Wikiposts

New procedures - i.e. interviews...

Old May 6th 2002, 11:30 pm
Zdravko Stoyano

Default New procedures - i.e. interviews...

Dear all,

Today many people dreaming to immigrate in Australia are more or less disappointed
from the decisions taken by DIMIA. I don't want do argue with anybody concerning the
points rise, but I'm little bit confused from the Minister's fact sheet 25. In the
"background" chapter it is noticed that: "As a result, the Department now emphasizes
integrity issues, including interviewing applicants, particularly Skilled-Independent
applicants who cannot rely on the support of a sponsor. This ensures applicants have
made adequate financial and employment search arrangements for their initial period
in Australia. The interviews also ensure applicants are informed of the two-year wait
for welfare benefits and provide them with information about the Australian labor
market." Is that means all candidates will intend interviews? If not, which are the
selection criteria? Where the interviews will be held, when (in which point of the
process), who will conduct them? George, Allan, JAJ could you provide us some sample
questionnaire with the possible questions? And at last: if the application is lodged
in Adelaide before 08th of May, will the new procedure affect those applicants? Will
DIMIA ask about the amount of money you are settling with to Australia?

I would like to thank you in advance for your answers!

Regards,

Zaggy

Old May 7th 2002, 12:30 am
Bob Hume

Default Re: New procedures - i.e. interviews...

My heart initially sank when I heard the points went up as I am only claiming 110,
however, I came back off the ceiling when I read "it will effect only those lodging
on or after may 8th"

As far as the "interview" is concerned I think the authorities are being very
sensible and making sure that skilled immigrants are left in no doubt that they'll
get NO state help for the first two years in OZ, so plan for the worst. We're all
trying to get in on a "skill" ticket in the hope that we'll all land a job fairly
quickly but OZ hasn't been immune from the economic downturn that's affected
everywhere, particularly in the IT sector, you just need to check the job boards to
see that. I live in the U.S. where the IT sector has been hit REALLY hard and I've
seen skilled oversees workers on sponsored work visa's "shipped" back to where they
came from for lack of work.

Put yourselve in the authorities position, you interview someone moving to OZ, they
have no job, no family there ,no where to live, $10,000 in their pocket and, the jobs
market stinks ?.

After saying all that I hope your visa application goes well.

Good luck.

Bob

"Zdravko Stoyanov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Dear all,
    >
    > Today many people dreaming to immigrate in Australia are more or less disappointed
    > from the decisions taken by DIMIA. I don't want do argue with anybody concerning
    > the points rise, but I'm little bit confused from the Minister's fact sheet 25. In
    > the "background" chapter it is noticed that: "As a result, the Department now
    > emphasizes integrity issues, including interviewing applicants, particularly
    > Skilled-Independent applicants who cannot rely on the support of a sponsor. This
    > ensures applicants have made adequate financial and employment search arrangements
    > for their initial period in Australia. The interviews also ensure applicants are
    > informed of the two-year wait for welfare benefits and provide them with
    > information about the Australian labor market." Is that means all candidates will
    > intend interviews? If not, which are the selection criteria? Where the interviews
    > will be held, when (in which point of the process), who will conduct them? George,
    > Allan, JAJ could you provide us some sample questionnaire with the possible
    > questions? And at last: if the application is lodged in Adelaide before 08th of
    > May, will the new procedure affect those applicants? Will DIMIA ask about the
    > amount of money you are settling with to Australia?
    >
    > I would like to thank you in advance for your answers!
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    >
    > Zaggy

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old May 9th 2002, 11:20 pm
Jaj

Default Re: New procedures - i.e. interviews...

In recent years interviews have not been common under the skilled programme, and have
generally only been requested when the applicantion indicates a potential problem
settling in Australia (eg, he says he doesn't plan to bring any money to Australia).

It is unlikely that processing would have been centralised in Adelaide if interviews
were intended to be a major feature of the application process. That said, there's
no reason why they could not ask for an interview in any specific case, and in this
case it would probably take place at the nearest Australian mission.

Jeremy

>On 7 May 2002 02:55:28 -0700, [email protected] (Zdravko Stoyanov) wrote:

>Dear all,
    >
    >Today many people dreaming to immigrate in Australia are more or less disappointed
    >from the decisions taken by DIMIA. I don't want do argue with anybody concerning the
    >points rise, but I'm little bit confused from the Minister's fact sheet 25. In the
    >"background" chapter it is noticed that: "As a result, the Department now emphasizes
    >integrity issues, including interviewing applicants, particularly
    >Skilled-Independent applicants who cannot rely on the support of a sponsor. This
    >ensures applicants have made adequate financial and employment search arrangements
    >for their initial period in Australia. The interviews also ensure applicants are
    >informed of the two-year wait for welfare benefits and provide them with information
    >about the Australian labor market." Is that means all candidates will intend
    >interviews? If not, which are the selection criteria? Where the interviews will be
    >held, when (in which point of the process), who will conduct them? George, Allan,
    >JAJ could you provide us some sample questionnaire with the possible questions? And
    >at last: if the application is lodged in Adelaide before 08th of May, will the new
    >procedure affect those applicants? Will DIMIA ask about the amount of money you are
    >settling with to Australia?
    >
    >I would like to thank you in advance for your answers!
    >
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >
    >Zaggy