Wikiposts

New booklet 6, 990i and 47sk out

Old Oct 30th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default New booklet 6, 990i and 47sk out

Can't see many changes though, I thought it would include the new posting guidelines but can't see them.....
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

georgebittar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New booklet 6, 990i and 47sk out

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Can't see many changes though, I thought it would include the new posting guidelines but can't see them.....
Hi there...

You can se the changes at DIMIA website. I recall a section that shows the difference between the new and the old booklet 6.

regards,
Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: New booklet 6, 990i and 47sk out

Originally Posted by georgebittar
Hi there...

You can se the changes at DIMIA website. I recall a section that shows the difference between the new and the old booklet 6.

regards,
My question is - do I need to use these new forms right away? I have a form 40 filled in by my sponsor which is already completed and just waiting for me to submit the complete application. Do I need a NEW form 40 filled out by my sponsor or can I continue to use the old form with my application? What about 47SK? I roughly compared the old 47SK and the new 47SK and there wasn't any huge changes in it, so I'm guessing that using the old forms is OK. Switching to the new forms will be a pain for both me and my sponsor, but I don't want to send everything off to DIMIA just to get it rejected because I used the old (wrong) forms!

I looked on the DIMIA web page and didn't see anything specific regarding the use of the old forms vs the new forms except the note about the old forms being destroyed by the time the new ones were available.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian0
My question is - do I need to use these new forms right away? I have a form 40 filled in by my sponsor which is already completed and just waiting for me to submit the complete application. Do I need a NEW form 40 filled out by my sponsor or can I continue to use the old form with my application? What about 47SK? I roughly compared the old 47SK and the new 47SK and there wasn't any huge changes in it, so I'm guessing that using the old forms is OK. Switching to the new forms will be a pain for both me and my sponsor, but I don't want to send everything off to DIMIA just to get it rejected because I used the old (wrong) forms!
An essential change is just that - essential.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_changes.htm

How long is it going to take you to fill out a new form 47SK using the information you already have? An hour or so? That's not going to be much compared to the delay you'll encounter if DIMIA have to write back to you asking for new information.

Definitely use an up to date form 47SK.

As regards form 40, it would be better if your sponsor could do the same. As it's understood this might take time, it's up to you to decide whether you want to take the risk of using the existing form 40 or not. At the very least, if you are going to use the existing form 40, ask your sponsor to send a new one.

DIMIA are asking for complete applications, so if your sponsor can get a new form 40 to you quickly and you're not about to miss a deadline to apply, it might be better to wait.

This catches out people all the time - forms change on 1 March, 1 July and 1 November every year, and unless you can apply on time, be prepared to fill out new versions.

Jeremy
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Fireball is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was delivered to ASPC today (Nov 1). Can ASPC ask me to resend new 47sk form?
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:52 am
Scootascum member.

scooterpom will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: New booklet 6, 990i and 47sk out

Originally Posted by Fireball
My application was delivered to ASPC today (Nov 1). Can ASPC ask me to resend new 47sk form?
Out of interest, did anyone notice the 'deliberate (??)' mistake in the new 47SK?

Apparently, according to question 111, you can no longer have have written communication sent to yourself, only a sponsor, migration agent, agents exempted from authorisation or an authorised recipient.

Does that mean that I am the authorised recipient??

I am presuming this is actually a typo and the 'sponsor' bit should read 'myself' like on the old form.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
The Scooterpom - Exporting two stroke pollution around the world!!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scooterpom
Out of interest, did anyone notice the 'deliberate (??)' mistake in the new 47SK?

Apparently, according to question 111, you can no longer have have written communication sent to yourself, only a sponsor, migration agent, agents exempted from authorisation or an authorised recipient.

Does that mean that I am the authorised recipient??

I am presuming this is actually a typo and the 'sponsor' bit should read 'myself' like on the old form.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
The Scooterpom - Exporting two stroke pollution around the world!!
Hi Scooterpom,

When you say question 111, I think you mean 101. DIMIA apparently cut off the "myself" option.

I would like to know also what sould we put in this case.... Leave it blank?

regards,
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:37 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by georgebittar
Hi Scooterpom,

When you say question 111, I think you mean 101. DIMIA apparently cut off the "myself" option.

I would like to know also what sould we put in this case.... Leave it blank?

regards,
I asked a lady from the Australian High Commission at the Earls Court show about this question. She told me to not tick any of the boxes but to write a little note making it clear you are doing this yourself and reference the earlier question where you put your own address. Always the risk that certain CO's will treat this differently I suppose, though.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: New booklet 6, 990i and 47sk out <-----

Originally Posted by worzel
I asked a lady from the Australian High Commission at the Earls Court show about this question. She told me to not tick any of the boxes but to write a little note making it clear you are doing this yourself and reference the earlier question where you put your own address. Always the risk that certain CO's will treat this differently I suppose, though.
Thanks worzel...

Strange isn't it....
Now you have to write notes mentioning you aren't using proffessional help etc...and as you said, giving chance of different interpretations...

maybe one of the "immigration wizards" in the forum could give us their point of view or something..

regards,