New to this, looking for a pointer

Old Jun 26th 2020, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

cc0411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to this, looking for a pointer

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some guidance in finding a good, registered migration agent to help guide me through the process of applying for visas etc since I have absolutely no clue what I have to do right now... All I know is I want to get my family to Oz! Hopefully, someone can help.

Thanks!
Old Jun 27th 2020, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this, looking for a pointer

There are some very good Registered Migration Agents in both Australia and the UK. Using an Agent in the same timezone as yourself does have it's advantages, but it is not a deal breaker. Whichever way you go, be sure that you are getting your advice from the RMA and not a salesperson. If there isn't an RMA in the office, then there probably isn't one overseeing your application.
Most of the RMA's who give advice on this forum are very highly regarded. Others worth considering in the UK would be immigration2oz, Concept Australia, Visa-Go, Emigration Group - all have been around for a long time and are owned and operated by RMA's. You will find considerable details about them on their websites, which is what you should expect, rather than just a MARA registration number.
Complete some of the FREE online assessments, then consider the services provided and professional fees charged (the skills assessment, visa lodgement, medicals, etc fees should all be the same). Some of the agents will charge a nominal fee for a full blown one to one telephone or Skype consultation, which is probably worth it if you have specific issues that may need extra consideration and advice.
Having total confidence in the RMA you choose is important, so doing this ground work will help you to achieve that.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 10:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cc0411
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some guidance in finding a good, registered migration agent to help guide me through the process of applying for visas etc since I have absolutely no clue what I have to do right now... All I know is I want to get my family to Oz! Hopefully, someone can help.

Thanks!
Have a look for George Lombard. Often posts on here, and many people on here have used his services, including myself. Highly recommended.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

cc0411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for so much information in the initial response, fantastic content! Thanks.

I'll try and digest some of this and move through it and ask any further questions that come up!
Old Aug 9th 2020, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

trudij is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for asking this and everyone for their answers - I'm very tentatively starting to look at doing it ( Ive done the "fallen in love with a national" thing!!) and we've talked about the future, so I just want to put some feelers out for if its possible for me to up-sticks relatively painlessly and basically just what do we need to keep an eye on making sure we do for the best chance of me being allowed to go out there ( without us getting married straight away!!)