Wikiposts

New Boy !!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:37 am
Just Joined

pozzies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Boy !!

HELP!!!
Not too good at this sort of thing, just spent an hour typing and lost it all some how.
Anyway help really needed as I'm a total spaz and starting to stress big time!! This immigration thing better be worth it!
I'm applying for de-facto residency(47SP) for Australia and have a couple of questions.
I'm English, my girly is Australian, been living together 2 years and have heaps of proof etc.

1.Do we really have to write separate statements of our relationship history? Or can we do just one and both sign it?

2. How do we contact the Australian mission regarding the most up to date cost of the visa before we send it off? Is it just look at the website or do we have to write to them?

3. Is the payment from $ to £ at that days rate or do you go by the converter calculator they give you? ( ie £510)

4.Will they accept my girly as my sponsor even if she hasn't got her own home in Australia? The in-laws have said in their stat dec that they will support us until we get set up.

Well thats it for now, I'm sure there's heaps more but my head is pounding.
If anyone out there could shed some light on this I would be so grateful

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Boy !!

Originally Posted by pozzies
Anyway help really needed as I'm a total spaz and starting to stress big time!! This immigration thing better be worth it!
Welcome spaz - you have come to the right place!

I'm applying for de-facto residency(47SP) for Australia and have a couple of questions.
I'm English, my girly is Australian, been living together 2 years and have heaps of proof etc.

1.Do we really have to write separate statements of our relationship history? Or can we do just one and both sign it?
Both have to do it. They want both sides though to be honest I'm sure I'm not the only one who wrote both but just got hubby to sign his.

2. How do we contact the Australian mission regarding the most up to date cost of the visa before we send it off? Is it just look at the website or do we have to write to them?

3. Is the payment from $ to £ at that days rate or do you go by the converter calculator they give you? ( ie £510)
It is £510 until they change it which isn't very often. (depending on the rate of exchange) but it stayed the same before last change for many months.

When you come to apply check website.

4.Will they accept my girly as my sponsor even if she hasn't got her own home in Australia? The in-laws have said in their stat dec that they will support us until we get set up.
Shouldn't be a problem. Have you got money to take with you, or jobs to do when you get there?

Have you read the FAQ's on both this forum and the lifestyle forum. Loads of info. Also the search facility is very good, providing you word it right!

Welcome to the mad house and no doubt you will be as addicted to BE as everyone else.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:14 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pozzies
HELP!!!
Not too good at this sort of thing, just spent an hour typing and lost it all some how.

Well thats it for now, I'm sure there's heaps more but my head is pounding.
If anyone out there could shed some light on this I would be so grateful

Thanks in advance

1/ We (myself & partner) wrote separate statements, although there have been people that posted on here before saying they only submitted a "joint" statement. Also, including a TOC (Table Of Contents) for your application is something that is usually put in as an unwritten rule. We also included a covering letter stating why we had decided to make the application and that the front-loaded application was complete except for the medical report.

2/ The most up to date cost is on the DIMIA internet site.

3/ Can't help you with coversion as we applied on-shore.

4/ My missus doesn't have her own home and our application was given the OK. We are currently renting a flat (although we do own a tent!).

5/ Welcome to the forum!

NJJ
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:00 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi welcome to the forum!!

The other two have answered most of your questions I think already.

Prices usually change on July 1st, but just check before you send it in.

Lots of helpful people and information on here. From what you've said you shouldn't have too much trouble getting your visa though.

You can actually write separate or joint statements, their are people on here with visa's who've done it both ways. My boyf and I wrote separate ones, we were separated at the time of application though, so the choice was easy. IMO I think separate ones are better. I also wrote mine and didnt allow my partner to read it until his was written - this meant things I'd forgotten/he'd rememebered etc weren't biased by the others statement.

Don't forget as well - there are lots of couples who've lived in the UK for several years and so they dont own property in Australia either. There is no problem with this, so longs you can show you'll be able to support yourselves. Her parents mentioning this in their statement would be a great backup for you.

Good luck with it all - any questions, just ask!

Cheers