New Member Seeking Visa Guidance

Old May 7th 2021, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Davie2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member Seeking Visa Guidance

Hello all,

Ive recently been fortunate enough to be selected for a transfer from my current role within a UK business to our business in Brisbane.

I am just trying to get my head around the applicable visa that my wife and young son would need to gain.

The business I work for have kindly set up a sponsored Visa for me but what I want to know is can my family members be part that visa or will we have to apply separately?

Any help would be appreciated
Old May 7th 2021, 7:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member Seeking Visa Guidance

Originally Posted by Davie2185
Hello all,

Ive recently been fortunate enough to be selected for a transfer from my current role within a UK business to our business in Brisbane.

I am just trying to get my head around the applicable visa that my wife and young son would need to gain.

The business I work for have kindly set up a sponsored Visa for me but what I want to know is can my family members be part that visa or will we have to apply separately?

Any help would be appreciated
Your family would be dependents on your visa. I hope its a permanent one otherwise you will have a fair wait before you can actually get here - unless you are a critical worker, temporary visas are virtually at a standstill right now.

What visa subclass are you looking at?
Old May 7th 2021, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Davie2185 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the advice, the move is permanent so fingers crossed it may be a faster and an government accepted process.

Just out of curiosity if I was travel first and “set up” would they still qualify under my applicable Visa?

Is there average timescales for permanent work sponsored Visa applications to be processed.
Old May 13th 2021, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Scoosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davie2185
Many thanks for the advice, the move is permanent so fingers crossed it may be a faster and an government accepted process.

Just out of curiosity if I was travel first and “set up” would they still qualify under my applicable Visa?

Is there average timescales for permanent work sponsored Visa applications to be processed.
Hi Davie, I dont have experience with this particular visa, but for the partner visa your dependents are listed at the point of application so I imagine it would be acceptable if you turned up at different times, as long as you all were approved on the visa. As I say though, I don't actually know for sure so hopefully someone else with real experience in the matter can advise.
I do have a family member who recently moved over with their wife on a temporary workin visa and they arrived several weeks apart.
Old May 13th 2021, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scoosh
Hi Davie, I dont have experience with this particular visa, but for the partner visa your dependents are listed at the point of application so I imagine it would be acceptable if you turned up at different times, as long as you all were approved on the visa. As I say though, I don't actually know for sure so hopefully someone else with real experience in the matter can advise.
I do have a family member who recently moved over with their wife on a temporary workin visa and they arrived several weeks apart.
If it is a PR visa such as the 189/190, (same with most temp visas like the 482) there is no need to get a Partner Visa. Spouse and child will be dependents on the original 189. They need to be listed in the original application and will be granted visas at the same time, even if they travel slightly later.

OP, what visa class are you applying under?
Old May 15th 2021, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your family would be dependents on your visa. I hope its a permanent one otherwise you will have a fair wait before you can actually get here - unless you are a critical worker, temporary visas are virtually at a standstill right now.

What visa subclass are you looking at?
Permanent visas aren’t much better for offshore applicants at the moment, unfortunately.
Old May 16th 2021, 3:22 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Paul Hand
Permanent visas aren’t much better for offshore applicants at the moment, unfortunately.
True enough. I was hoping maybe they are critical workers, but it doesn't sound very hopeful does it. Could be a very long wait.