the new contributory parents visa thread

Old May 23rd 2007, 11:08 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by deci
Thanks everyone for all your kind words on us getting our Visa.
Well done to Jan on getting your CO, a step in the right direction.
Has anyone heard from Derek as it has been a while since he came on here? maybe enjoying himself too much!!.

Best wishes,

Linda and John.
Hi

Fear not - Derek and his wife are currently renting about half a mile from us here in Terrigal.

We are seeing them later this morning by the beach for a cuppa and will pass on your regards.

Jim
Old May 24th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Jimclevs;4822427]Hi

Fear not - Derek and his wife are currently renting about half a mile from us here in Terrigal.

We are seeing them later this morning by the beach for a cuppa and will pass on your regards.

Jim
Hi all, yes I am here and enjoying the sunshine!! Met Jim and Gill this morning for a coffee down by the beach in Terrigal, great pleasure to meet them and have a chat. Arriving here after months and months of waiting is really wonderful but....there is always a but , the first few weeks are hectic even with the cushion of welcoming relatives. I thought we had done a lot of research and preparation beforehand but putting it all into practice is somehow a different matter. You just have to make a list out of the important things and knock em off one by one. We have found the most difficult thing, being deciding where to buy a house and then to find a house we like....we are a bit picky!!! Even the agents have realised that! They dont pass on any rubbish (requiring complete makeovers) anymore! And thats saying something.
Have not really had the time to spare recently to check out the forum but when Jim mentioned that folks were enquiring after us I felt that I should respond. Had a bit of a job finding the new thread!! So had a good run through all the news anyway! Well best wishes to all those who have received their visa's since we did and also to all those still waiting....its worth the effort, time and money. But there is still a big effort when you arrive here, dont think its over once you receive the visa, just different matters to resolve.
Bye for now, gotta go house hunting!
Derek and Anna
Old May 24th 2007, 8:59 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DerekM;4824194]
Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Jim
Hi all, yes I am here and enjoying the sunshine!! Met Jim and Gill this morning for a coffee down by the beach in Terrigal, great pleasure to meet them and have a chat. Arriving here after months and months of waiting is really wonderful but....there is always a but , the first few weeks are hectic even with the cushion of welcoming relatives. I thought we had done a lot of research and preparation beforehand but putting it all into practice is somehow a different matter. You just have to make a list out of the important things and knock em off one by one. We have found the most difficult thing, being deciding where to buy a house and then to find a house we like....we are a bit picky!!! Even the agents have realised that! They dont pass on any rubbish (requiring complete makeovers) anymore! And thats saying something.
Have not really had the time to spare recently to check out the forum but when Jim mentioned that folks were enquiring after us I felt that I should respond. Had a bit of a job finding the new thread!! So had a good run through all the news anyway! Well best wishes to all those who have received their visa's since we did and also to all those still waiting....its worth the effort, time and money. But there is still a big effort when you arrive here, dont think its over once you receive the visa, just different matters to resolve.
Derek and Anna
great to hear from you derek. xxx
Old May 24th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Can I ask for a bit of help please? I was acknowledged on Sept 06 for a contributary parents (temporary) and am expecting a case worker soon!!!hopefully!! When my daughter applied she got her medicals done in advance and sent them off with her application. When I was getting my stuff together I booked my medical and then had to cancel it because I was told I had to wait until POPC ask for them. Im a bit worried about my xrays cos I used to be a smoker (stopped 5 years ago) and would like to put my mind at rest by having my medicals done now so I would like to know the following:

[
  1. Do I have to wait for my CO to ask?
  2. Do I use form 26
  3. Does the doctor have to send them to POPC or would I have to take them home to send them later

Your help would be greatly appreciated then I can get on with it and breathe a bit easier.
Ta Barbara
Old May 24th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

hi all,
the inlaws are in the process of being sponsored by us to apply for the above visa. i am just doing some research and was wondering we have to provide details of our income to see if we can be AOS-does anyone know how much the income test is-how much do we have to earn to be able to provide an aos
cheers
Old May 24th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

hi sleeping beauty,
u seem to know a lot about the above visa. we r going to be sponsoring the inlaws and doing much research at the mo. i read that we have to provide an AOS and to do this we have to show our income for last 2 years, we can only provide an AOS if we earn enough, do u know how much we have to earn to provide an aos
cheers

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
..well, the other one was sssoooooo long, that i thought i would set up a new one. congratulations to all those who have got their visa's on the other thread

this one is more for those people who have submitted/about to submit their PCV, so we can all see where we are all up to, time wise.

i will start..............

mum/dads application, sent end of november, acknowledged beginning of december. they havent submitted anything else (meds/pccs), and are still unsure on whether to frontload these at some point. they are looking at about august/september before they hear anything (going off the latest timelines).

please add your details/you parents details on, so we can see who is due to hear something next
Old May 24th 2007, 11:54 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Hi everyone,

