New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Old Nov 11th 2010, 12:52 pm
  #16  
 
newjersey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,514
newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by PW1 View Post
So from what I can work out, they will be assigning points to job related (trade qualifications) nearer the time?
there will be no occupation-related points, only experience-related points.
newjersey is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:58 pm
  #17  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 53
alpinev18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

I presumed that Accountant will still in the list by 1/07/2011. Here is my points :

Age - 25 points
English (Band 7) - 10 points
Overseas Work Experience - 8/10 years - 15 points
Bachelor Degree - 15 points
Australian Qualification - 5 points

25+10+15+15+5 = 70 points ?

So Easy, Sure ?
alpinev18 is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:19 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by alpinev18 View Post
I presumed that Accountant will still in the list by 1/07/2011. Here is my points :

Age - 25 points
English (Band 7) - 10 points
Overseas Work Experience - 8/10 years - 15 points
Bachelor Degree - 15 points
Australian Qualification - 5 points

25+10+15+15+5 = 70 points ?

So Easy, Sure ?
Yes, as easy as that.
capetosydney is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 2:58 am
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 35
alikhi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

How about the Sponsership by family ? . They have removed the 176 family sponsership ? .can we apply for a family relative sponsership onshore?. how can we claim 10 point.
alikhi is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:13 am
  #20  
Forum Regular
 
sweetyogesh420's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 44
sweetyogesh420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Hello friends,

It is a very good point system focusing on experience/ age/ qualification. But the english language points systems seems weird. No points for ielts 6 in each wow. I got 8 overall and 8 bands in each except in writing in which i got 6.5. and i won't be getting any points for ielts as if i am not proficient in English according to new rules. The policy makers should have learn something from canadian immigration program in which the language points are awarded for each different module of ielts. 'In each' criteria is not the way to decide the english proficiency anyway.
sweetyogesh420 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:18 am
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
amitmi2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by sweetyogesh420 View Post
Hello friends,

It is a very good point system focusing on experience/ age/ qualification. But the english language points systems seems weird. No points for ielts 6 in each wow. I got 8 overall and 8 bands in each except in writing in which i got 6.5. and i won't be getting any points for ielts as if i am not proficient in English according to new rules. The policy makers should have learn something from canadian immigration program in which the language points are awarded for each different module of ielts. 'In each' criteria is not the way to decide the english proficiency anyway.
Hi

Experience will be counted for experience in which professions?
I have 5yrs exp as Oracle DBA .
So will I get the 10 points for the same or the old SOL will be used

Thanks
amitmi2 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:22 am
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
sweetyogesh420's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 44
sweetyogesh420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by amitmi2 View Post
Hi

Experience will be counted for experience in which professions?
I have 5yrs exp as Oracle DBA .
So will I get the 10 points for the same or the old SOL will be used

Thanks
you can use old sol only if you are under transitional arrangements or applying for state sponsorship/ENS.
sweetyogesh420 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:27 am
  #23  
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 448
gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by PW1 View Post
So from what I can work out, they will be assigning points to job related (trade qualifications) nearer the time?
What about people who have had less than 3 years work experience?

I think this is supposed to target more experienced lobby
gr8leo87 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:21 am
  #24  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 632
peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Cool Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

I would say, stop talking and act fast..after all this change will come to effect on or after 1 July 2011 so all of us have enough time don't we?

get this thing done with the existing points table than worrying for something which i going t come on next year

we all have about good 8 months ahead of us before this change tkae place..
peaceboy is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:13 pm
  #25  
Waiting .....
 
foha2012's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 472
foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by peaceboy View Post
I would say, stop talking and act fast..after all this change will come to effect on or after 1 July 2011 so all of us have enough time don't we?

get this thing done with the existing points table than worrying for something which i going t come on next year

we all have about good 8 months ahead of us before this change tkae place..
guys,

I am not making 65 points ! So I guess I have to act fast and get this SMP thing done and apply before then !. Guess I will be safe If I applied before July 11? or is there gonna be another disaster like Feb when you couldn't apply !

Cheers,

TAA
foha2012 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:36 pm
  #26  
Shafaqat Ali
 
shafaqat309's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: From Lahore to Brisbane
Posts: 2,251
shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by foha2012 View Post
guys,

I am not making 65 points ! So I guess I have to act fast and get this SMP thing done and apply before then !. Guess I will be safe If I applied before July 11? or is there gonna be another disaster like Feb when you couldn't apply !

Cheers,

TAA
Get your assessment done and apply immediately, i think u have IELTS 7+ in each, so i guess you will go for 175, right?

Nice Avatar.
shafaqat309 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:44 pm
  #27  
Waiting .....
 
foha2012's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 472
foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 View Post
Get your assessment done and apply immediately, i think u have IELTS 7+ in each, so i guess you will go for 175, right?

Nice Avatar.
Salam Mian saab!

I still dont know why everybody is putting on red flowers.. but I just went by it following your lead !.

Boss, I am trying to borrow enough money to apply for ACT SMP. As I dont have the required funds, any ideas would be appreciated via PM!.

Cheers,

TAA
foha2012 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:49 pm
  #28  
Waiting .....
 
foha2012's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 472
foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Good point, though even if you've studied in Australia for 2 years and gained 1 year of work experience back home and 1 year through the Professional Year programme, you still get 65 points with no English.

age 30 + english 0 + work experience 5 + overseas work experience 5 + bachelor 15 + australian study 5 + professional year 5 = 65 points
Come to think of it, getting 8 on each band is very difficult !. I agree with Umair.

Cheers,

TAA
foha2012 is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:33 pm
  #29  
Fronting the Parole Board
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,462
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by foha2012 View Post
Salam Mian saab!

I still dont know why everybody is putting on red flowers.. but I just went by it following your lead !.

Boss, I am trying to borrow enough money to apply for ACT SMP. As I dont have the required funds, any ideas would be appreciated via PM!.

Cheers,

TAA
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692059
Pollyana is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2010, 4:41 pm
  #30  
Shafaqat Ali
 
shafaqat309's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: From Lahore to Brisbane
Posts: 2,251
shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Salam Mian saab!

I still dont know why everybody is putting on red flowers.. but I just went by it following your lead !.

Boss, I am trying to borrow enough money to apply for ACT SMP. As I dont have the required funds, any ideas would be appreciated via PM!.

Cheers,

TAA
before making any decision, also look at Queensland and WA, could be good choice.
shafaqat309 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.