New born baby to enter Australia

Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:46 am
Just Joined

lavtoolaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New born baby to enter Australia

Hi ,

I and my husband are permanent residents in Australia under 189 visa.

I am 4 months pregnant and now i am in my home country and planned to deliver

my baby in India. In which visa can i take my baby to Australia . In subclass 101

it is mentioned that it takes around 14 months to get visa for my child.

Is there any possible way to take my baby there ASAP ?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New born baby to enter Australia

Originally Posted by lavtoolaya
Hi ,

I and my husband are permanent residents in Australia under 189 visa.

I am 4 months pregnant and now i am in my home country and planned to deliver

my baby in India. In which visa can i take my baby to Australia . In subclass 101

it is mentioned that it takes around 14 months to get visa for my child.

Is there any possible way to take my baby there ASAP ?
Your best bet is to actually move to Australia now and have the baby here. Your baby will be an Australian citizen from birth and won't need any visa. Otherwise yes, you will need a child visa which takes many months and a medical for the baby.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:38 am
Just Joined

lavtoolaya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much dorothy
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:19 am
Just Joined

deeblundell is an unknown quantity at this point

www.immi.gov.au

What Dorothy suggests is a really helpful suggestion regarding having your baby in Australia.
However, I am pretty confident that Citizenship is NOT Automatically Granted.
A Visa is required... Although born in Australia... The web site tells you the forms you need etc
At age 10 years, I believe such children are eligible for Citizenship...
There is a WizardSearch for the correct Visa which will advise you in Principle which Visa number applies...
You may also be required to have a Medical done for Baby...
There may be a requirement to lodge $5-15,000 Bond with the Australian Gov. In the event there are any Health issues ...
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No Dorothy is right a child born in Australia to PR parents is a citizen from day one. The baby will only need a visa if born outside Australia.
Not sure where you got that information from.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

From http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...nformation.htm

"Children born to a permanent resident of Australia
Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child's birth.
Children born outside Australia to parents who are not Australian citizens do not automatically acquire Australian citizenship, nor are they eligible for citizenship by descent.
See: Proof of Citizenship

Children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for and be granted a permanent residence visa to be able to enter and remain in Australia with their parents.

Most children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for a Child (subclass 101) visa. The current processing time for the Child (subclass 101) visa is approximately 14 months.

All people who apply for a visa, including applicants who are the children of permanent residents, must meet the eligibility requirements and pay the associated charges for the relevant visa.
See: Applicant Eligibility

Further information about applying for citizenship is available.
See: Becoming an Australian Citizen

Further information about applying for a Child (subclass 101) visa is available.
See: About the Child Visa"
Old Nov 24th 2013, 3:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A child born to Australian permanent residents in Australia is automatically an Australian citizen at birth. This would be a much preferable option to giving birth overseas as that child would need to apply for a child visa which can be a long and expensive process. As per Dorothy's advice I would return to Australia and give birth there.