Wikiposts

New Deeming????

Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:41 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Deeming????

I had a failed TRA last april, it said I was qualified but they only counted 1 year out of the 7, experince I calimed for....
does this new deeming date thing, mean I would pass the TRA now?
very confusing!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:19 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Deeming????

Originally Posted by paulf
I had a failed TRA last april, it said I was qualified but they only counted 1 year out of the 7, experince I calimed for....
does this new deeming date thing, mean I would pass the TRA now?
very confusing!
Bump! noone know?
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:50 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Bump! noone know?
Hi Paul,

Are you saying you had only one years' work experience accepted? If you look at the new TRA rules you'll be able to see if you need four, five or six years of study and/or work experience and how many hours of study, if relevant. Obviously you'd need to apply again so you'll need to meet those threshholds before deeming dates come into play.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:05 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul

I dont think experience is necessarily the same thing as the deeming date.

You need to at least have the minimum years experience TRA require.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:15 pm
?????????

Originally Posted by bridiej
Paul

I dont think experience is necessarily the same thing as the deeming date.

You need to at least have the minimum years experience TRA require.
Not what my reply says, It says I AM quailfied, CORGI, BPEC etc, (more qualified than OZ equiv) have 20 years exp, BUT only recognises 1 Year?
clear as mud to me.
You see I have formal qualifactions, BPEC qualified CORGI registerd, so should,nt that be the date required, IE, when I became qualified?
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: New Deeming????

Not what my reply says, It says I AM quailfied, CORGI, BPEC etc, (more qualified than OZ equiv) have 20 years exp, BUT only recognises 1 Year?
clear as mud to me.
You see I have formal qualifactions, BPEC qualified CORGI registerd, so should,nt that be the date required, IE, when I became qualified?

Holy Mother!!! we are applying TRA based on husbands plumbing/gas - was kinda hoping for positive result!!! he is BPEC, Corgi, ACS (ACOPS or whatever), the lot. He started out with City & Guilds about 12 years ago. seems to me, if you dont get it, neither will we!!! *gun to head*
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:06 am

Hmmm, dont know then, might be worth emailing TRA to get a bit more clarity?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:31 am
?????????

Originally Posted by Jacqueline Rooks
Holy Mother!!! we are applying TRA based on husbands plumbing/gas - was kinda hoping for positive result!!! he is BPEC, Corgi, ACS (ACOPS or whatever), the lot. He started out with City & Guilds about 12 years ago. seems to me, if you dont get it, neither will we!!! *gun to head*
No yours will fly through, the problem with mine is no city and guilds.
I,m a Plumber who only went for ACS in 2002 (got pissed off paying gasfitters to commision my work)
so I,m a plumber with no official guilds, only 20 years exp,(ffs)!
So they decided in their wisdom to ignore my Plumbing Exp, and issue on my NEW gasfitting exp which was 2002.
see told ya, clear as Mud.

Last edited by paulf; Feb 10th 2005 at 1:37 am.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:39 am
Account Closed

No yours will fly through, the problem with mine is no city and guilds.
I,m a Plumber who only went for ACS in 2002 (got pissed off paying gasfitters to commision my work)
so I,m a plumber with no official guilds, only 20 years exp,(ffs)!
So they decided in their wisdom to ignore my Plumbing Exp, and issue on my NEW gasfitting exp which was 2002.
see told ya, clear as Mud.

Oh, i see. hope youre right!! but what about you, have you instructed an agent?? ive come across a few on here who sound really whizzy - although, alas, ours isnt one of them!!! LOL
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:48 am
?????????

Originally Posted by Jacqueline Rooks
Oh, i see. hope youre right!! but what about you, have you instructed an agent?? ive come across a few on here who sound really whizzy - although, alas, ours isnt one of them!!! LOL
Lol, i am going to get an agent, simply because it (my tra) was a total balls up, I was very laid back and thought i had covered all the bases.
soon proved me wrong tho, main thing is I did,nt get assesed as a gen plumber but as a gasfitter, BUT even then my Plumbing exp should have counted as associated trade.
In my opinion the TRA are the worst example of red tape i have ever come across, IE, fee was $4 dollars short because of exchage rates.
Now any NORMAL agency would say "send us a cheque, until we recieve that we will not reveal outcome of assesment"
NOT the TRA tho, they say "until we recieve the Fee in total we wont look at the application" thus wasting more time.
the whole agency needs a overhaul.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:51 am
?????????

Lol, i am going to get an agent, simply because it (my tra) was a total balls up, I was very laid back and thought i had covered all the bases.
soon proved me wrong tho, main thing is I did,nt get assesed as a gen plumber but as a gasfitter, BUT even then my Plumbing exp should have counted as associated trade.
In my opinion the TRA are the worst example of red tape i have ever come across, IE, fee was $4 dollars short because of exchage rates.
Now any NORMAL agency would say "send us a cheque, until we recieve that we will not reveal outcome of assesment"
NOT the TRA tho, they say "until we recieve the Fee in total we wont look at the application" thus wasting more time.
Oh yeah, make sure when you do the bank transfer, you must tick the box saying you will pay ALL fees,
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:20 am

Paul - sent you a PM
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:58 am
Account Closed

well im pretty peeved with our agent but i suppose i should wait for assessment result and reserve judgment until then!! its probably just my nerves!!!

as for your TRA, i bet soon as you speak tp a reputable agent they will say no probs - see my thread "which agent" - there are loads recommended on there.

sounds like its gonna be a rollercoaster of a ride! hey bleedin ho