the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Jul 15th 2007, 3:55 am
  #316  
An Australian Citizen !!
 
Jimclevs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Terrigal - NSW Central Coast since June 2005
Posts: 1,237
Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Cindyloo View Post
Thanks SB,I'm receiving 3 pensions here in UK,(2 Private,1 State)these are paid every month into my bank account.
The 2 Private ones are from company's I've worked for, and will be paid into my new account once we have moved to OZ.
Nooooow i thought the same would apply to my State Pension.....but i could be wrong....? Cindyloo
Hi

............ have just noticed that you already have the form to complete re your Australian account .............. sorry, very late night this morning

Jim
Jimclevs is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:33 am
  #317  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 129
lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

hi linda and keith

yes i do remember you. I was sooo excited to see your name again it was great to see some familiar names still about. it feels an age since i have been able to check out the site. We sold the house in january went into rented, so our stuff was in storage pc etc. Then we arrived here in may and got our container about 2 weeks ago so it as been a long time to be without contact.

We are taking a break before we even think about completed the second part of the visa to become permanant as you can imagine had enough of forms etc. ha ha.

enjoy your grandson i am certainly enjoying being with my three grandchildren!

lorraine
lorraine111 is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:45 pm
  #318  
Forum Regular
 
barbara townend's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 133
barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by ann h View Post
Hi barbara, we sent form 80 with my inlaws application ( we did same with our application ) Its not that bad to fill in you can download it from immi site. we had a bit of a laugh about it, my inlaws are in there 70s and they couldnt remember their parents d.o.b. Im sure its not that important. They couldnt remember exact dates of all employment so put approx dates. Someone did mention in one thread about putting your d.o.b on the part that asks about citizenship, so we did that.Hope this helps
love Ann
Hi Ann h and Mollyflanders,

Thanks for your quick reply, I've already downloaded form 80 and was in the middle of filling it in. I didn't send it with my application because it wasn't mentioned in the check list! I only found out about it because it was mentioned on another website so that was lucky!!

I'm photocopying it at work tomorrow and posting it of to POPC I don't want any delays at this stage. I go for my medicals on Tuesday and I'm terrified mainly about the chest x rays cos I smoked up to 6 years ago so fingers crossed. x barbara
barbara townend is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:56 am
  #319  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 13
ann h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by barbara townend View Post
Hi Ann h and Mollyflanders,

Thanks for your quick reply, I've already downloaded form 80 and was in the middle of filling it in. I didn't send it with my application because it wasn't mentioned in the check list! I only found out about it because it was mentioned on another website so that was lucky!!

I'm photocopying it at work tomorrow and posting it of to POPC I don't want any delays at this stage. I go for my medicals on Tuesday and I'm terrified mainly about the chest x rays cos I smoked up to 6 years ago so fingers crossed. x barbara
Hi Barbara, good luck with your medicals on tuesday Im sure all will be fine. I used to smoke and had given up about 2yrs before my medical, so like you was terrified about x ray. Everything went fine. The medical and x ray arent as bad as we all think.good luck again love Ann
ann h is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:52 am
  #320  
Forum Regular
 
barbara townend's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 133
barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by ann h View Post
Hi Barbara, good luck with your medicals on tuesday Im sure all will be fine. I used to smoke and had given up about 2yrs before my medical, so like you was terrified about x ray. Everything went fine. The medical and x ray arent as bad as we all think.good luck again love Ann
Thanks Ann,

Posted my form 80 as complete and accurate as I could make it keep your fingers crossed for me 9.30 tomorrow xx barbara
barbara townend is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:03 pm
  #321  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,452
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Alan's update for readers of this thread: request for medicals and police clearance certificates (plus Assurance of Support letter) received today for a subclass number 143 applicant whose visa application was lodged on 11/08/2006.

Best regards.
Alan Collett is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:18 pm
  #322  
Never going back
Thread Starter
 
Sleeping Beauty's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: New South Wales!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,656
Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Alan Collett View Post
Alan's update for readers of this thread: request for medicals and police clearance certificates (plus Assurance of Support letter) received today for a subclass number 143 applicant whose visa application was lodged on 11/08/2006.

Best regards.
thanks for the update alan

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Jul 16th 2007 at 12:18 pm. Reason: missed a word, and thats with no alcohol!!!
Sleeping Beauty is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:05 am
  #323  
An Australian Citizen !!
 
Jimclevs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Terrigal - NSW Central Coast since June 2005
Posts: 1,237
Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Hi

"British Pensions in Australia"

For those of you unaware of its existence, the above organisation campaigns for the introduction of index-linking to the UK state pensions payable to those of us in Australia who, along with those expats in Canada, South Africa and New Zealand, are denied this even though these pensions are index-linked in many other countries throughout the world and even though we may have paid full NI contributions throughout our working lives only to be denied annual increases just because we happen to live here and not in UK.

