the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

CASPER99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

congratulations bobanne. I bet you are thrilled.

Good luck with the house sale etc.

Do you think that this timenext year, the wait will be longer or shorter for cpv?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:51 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrianJ
Both my wife and I have just sent a our application forms and they have been received in Perth Offshore Parents Centre , just wondering if anyone has any idea how long the process will take to a) get a CO?
b) get the request to get police checks
c) get the request for our medicals ?
Not looking forward to selling our house and removing years and years of accumulations. But the wait will be worth it in the long run as Grandkids growing up so fast.
Brian & Sue
hi brian and sue, welcome to BE. I hope we can help in any way, even if it is to hold each others hand during this process .

in answer to your questions.........
a, b, and c usually happen at the same time. a CO is allocated (or so they tell us), round about the same time as the police checks and medicals are requested. so, you are looking at about 8/9 months after acknowledgement before you hear anything. what date did you get acknowledged? have you sent off your police checks? if you are near the 8/9month mark, i would get them sent off. have you booked the medicals?

ask any questions you may have, somebody may know the answer.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CASPER99
congratulations bobanne. I bet you are thrilled.

Good luck with the house sale etc.

Do you think that this timenext year, the wait will be longer or shorter for cpv?
hi casper. well i have been following the time span on this visa type over the past 2 and half years. we applied for ours, got it, and then submitted my parents. it hasnt really changed in that time span, so i cant see it changing next year?! hope this helps?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by BrianJ
woops I see your from Edinburgh
Hi yes we are from Edinburgh the family live in avoca beach about one and a half hours away from Sydney so we would like to settle around about there.We got the police checks done because we were told it could take about 6 weeks to come through also it will be one less thing to do nearer the time .My family have been over there for 4 years and love it my grandsonreally only knows over there now as he is only 6 years Let us know if you hear anything as its great to know how people are getting on who are in the same boat as us.If you need to know anything just ask the people on hear are very helpful and kind Thanks Jan and Andy
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

Really pleased to have just found this thread as it has answered most of the questions we had!
We have our P.R. visa, and are heading to Brisbane next week. However, my parents are in the process of completing their C.P.V. application, and we have been reading the various charges. Can anyone confirm that my parents will be paying $29000 each as a 2nd application fee? Also, will the AOS be $14,000? We have done a rough calculation that the visa will cost approximately£30,000 between the two of them, is that right or have we misread the fees?

Any info greatly appreciated, Claire
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bobanne
Just to let you all know we have been granted our visa. Sent the passports off to London on Tuesday and received them back today.
So that was almost 15 months from start to finish, we could probably have done it in 14 months but I had a Health Undertaking from to sign and that had to be sent from Australia, and also, we had problems getting our Saudi Police Clearances translated. Now just got to organise flights, etc for our validation trip.

I believe the new visa year if visas are capped starts on July 1

Anne

Congratulations Anne. It is a great feeling to see the visas in the passport. I hope you enjoy your validation trip.

My parents were granted their visas a few days ago. They went up to London and got them stuck in their passports. I was so happy when they told me the news. I was jumping up and down. They have their flights booked now and their belongings are in the ship, on the way here. Brilliantly they should be here for Mother's day, when we are planning a BBQ to celebrate their arrival and also my nephew's first birthday.

Best wishes to you all
Katie
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:45 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunshine dreamer
Really pleased to have just found this thread as it has answered most of the questions we had!
We have our P.R. visa, and are heading to Brisbane next week. However, my parents are in the process of completing their C.P.V. application, and we have been reading the various charges. Can anyone confirm that my parents will be paying $29000 each as a 2nd application fee? Also, will the AOS be $14,000? We have done a rough calculation that the visa will cost approximately£30,000 between the two of them, is that right or have we misread the fees?

Hi Claire

Yes - those figures are the current ones:

$1340 each for 1st VAC

$29330 each for 2nd VAC

Both of the above are non recoverable They are likely to increase at 1 July (start of Australian tax year) but if the application is made prior to that, this year's figures will apply.

$14000 total for couple as AoS - repayable after 10 years less any charges recoverable against the recipients for any Centrelink etc payments to them. This Bond attracts a 6-monthly interest payment - don't get too excited - it is currently approx $150.

Plus, of course, the "incidentals" - medicals, police checks, estate agent for house sale, shippers, flights.............

Good luck

Jim
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:47 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Congratulations Anne. It is a great feeling to see the visas in the passport. I hope you enjoy your validation trip.

My parents were granted their visas a few days ago. They went up to London and got them stuck in their passports. I was so happy when they told me the news. I was jumping up and down. They have their flights booked now and their belongings are in the ship, on the way here. Brilliantly they should be here for Mother's day, when we are planning a BBQ to celebrate their arrival and also my nephew's first birthday.

Best wishes to you all
Katie
Congratulations to your parents, Katie.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:30 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by sunshine dreamer

ask away claire. are your parents doing the application themselves, or using an agent?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:35 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by KatieStar

Best wishes to you all
Katie
ditto to jim on this katie. great news, have a really good mothers day BBQ
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

Jim - Thanks for your reply, very much appreciated. I still cant believe how much it costs for the C.P.V. Just seems very expensive! At least now my parents know how much it is going to cost them.

Sleeping Beauty - My parents are doing their own application, with my help, and the help of B.E. We did enquire about a Migration Agent, but they were charging a fortune!

We (me,husband,toddler + baby) are heading to Brisbane on 29th April. My brother (Aus citizen) is in the process of completing his sponsorship forms, so we will submit all the forms when we arrive in Oz. Then the wait begins!

Claire
Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

hi everyone just popped in to say hi, we applied in september and acknowledged the 11 sept, wonder how much longer we have to wait. I saw someone said they were number 30 in line how do they find that out??
We are off on saturday to brisbane for a month to see daughter and grandchildren. Oh its exciting, but this waiting is a nightmare.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hi everyone
My daughter and her husband told me about this site. They have just emigrated to Brisbane in February. We are thinking of applying for the CPV as soon as we can. Just a bit shocked about the cost though! I have printed off all the info from the immigration website, but nowhere does it make it really clear that the fees are per person.

I know they are non-returnable, but does anyone know if you are only asked to pay the second installment if there is a strong likelihood you will be granted a visa? We will need to sell our house in order to meet the costs. It seems a big gamble to take.

I was also interested to see that some parents had applied before their offspring had been there 2 years. Didn't realise you could do this.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Generally people have to be 'settled' for 2 years before they can sponsor.

If they are also to act as assurer then they will definitely need 2 years tax returns to be eligible.

The fees are per person I'm afraid.

G
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

This thread is really going strong now, and it's great to hear of so many of us taking the plunge even at our advanced age...

The AoS bond has been lodged now and my agent has emailed POPC to ask (nicely) if there's any chance of them granting the visa before I leave on May 13th for 2 weeks in Oz. Sounds as if it will be tight for time, though, from what other people have said here. Oh well, I can while away the time I don't spend chewing my nails by some more creative list-writing. Time so far since application, about 49 weeks, but lost a lot of time with the assurance problem.

All the best to everyone on here, we know it's going to be worth it, don't we??

Nico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.