Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New passport when visa stamped in old passport

Wikiposts

New passport when visa stamped in old passport

Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Exclamation New passport when visa stamped in old passport

Hi all

I got the visa stamped in the old passport and also validated my first entry with the old passport. After the initial entry, I returned to my home country.

Since I had finished the pages in my old passport, have to get a new passport. The question is, do I need to get the visa stamped in the new passport as well or will it be suffice to show the old passport at immigration (Oz) when I re-enter.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Cheers
Govind

Visa granted : 27th March'09
Initial entry : 15th May'09
Planning re-entry : 25th Aug'09
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

miss_india is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New passport when visa stamped in old passport

Originally Posted by Gypsy.
Hi all

I got the visa stamped in the old passport and also validated my first entry with the old passport. After the initial entry, I returned to my home country.

Since I had finished the pages in my old passport, have to get a new passport. The question is, do I need to get the visa stamped in the new passport as well or will it be suffice to show the old passport at immigration (Oz) when I re-enter.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Cheers
Govind

Visa granted : 27th March'09
Initial entry : 15th May'09
Planning re-entry : 25th Aug'09
hi, you dont have to get it re-stamped in your new passport. what you can do is pin them togather(the old and new passport) and you can use it when ever you travel to aussie.just dont forget to carry your old passport along with new one. that is the only thing you have to remember.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: New passport when visa stamped in old passport

Thanks Miss India
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New passport when visa stamped in old passport

When you get here, just take both passports to your nearest DIAC office and they will put a new visa sticker in the new passport so you don't need to carry the old one any more. It's a free service.