Sorry if that sounded like sales talk - it wasn't intended to be - although I do urge you to join the campaign............. maybe, just maybe, we can help to get this unfair ruling overturned.

Regards

Jim

ps not sure how to get the link on here but a Google search will bring it up for you
Jimclevs is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:21 am
  #324  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cambridge, Limassol - now Oz at "Avoca Beach" NSW
Posts: 300
DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Jimclevs View Post
Hi

"British Pensions in Australia"

For those of you unaware of its existence, the above organisation campaigns for the introduction of index-linking to the UK state pensions payable to those of us in Australia who, along with those expats in Canada, South Africa and New Zealand, are denied this even though these pensions are index-linked in many other countries throughout the world and even though we may have paid full NI contributions throughout our working lives only to be denied annual increases just because we happen to live here and not in UK.

Sorry if that sounded like sales talk - it wasn't intended to be - although I do urge you to join the campaign............. maybe, just maybe, we can help to get this unfair ruling overturned.

Regards

Jim

ps not sure how to get the link on here but a Google search will bring it up for you
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hi Jim
As a matter of interest I heard last week that the campaign is taking a case to the European Courts or something like that. So its worthy of support, not joined yet though!! Give me time!
DerekM is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:01 am
  #325  
An Australian Citizen !!
 
Jimclevs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Terrigal - NSW Central Coast since June 2005
Posts: 1,237
Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hi Jim
As a matter of interest I heard last week that the campaign is taking a case to the European Courts or something like that. So its worthy of support, not joined yet though!! Give me time!
Hello Derek

The website gives full details of Annette Carson's case and it is likely to be heard at the European Court later this year with a (much)higher chance of success than it managed in the UK courts, so much so that there are 10 or so other appellants presenting their case at the same time....I believe.

The equivalent Canadian site appears to be taking the lead in this campaign at the moment - I believe they have a legal presence in London.

Jim
Jimclevs is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:13 am
  #326  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Gloucester,UK
Posts: 129
Cindyloo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Jimclevs View Post
Hi

"British Pensions in Australia"

For those of you unaware of its existence, the above organisation campaigns for the introduction of index-linking to the UK state pensions payable to those of us in Australia who, along with those expats in Canada, South Africa and New Zealand, are denied this even though these pensions are index-linked in many other countries throughout the world and even though we may have paid full NI contributions throughout our working lives only to be denied annual increases just because we happen to live here and not in UK.

Sorry if that sounded like sales talk - it wasn't intended to be - although I do urge you to join the campaign............. maybe, just maybe, we can help to get this unfair ruling overturned.

Regards

Jim

ps not sure how to get the link on here but a Google search will bring it up for you
Thanks alan....thats good to know.

Cindyloo
Cindyloo is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:07 pm
  #327  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cambridge, Limassol - now Oz at "Avoca Beach" NSW
Posts: 300
DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Cindyloo View Post
Thanks alan....thats good to know.

Cindyloo
*********************************************
Alan!!!! Where what and how????????
DerekM is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:17 pm
  #328  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 86
mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

just popped in as its gone quiet again, this waiting does get you down, think we should all at least come on and say hello everyday as we are always looking.
Where is everyone heading when they go, we are going to a suburb of brisbane, my daughter lives in riverhills, i fancy forest lake it is lovely.
Maybe some of you will be quiet near who knows, look forward to hearing from you all.
mollyflanders is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:54 pm
  #329  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Gloucester,UK
Posts: 129
Cindyloo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by mollyflanders View Post
just popped in as its gone quiet again, this waiting does get you down, think we should all at least come on and say hello everyday as we are always looking.
Where is everyone heading when they go, we are going to a suburb of brisbane, my daughter lives in riverhills, i fancy forest lake it is lovely.
Maybe some of you will be quiet near who knows, look forward to hearing from you all.
Like you molly i'm allways looking on here for news and to pick up any tips thats going.
My son and family are leaving here Sept and will be living in Brisbane with his sister,they are hoping to buy once they've find school and jobs ect.
We will be sending our CPV in Sept....then it will be our waiting game....sooooo Sept will be quite an up and down one for us,with a few tears as well. Take care Cindyloo
Cindyloo is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:44 pm
  #330  
Forum Regular
 
barbara townend's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 133
barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by mollyflanders View Post
just popped in as its gone quiet again, this waiting does get you down, think we should all at least come on and say hello everyday as we are always looking.
Where is everyone heading when they go, we are going to a suburb of brisbane, my daughter lives in riverhills, i fancy forest lake it is lovely.
Maybe some of you will be quiet near who knows, look forward to hearing from you all.
What a lovely idea, mollyflanders, Im heading for Castle Hills which is about 25 mins. outside Sydney. Im going to live with my daughter, son in law and 3 grandchildren. Im going out on my own so its very exciting.

Barbara
barbara townend is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.