British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   New rule of Australia immigration.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/new-rule-australia-immigration-668507/)

sherry9oct May 17th 2010 6:57 am

New rule of Australia immigration....

As I look at the new immigration requirements for Skilled Independent visas (175). Total points required are 120. If I get max point from every section then

1.Age=30 points
2.English Language Ability (straight 6) =15 points
3.Nominated Occupation on SOL List= 60 points
4.Employment Experience= 10 points
5. Partner Skills (not married so)=0 points
6. State/Territory Government Nominated (176 or 475 visa)(As applied for 175 then) = 0 points

Total:115

So i should apply for Skilled Sponsored visas (176) or get straight 7 on IELTS.

Dont you think that with out MODL the rule seems to be very strict. What do you think what should i do. Is skill sponsorship easy my occupation is on the list of few states but I just changed my job in my assignment form Engineers Australia i am Telecom Engineer but now i have changed my job to SAP which is also on states list but as my nominated occupation will be different then what i will be applying on what should i do? Should i show telecom degree with 3 year experience and new job in sap? what will happen to my case?

mehdivk May 17th 2010 7:00 am

Re: New rule of Australia immigration....

Originally Posted by sherry9oct (Post 8569778)
As I look at the new immigration requirements for Skilled Independent visas (175). Total points required are 120. If I get max point from every section then

1.Age=30 points
6. State/Territory Government Nominated (176 or 475 visa)(As applied for 175 then) = 0 points

Dont you think that with out MODL the rule seems to be very strict. What do you think what should i do. Is skill sponsorship easy my occupation is on the list of few states but I just changed my job in my assignment form Engineers Australia i am Telecom Engineer but now i have changed my job to SAP which is also on states list but as my nominated occupation will be different then what i will be applying on what should i do? Should i show telecom degree with 3 year experience and new job in sap? what will happen to my case?

dear sherry9oct,
what is your native language , perhaps you can use 5 point of community language , for example my native language is Farsi and i can use 5 point of community language

sherry9oct May 17th 2010 9:18 am

i am from Pakistan so i think i will get 5 points for Urdu but for that i have to take an exam which is not available in Pakistan some test like NATI. So there are three options now.

1.Apply for 176 state sponsor but there is confusion as i explaned in my last thread
2.Nati for Urdu
3.IELTS score of straight 7.

Which step should i take? I want to take 2 if someone clears my confusion.

gr8leo87 May 17th 2010 9:36 am

Originally Posted by sherry9oct (Post 8570023)
i am from Pakistan so i think i will get 5 points for Urdu but for that i have to take an exam which is not available in Pakistan some test like NATI. So there are three options now.

1.Apply for 176 state sponsor but there is confusion as i explaned in my last thread
2.Nati for Urdu

your best bet is IELTS 7s.

sherry9oct May 17th 2010 10:20 am

Thanks

gillgee Jul 27th 2010 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by sherry9oct (Post 8570116)
Thanks

Sherry...

My Designated Language Requirement is "MET".

Now the decision is in your own hands...

I just submitted School certificate and above all its our mother tongue.

U know Native English speaking countries are IELTS free everywhere in the world.....

gillgee Jul 27th 2010 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mehdivk (Post 8569786)
dear sherry9oct,
what is your native language , perhaps you can use 5 point of community language , for example my native language is Farsi and i can use 5 point of community language

Dear

How did u claimed ur community language points??If u have applied

foha2012 Jul 27th 2010 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by sherry9oct (Post 8570023)

2.Nati for Urdu

Try getting straight 7s in IELTS.

Cheers,

TAA

gillgee Jul 27th 2010 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by foha2012 (Post 8732903)
Try getting straight 7s in IELTS.

Cheers,

TAA

that's not an easy option for a Pakistani student without O,A Levels...

Bermudashorts Jul 27th 2010 9:28 pm

1.Age=30 points

Do whichever you prefer. How can we answer this for you, there is no right and wrong answer to the question.

I am puzzled that you talk about being a telecom engineer and also something to do with SAP? Are you sure you have a good strategy for this application and meet the requirements.

sherry9oct Jul 28th 2010 5:11 am

If i apply before Dec 2010 then my application is fine. i have to show 12 months of experience out of 24 months at the time of apply. i have seen people with the same situation who got there PR but it was when MODL points were not revoked.I said that i am not married just to know that was there any other way through which i can apply because if i use 5 points for my wife i have to apply for her assessment which will take time so i didnt wanted to loss time.

Dorothy Jul 28th 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by sherry9oct (Post 8733680)
If i apply before Dec 2010 then my application is fine. i have to show 12 months of experience out of 24 months at the time of apply. i have seen people with the same situation who got there PR but it was when MODL points were not revoked.I said that i am not married just to know that was there any other way through which i can apply because if i use 5 points for my wife i have to apply for her assessment which will take time so i didnt wanted to loss time.

Sorry, you applied for a visa as unmarried but now you want to add your wife's skills? Were you married at the time you applied?

sherry9oct Jul 28th 2010 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8734037)
Sorry, you applied for a visa as unmarried but now you want to add your wife's skills? Were you married at the time you applied?

no

anushamacharla Jul 28th 2010 9:12 am

1.Age=30 points

Hi yaa,
This is Anu an Indian pursuing masters in construction management from UK on hearing that there are lots of opportunities for us in australia am planing to switch on directly from this english speaking country an u pls tell me what are the requirements i need to fulfill to enter Australia.thankQ

sherry9oct Jul 28th 2010 10:23 am

My wife old IELTS score is 4.5 but she will require 6 for immigration if i am to score points on her behalf she needs to score 6 lets say if she dont score 6 then is there any option for like LECOS for her.