New member De-facto proof questions

Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Tom_Kelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member De-facto proof questions

Hi all, firstly let me say I have already tried searching for the answers to these questions but havnt had much luck somethings usually different about the situation or I felt assuming it was correct & relevant to us wasn't worth the risk! We decided a few years ago we wanted to make the move but rather foolishly didn't look into it anymore & just started saving recently however we went to an expo & paid for a visa eligibility & assessment consultation. I'm 24 my partner is 21 & I'm an electrician etc so all good for the 175 n we now know quite a bit more.

However; we've been living together at my parents house for 6months now in order to save money on renting etc but how do we prove this? Iv read a bit about stat decs but don't understand how thy work etc, could we get a backdated 1 or have we now got to get 1 (or more??) & officially "start" the 12month relationship requirement (we've been together 2 1/2 years now & do have some proof of this such as joint invitations & plane tickets etc) Is this what we need? or something else? Written references from each set of parents sayin we are co-habitating at my fathers? we are opening a joint bank account this weekend but obviously don't have any joint bills etc from the house as my father pays them, it's his house after all lol I do pay him upkeep but this is always cash in hand, how do you prove things like this?

Basically put: How do we prove we've lived together for 12months while living at my parents house? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Tom_Kelly; Jan 27th 2011 at 3:57 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all
Default Re: New member De-facto proof questions

Originally Posted by Tom_Kelly
Hi all, firstly let me say I have already tried searching for the answers to these questions but havnt had much luck somethings usually different about the situation or I felt assuming it was correct & relevant to us wasn't worth the risk! We decided a few years ago we wanted to make the move but rather foolishly didn't look into it anymore & just started saving recently however we went to an expo & paid for a visa eligibility & assessment consultation. I'm 24 my partner is 21 & I'm an electrician etc so all good for the 175 n we now know quite a bit more.

However; we've been living together at my parents house for 6months now in order to save money on renting etc but how do we prove this? Iv read a bit about stat decs but don't understand how thy work etc, could we get a backdated 1 or have we now got to get 1 (or more??) & officially "start" the 12month relationship requirement (we've been together 2 1/2 years now & do have some proof of this such as joint invitations & plane tickets etc) Is this what we need? or something else? Written references from each set of parents sayin we are co-habitating at my fathers? we are opening a joint bank account this weekend but obviously don't have any joint bills etc from the house as my father pays them, it's his house after all lol I do pay him upkeep but this is always cash in hand, how do you prove things like this?

Basically put: How do we prove we've lived together for 12months while living at my parents house? Thanks in advance!
Me & my OH submitted our visa early Jan. We have lived with my rents for the past 20 months. We have a joint bank account which is good for joint correspondence but for the time before we opened the account we submitted letters addressed to us individually but to the same address-perhaps this is something you have?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

also rental agreements-do you have one of these from when you started living together?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom_Kelly

Stat Decs from the parents to state that you lived there as a couple, and your father can state in that the fact that you have contributed financially to the upkeep of the household. Also you can include official stuff like bank statements with that address on it - ome in your name, one in your partners, one joint if you have it - that shows you have both lived at the same address at the same time