New to Expats

Old May 9th 2008, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Wendy and Colin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to Expats

Hi All

Still need to find my way around this site, but wanted to say hi to everyone and ask a question on behalf of Brother-in-law hoping to make the move in the future.

Here goes.......

My O/H and myself are in the process of applying for our Visa's. Hoping to be out in OZ sooner rather than later!
My Brother-in-law called me last night and announced that he and his partner would like to apply in the near future but he is unsure of a few issues, I was hoping someone might be able to help.

Brother-in-law is early 50's & partner early 30's, not married. He has 2 daughters both with 2 children who will be living in OZ within the next year.

If and when he applies, under what visa will he be eligable??

Will he and his partner stand a better chance Married?? They can prove 5 years of living together but have been together 11 years.

Niether have any qualifications to apply independently but he has mentioned Grandfathers rights???? Not sure what that entails!

Also, can they ship thier vintage MG car over?

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Many thanks

Wendy
Old May 9th 2008, 8:46 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Expats

Hello welcome to the site

Most of your questions would be better placed in the Immigration forum. It would probably be a good idea for your brother in law to contact an agent to see if there is any way in for them.

There's a good search function on the site too, if you look at the top of the page you'll see it - you can search for the answers to most the questions you have.

I don't know the answers to any of those you have asked but thought I'd say hello anyway
Old May 9th 2008, 8:54 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and I'll give you a bump up the que...

Originally Posted by Wendy and Colin
Hi All

Still need to find my way around this site, but wanted to say hi to everyone and ask a question on behalf of Brother-in-law hoping to make the move in the future.

Here goes.......

My O/H and myself are in the process of applying for our Visa's. Hoping to be out in OZ sooner rather than later!
My Brother-in-law called me last night and announced that he and his partner would like to apply in the near future but he is unsure of a few issues, I was hoping someone might be able to help.

Brother-in-law is early 50's & partner early 30's, not married. He has 2 daughters both with 2 children who will be living in OZ within the next year.

Will he and his partner stand a better chance Married?? They can prove 5 years of living together but have been together 11 years.

Niether have any qualifications to apply independently but he has mentioned Grandfathers rights???? Not sure what that entails!

Many thanks

Wendy
Old May 9th 2008, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hello
Old May 9th 2008, 9:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I'm going to copy your post into the immigration section as it seems you may get some visa answers there, and some general answers here.

Mod.
Old May 9th 2008, 1:38 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Hello Wendy and Colin

We are new to the site too, so sorry can't answer your questions. I am sure there will be somone along soon who can.
Old May 10th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

A Migration agent should be able to offer a free consultation to your brother in-law. The main thing is to make sure they are on the Migration Agents Registration Authority list (that means they have a code of practice etc) see www.themara.com.au. It is not important to have an agent near you (ours is on the other side of the country) but they should be able to talk over options with you. We used John Adams and can't fault him so far, he's really done us proud. There are also some agents that contribute to the forums on here, maybe you could ask them too. I hope this helps....if you get a second please check out our petition below it is on behalf of many British Expats.

I hope you get sorted out ok..and welcome to the site.
Old May 10th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Just wanted to welcome you to BE

minibelle
Old May 10th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi, sorry but I can't answer your question but did want to welcome you to BE. I hope you will get the answers that you need as there are some really nice and very helpful people on here.

Kind regards and good luck.

Lou xx
Old May 11th 2008, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough

I think your BIL could apply for a contributory parent visa - if at least 50% of his and his partners child are in OZ - but they have to be 'settled' for him to apply.

Apparently you can ship a car - but contact a shipping info for more details.

Good luck
Old May 11th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to BE

Best advice I could give you is get your brother to contact a MARA registered agent. They will be able to advise of his best option.
Old May 11th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy and Colin
Hi All

Here goes.......

Many thanks

Wendy
Hi guys and welcome.
this is our second visit to BE so we are also new and trying to find our way around. hope you find out the answear you are looking for
Old May 12th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi! Wendy and Colin, We will be watching your thread, as we are in similar circumstances!

Daughter shipped her 4x4 out, two years ago, the cost, £1,100, we helped, and delivered it, to Southampton docks, for her, because she had already left UK, the company, is called, Penguin shipping, in Hampshire. Hope this gives you some idea. Regards Lin