New Assurance of Support Rules

Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:37 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: New Assurance of Support Rules

Originally Posted by derson
We applied under the 138 general-skilled sponsor visa. My case officer told me that due to rule changes an AoS was no longer required as long as we were happy for them to grant the visa after Jan 1st 2008. That was fine by me!

Sure enough last week we got the grant letter and we had the visas stuck in the passports a couple of days later. And no AoS payment was required - which also saved my uncle the hassle of hiking down to the Centrelink offices for interviews and form-filling etc....
Ok, cool. I am on a Spouse visa and my fiance is here with me, so we havent got any work lined up when we get there, but OH has already had job offers as he is a carpenter, so fingers crossed they wont ask for one. But congrats on your visa!!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough

I am hoping to sponsor my Mum on a CPV. I understand that Centrelink would interview me towards the end of the vias app process - stupid question, but do they want to see proof of income for the 12 months previous to the date of the centrelink interview or 12 months prior to Mums visa app going in? Presume it is the former, but wanted to check! Thanks in advance for any help given
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:50 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Em76
I am hoping to sponsor my Mum on a CPV. I understand that Centrelink would interview me towards the end of the vias app process - stupid question, but do they want to see proof of income for the 12 months previous to the date of the centrelink interview or 12 months prior to Mums visa app going in? Presume it is the former, but wanted to check! Thanks in advance for any help given
Em

See below

All assurers must provide:
• Department of Immigration and Citizenship letter to the visa applicant advising that an Assurance of Support
is required
• Original documents to prove your identity (100 points) (Please see the Proving your identity to Centrelink
factsheet)
If you are signing as an individual assurer (i.e. you are not signing on behalf of an organisation) you must
also provide the following original documents to Centrelink:
• Evidence of your taxable income for the last financial year (i.e. Tax Notice of Assessment or any other
Australian Tax Office (ATO) letter or document stating your taxable income)
• Evidence of your current ongoing income (e.g. two most recent consecutive payslips, letter from accountant,
letter from employer, profit and loss statement, etc.)
• Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residence.

Our Daughter had her interview with Centrelink and paid our AOS on 17th December but now there is a halt we are still waiting for our visa.

BEst of luck

Caz
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Debzs is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: New Assurance of Support Rules

Hi There

Totally new to the process here can someone tell me is this a seperate visa issue or does my OH still have to be skilled.

We have family who can sponsor us who meets the criteria shown above and enough money to support ourselves once we are out there

Is that enough on its own sorry to be so vague its so confusing all the different types of visas

Thanks

Debzx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:53 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Debzs
Hi There

Totally new to the process here can someone tell me is this a seperate visa issue or does my OH still have to be skilled.

We have family who can sponsor us who meets the criteria shown above and enough money to support ourselves once we are out there

Is that enough on its own sorry to be so vague its so confusing all the different types of visas

Thanks

Debzx
Debz

What visa are you planning on going with. Are you going out on a Contributory Parent Visa?

Caz
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: New Assurance of Support Rules

Hey Caz

We were thinking of skilled visa as OH is training to be a bricky I just get so confused when reading the gov au site but if we could go using the details above then we would take that route..

I will check the criteria for contributary parent though

Debzs
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: New Assurance of Support Rules

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Debz

What visa are you planning on going with. Are you going out on a Contributory Parent Visa?

Caz
Hey Caz

Just checked on the Contributor Parent Visa we can meet all the criteria except we have two children here one ours one is my son not adopted by my OH but he lives with us. My OH has one daughter in vic.

From what I can see we would fail on the fact we have 2 dependant children here and I child over in Oz argghh

Debzs