Wikiposts

New to all this and needing reassurance!

Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:20 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough
Default New to all this and needing reassurance!

I've been reading loads of threads on this site and firstly want to thank everyone who writes as we've picked up so much from here. Its good to see so many people in the same boat!

We've been doing ok, got skills assessed and sent off application, got case officer and booked in medicals - today actually. Then I go and pick up a bug that's going round which is basically a really bad cold (lucky for me I am a girl and impervious to man-flu!). Has this happened to anyone else, and what happened? Or am I the unluckiest person posting right now? It will be difficult to change the appointment because of our jobs and of course there is the 'really want to get it done and sent' factor which I guess you'll all understand.
Any thoughts?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:24 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to all this and needing reassurance!

Originally Posted by Pinkie
I've been reading loads of threads on this site and firstly want to thank everyone who writes as we've picked up so much from here. Its good to see so many people in the same boat!

We've been doing ok, got skills assessed and sent off application, got case officer and booked in medicals - today actually. Then I go and pick up a bug that's going round which is basically a really bad cold (lucky for me I am a girl and impervious to man-flu!). Has this happened to anyone else, and what happened? Or am I the unluckiest person posting right now? It will be difficult to change the appointment because of our jobs and of course there is the 'really want to get it done and sent' factor which I guess you'll all understand.
Any thoughts?
I am sure this happens all the time, you only have a cold and the examiner will surely identify it as such. Having high blood pressure from worrying although is a different matter. So chill and enjoy the blood test
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:28 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Brisben, I don't know why I'm so worried about this bit - I guess its that so near but yet so far bit that's getting to me. Plus I hate needles!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Brisben, I don't know why I'm so worried about this bit - I guess its that so near but yet so far bit that's getting to me. Plus I hate needles!

I remember this stage soooo well. Before I had my meds I'd convinced myself that I had AIDS, Hepititus, TB, and every other illness imaginable!.

Needless to say 15 months later, sat in Australia it was worth every minute of the worrying that I went through every second of the application.

Chill out, and enjoy the ride
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:50 pm
Playing the game

Nice pic Wendy! I think the cold is just taking away the philosophical layer I have been building up since we started this whole thing!
I take it you are settled now then? Where did you end up? We're still undecided on that bit.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pic Wendy! I think the cold is just taking away the philosophical layer I have been building up since we started this whole thing!
I take it you are settled now then? Where did you end up? We're still undecided on that bit.

It is a nice pic isn't it. It's Morten Harket from A-ha just in case you are remotely interested (probably not )

We are in South Australia, it's just beautiful and I wake up every day with a smile on my face. Well so long as it's after 7am
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:01 pm
Playing the game

Sadly I did know that, went to see Aha in Manchester last year and they were amazing - some of those notes.....

We were toying with South Australia - Adelaide really as we need a decent sized city for jobs. I have heard mixed reports though, one friend said there is a drugs problem and someone else said not much going on. Are you in that area and if so, how do you find it? Its snowing here btw, doesn't a part of you miss the awful weather back here
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sadly I did know that, went to see Aha in Manchester last year and they were amazing - some of those notes.....

We were toying with South Australia - Adelaide really as we need a decent sized city for jobs. I have heard mixed reports though, one friend said there is a drugs problem and someone else said not much going on. Are you in that area and if so, how do you find it? Its snowing here btw, doesn't a part of you miss the awful weather back here
They were playing there before we came, but my MEAN, HORRIBLE hubby wouldn't let me go

I've not had any trouble with drugies, it does go on here but no more than the rest of Australia. I guess it depends on where abouts you are, same as the rest of the world

There are some really run down, horrible places. But you can live just 2k up the road and have no trouble. Adelaide is really underestimated, and i think in a few years we will catch up with the rest of Australia. By that I mean, at the minute it's probably the cheapest place to live, but in a few years that's going to change as more and more people move here.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:32 pm
Playing the game

He IS mean Guess you can't blame him though, Morten definitely still has it!

I'm off to the radiographers now, then on to the medical exam so thanks for the chat - its really taken my mind of things, hopefully my blood pressure will be back to somewhere near normal now!

I might pick your brains some more on Adelaide at some point though if you wouldn't mind, we're trying to keep open minded on the subject and as you say, everywhere has its pros and cons.

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He IS mean Guess you can't blame him though, Morten definitely still has it!

I'm off to the radiographers now, then on to the medical exam so thanks for the chat - its really taken my mind of things, hopefully my blood pressure will be back to somewhere near normal now!

I might pick your brains some more on Adelaide at some point though if you wouldn't mind, we're trying to keep open minded on the subject and as you say, everywhere has its pros and cons.

Thanks for your help

No worries. Just PM me if you want any info and I'll do my best to help
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:56 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I remember this stage soooo well. Before I had my meds I'd convinced myself that I had AIDS, Hepititus, TB, and every other illness imaginable!.

Needless to say 15 months later, sat in Australia it was worth every minute of the worrying that I went through every second of the application.

Chill out, and enjoy the ride

I convinced myself of much the same and am terrified of needles, however I remained focused on what I was trying to achieve ( A life in Australia) and you would be suprised how fearless you can be when you are so determined. The fact you have already spent 2k on TRA, police checks, agents fees and such like one needle ain't gonna stop you...
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brisben
I convinced myself of much the same and am terrified of needles, however I remained focused on what I was trying to achieve ( A life in Australia) and you would be suprised how fearless you can be when you are so determined. The fact you have already spent 2k on TRA, police checks, agents fees and such like one needle ain't gonna stop you...

Agree totally. I'm scared stiff of spiders, but now I couldn't give a rats backside cos i'm where I want to be and they don't scare me anymore

Hi Ben, how are you