Can I ask for a bit of help please? I was acknowledged on Sept 06 for a contributary parents (temporary) and am expecting a case worker soon!!!hopefully!! When my daughter applied she got her medicals done in advance and sent them off with her application. When I was getting my stuff together I booked my medical and then had to cancel it because I was told I had to wait until POPC ask for them. Im a bit worried about my xrays cos I used to be a smoker (stopped 5 years ago) and would like to put my mind at rest by having my medicals done now so I would like to know the following:

[
  2. Do I use form 26
  3. Does the doctor have to send them to POPC or would I have to take them home to send them later

Your help would be greatly appreciated then I can get on with it and breathe a bit easier.
Ta Barbara
hi barbara. well the jury is still out on the front loading medicals on the CPV. a lot seem to have done it. there was some talk a few months ago, that the medicals forms were coming out from POPC with your details embossed on teh form, so you HAD to wait. however, this hasnt been proven as yet, and there has been some numbers of applicants who have front loaded their medicals. so, in answer to your questions, in my opinion only of course ()....
1) no
2) yes
3) the panel doctor sends them without you seeing them.

i hope this info is okayish, as mum/dad are hoping to book their medicals for about august time, even if a CO has not been assigned or their medicals asked for.

watch this, somebody will come along and correct me, and then i will just go and slink off to a corner.
Old May 24th 2007, 11:56 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by threlly
hi sleeping beauty,
u seem to know a lot about the above visa. we r going to be sponsoring the inlaws and doing much research at the mo. i read that we have to provide an AOS and to do this we have to show our income for last 2 years, we can only provide an AOS if we earn enough, do u know how much we have to earn to provide an aos
cheers
hi, i am sure it is about $48,000 ish mark. my brother (who was our AOS), rang beforehand to double check he was okay. why dont you give them a call and get the figures from the horses mouth (although it can alter by the time you come to do it). somebody on here should know the exact figure. have you looked at the website to see if it is on there?
Old May 24th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

If you dont mind me offering a bit of advice on this one sleeping beauty, if you go on the Gomatilda website Alan Collett has done a brilliant explanation of the AOS and it details exactly how much it costs. As I understand it the AOS goes up for every dependent child the sponsor has as well so its worth reading it. It you put contributary parent into the search bit it will come up with the link to the article, if you cant find it let me know and Ill go on the site and find it for you, hope this helps
Old May 24th 2007, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Oops how very rude of me I forgot to say thanks Sleeping Beauty for the info on the meds! Barbara
Old May 24th 2007, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=DerekM;4824194]
Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Jim
Derek and Anna
Really pleased to hear all is well, may be picking your brains for lots of info when we get to Oz, we do not know where we want to live either, possibly Brisbane area, but how do you start to begin to look without a place to stay? (our son lives in Sydney) All good fun.

Linda and John
Old May 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Hi everyone,

[
  2. Do I use form 26

Ta Barbara
Hi Barbara
We were told by our Agent that we had to wait for the Med Forms as they are now being stamped by the POPC and this is a fairly new process. However we have just been assigned a C.O., we lodged in July 06, but they have allowed us to proceed with the old system as there is currently a back log. They attached the form required to an e-mail to our Agent. You could always look into getting your medicals done in oz as this has been done before on this thread that was what we were going to do 2 weeks ago but we were lucky and got a CO the other day hope this helps the waiting is terrible isnt it .hope this has been of help Regards Jan
Old May 24th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the info, I heard the good news about your CO and put my congrats onto the long list on this thread it must be a wonderful feeling!! Yes the wait is terrible but I feel better now I can go on these websites cos unless your going through it yourself you dont know how bad it is do you?

Unfortunately I cant do my meds in Australia cos I have to carry on working in England until I leave. It looks by your timeline that it may be July before I get my CO and I dont feel safe sending unrequested meds so I may just cool my heels and be content with booking my medicals for the end of July and keeping my fingers crossed. I think I would be justified in contacting POPC in July if I hadnt heard anything by then and asking if I could go ahead. Isnt it terrible when you are so out of control of your own future!
Old May 24th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the info, I heard the good news about your CO and put my congrats onto the long list on this thread it must be a wonderful feeling!! Yes the wait is terrible but I feel better now I can go on these websites cos unless your going through it yourself you dont know how bad it is do you?

Unfortunately I cant do my meds in Australia cos I have to carry on working in England until I leave. It looks by your timeline that it may be July before I get my CO and I dont feel safe sending unrequested meds so I may just cool my heels and be content with booking my medicals for the end of July and keeping my fingers crossed. I think I would be justified in contacting POPC in July if I hadnt heard anything by then and asking if I could go ahead. Isnt it terrible when you are so out of control of your own future!
I will keep my fingers crossed for you drop me a note if you need any help Take care Jan
Old May 24th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ragtag
I will keep my fingers crossed for you drop me a note if you need any help Take care Jan
Thanks Jan best of luck to you too x barbara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.