Skilled Occupation List effective 5 December

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:36 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of
Default New Skilled Occupation List effective 5 December

Hi all

A new skilled occupation list becomes effective tomorrow - here's a link to it: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/comlaw/Legi...le/10079LI.pdf

The section with the occupations, points and assessing authorities starts on page 5.

TRA has replaced VetAssess as the assessing body for certain occupations on Schedule 2 and 3; and
Medical Technicians nec has been removed from Schedule 4 and a number of occupations added.

A new ENS list which also loses Medical Technicians nec and has additional occupations added takes effect tomorrow:
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/comlaw/Legi...le/10089LI.pdf

The list of occupations starts on page 3.

Best regards

Susan

Last edited by Susan Wareham McGrath; Dec 3rd 2010 at 9:43 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

rebelheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Skilled Occupation List effective 5 December

My friend is a Machinist on a 457 visa, will be applying for 856 visa next year.. Does this new occupational list means that he could no longer apply for ens permanent residency as his occupation's no longer in the list??!! how sad..
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:28 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rebelheart
My friend is a Machinist on a 457 visa, will be applying for 856 visa next year.. Does this new occupational list means that he could no longer apply for ens permanent residency as his occupation's no longer in the list??!! how sad..

Hi Rebelheart

The list that applies to 856 visas is the second one - is he a metal machinist, wood machinist or printing machinist?

Regards
Susan
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi Rebelheart

The list that applies to 856 visas is the second one - is he a metal machinist, wood machinist or printing machinist?

Regards
Susan
a metal machinist...
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

I've had a look at the list again.. there is a metal machinist, oh wow.. now, I feel better.. Thanks Susan..
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 11:23 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Originally Posted by rebelheart
I've had a look at the list again.. there is a metal machinist, oh wow.. now, I feel better.. Thanks Susan..
Glad to hear it Rebelheart!

Cheers
S
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:44 am
Banned

canadian1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I dont see this file on the DIAC website. Where did you get this file?

Secondly, if we are about to nominate carpentry(for visa 176), do we have to use the services of TRA as opposed to Vetasses ?

Thirdly, will this new list change again in July 2011 as the new points system does not award points for your nominated occupation?i see 60 points are being
awarded against carpentry.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:02 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Originally Posted by canadian1021
Hi,
I dont see this file on the DIAC website. Where did you get this file?

Secondly, if we are about to nominate carpentry(for visa 176), do we have to use the services of TRA as opposed to Vetasses ?

Thirdly, will this new list change again in July 2011 as the new points system does not award points for your nominated occupation?i see 60 points are being
awarded against carpentry.
Hi Canadian

DIAC rarely provides information in advance, or at the time a change becomes effective. Its website should be updated within the next week or so, though.

The file came from a site called Comlaw. Comlaw is is maintained by the Australian Attorney-General's Department and incorporates Australia's Federal Register of Legislative Instruments, which relates to the two new lists:
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/

If you are about to nominate carpentry, you will need to use whichever assessment body is allocated to your occupation at the time you apply. If you apply during the life of the SOL that takes effect tomorrow, you will need to use TRA.

The list will need to change in July, because as you've identified, there will be no points allocated to occupations. However, it could change before that time - its status is entirely dependent on Australian migration law and policy, which changes very frequently.

I hope the above information is useful.

Best regards
Susan
Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:18 am
Banned

canadian1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right now time in australia is 2:44 december 4th. Can I still apply to vetassess?

Vetassess says applicants from india should apply to vetassess instead of TRA. Does the new rule override the old rule?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused. Have they added loads of the jobs that they had removed back on again?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I'm confused. Have they added loads of the jobs that they had removed back on again?
confused!!
being confused is part of AUS. Immigration so welcome to the club!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

an12isha is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: New Skilled Occupation List effective 5 December

Hi

I am confused my husband is a bricklayer has been assessed through vetasse in may 2010. Lodged 176 family sponsor application on the 16/08/2010 how does this effect us do we now have to get his skill re assessed by tra or does this new assessment only apply to applications lodged from today please advise.

Thanks
Anisha
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:42 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing on the immi site yet?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

beans is an unknown quantity at this point

im a chef on this schedule 1 i have wa ss were does this leave me now so confused unreal
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by an12isha
Hi

I am confused my husband is a bricklayer has been assessed through vetasse in may 2010. Lodged 176 family sponsor application on the 16/08/2010 how does this effect us do we now have to get his skill re assessed by tra or does this new assessment only apply to applications lodged from today please advise.

Thanks
Anisha
No, if you have already applied for a visa then you do not need to redo the skills assessment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.